• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhammer 40k expansion gone GOLD. [Free copies to first 100 posters]

Slo

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/38553

Dawn of War: Winter Assault GONE GOLD [12:00 pm]
23 Comments - Maarten Goldstein

THQ today announced that the Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War expansion pack Winter Assault has gone gold. Adding the Imperial Guard and four new units for each of the existing races, Winter Assault will ship to stores September 19.

"The response to the highly visceral combat action in the original Dawn of War was a huge part of the feedback we received from fans," said Ron Moravek, general manager of Relic Entertainment. "But we also wanted to make sure we listened to what our players wanted more of, which is why we are featuring a very deep single player game and a new race that will give multiplayer games a whole new dimension in terms of strategy."

Mrbob

this is what I've been waiting for.

In a month or two there will likely be a battle chest out with the game and expansion for 40 bucks. :D

B'z-chan

Banned
RELIC get on the ball and call up Vinvindi and get HOMEWORLD 3 going stat. Enough playing around with DOW BISH get on HOMEWORLD damnit.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Content wise this sounds like what the first game should have had. I'm definitely looking forward to it.

Slo

I think so, but he may have moved onto Company of Heroes or W40k DS.*

No, not really.

Razoric

Banned
Slo said:
Yeah, and if you need a PC to play it on they'll give you one of those too.

what if you need a house to use the pc in? or a car to drive and get food in between dawn of war matches? or maybe free passes to pizza hut?

Razoric

Banned
Dr_Cogent said:
Hey thanks Slo. I got BuddyC PO'ed at me apparently because I posted in that thread you linked to.

all you had to do was read a few posts and/or look at the date to realize it was talking about the Dawn of War release in 2004. :p

Dont feel bad though i almost responded too. :p

B'z-chan

Banned
Well i'm sure mine got lost in the mail but when's this one coming bish? :lol :lol

Seriously DOW is awsome and its fun to play cant wait.

Razoric

Banned
Slo said:
Haha, some mod changed the title. :)

haha!

No free copies, you Relic guys deserve the money for this game. :D

You hear about the Dawn of War patch for tomorrow? Persistant bodies, blood, craters, etc! I can't wait to try out that carnage! :D :D

BuddyC

Dr_Cogent said:
Hey thanks Slo. I got BuddyC PO'ed at me apparently because I posted in that thread you linked to.
:lol

I don't take this place quite that seriously.

Reading through that old thread was hilarious, but I don't know how much poor bish can take.

And besides, thanks to whoever changed the title of this thread, now we've got a sequel just shy of a year later. Whee!

ram

where is my copy?

:D

btw. i think dawn of war is not the greatest warhammer 40k computer game.

Slo

Razoric said:
I'm posting for my brother as well so if you can send me 2 copies that'd be great.

You push your luck now, and you might not get a free Company of Heroes.

explodet

I played a lot of Dawn of War a while back. I always chose the Orks, mainly because my friends already had dibs on the other races. :p My strategy usually consisted of a lot of regular boyz upgraded with flamethrowers, tankbustas with launchers, backed up with a few Kans. Then I'd send in the Squiggoth and watch the fun.

Is there a good preview for the expansion online?

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Jonric: With respect to the structure of Winter Assault, how many missions will it offer, and which sides will we be able to play?

Andrew Chambers: There will be a total of 12 missions in the single-player game for Winter Assault. These are split into two different campaigns, an Order and a Disorder campaign, which feature the Imperial Guard and Eldar or Chaos and Orks respectively.

So thats what 6 missions per campaign? Or are all 12 playable from both sides?

luxsol

Sweet, if this is real I'd like freeness too!

I just bought the full thing last Friday at Target (only $15!) and i love it.

Slo

Guys, make sure to post a mailing address. Bish may be the black santa, but these are still coming via UPS.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
I bet people who post in this thread and don't have the original will get that too, if they write a nice haiku or something with some effort put into it.

bishop likes haikus I hear.

EDIT: did I say haiku? I meant erotic haiku

Top Bottom