• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

Trevelyan

Banned
Killthee said:
*Shamelessly steals idea from the RFoM thread...*

New list can be found here.

Awesome man, thanks.

Except... my name is spelled Trevelyan, not Travelyan, haha. Oh yeah, I'm in EST and am willing to go into GAF2

Surreal

Cedeo said:
Can we call it like Gaf Alpha and Gaf Omega

I dislike being in the inferior '2'

Clan names have a 4 character limit, but we could use symbols if they allow it. :D

"GAFA" "GAFO" haha

I want in! Please!

PSN ID: CaptainGlanton

Central Time, US, so I'd be in the East clan if that's how it's shaking out. I plan on being a day one buyer, too.

WTFing

Banned
merci Killthee ;)

pandas-need-guns.jpg

Cedeo

Surreal said:
Clan names have a 4 character limit, but we could use symbols if they allow it. :D

"GAFA" "GAFO" haha

yeah, I don't really mind what the name is aslong, just so were on the same level so to speak.

Aalyx

Thinking about it, considering the game supports a maximum of 16 vs 16, is location (timezone) really that important? In a 64 person clan, I'm guessing at least 16 people will be online at any time.

No clue about the naming of the clans though...

Does anyone know if they fixed the aiming when you are on foot? have they done something about the team killing, the weapons being under powered and made the battles(zone) more structured.. If they didn't do much to fix the issues in the beta then I won't buy it.

You can switch me from Clan Alpha to the now far superior Clan Omega. I'm changing spots with Surreal/Westseven if he still wants to.

Timezone is EST

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Cedeo said:
Can we call it like Gaf Alpha and Gaf Omega

I dislike being in the inferior '2'

Eww. Why would you want GAFA and GAFO? :lol

Trevelyan said:
Awesome man, thanks.

Except... my name is spelled Trevelyan, not Travelyan, haha. Oh yeah, I'm in EST and am willing to go into GAF2

Sorry about that ^_^;

I suggest everyone else on the list double check my work so we don't have any problems on the 28th.

Surreal

Flesh Into Gear said:
You can switch me from Clan Alpha to the now far superior Clan Omega. I'm changing spots with Surreal/Westseven if he still wants to.

Timezone is EST

Cool, I'm PST btw, Killthee.

CSSer

Killthee said:
\
New list can be found here.

You spelt my username wrong too: CSSer. The PSN id is right though. I'm in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, EST timezone.

Numbers are fine people. Just rename GAF2 to GAF1 then... blah

Cedeo

Killthee said:
Eww. Why would you want GAFA and GAFO? :lol

Sorry about that ^_^;

I suggest everyone else on the list double check my work so we don't have any problems on the 28th.

GAF2 gives the impression that were inferior to GAF1, it doesn't have to be alpha or omega.

Killthee

Cedeo said:
GAF2 gives the impression that were inferior to GAF1, it doesn't have to be alpha or omega.

How about naming all the clans "GAF" in game (is this possible?) and naming them "GAF Alpha/Omega/Sigma" on the board/spreadsheet?

Angelcurio

Gold Member
PSN ID: Angelcurio. I will be part of the clan.

BTW, i see the 64 clan members limit being a huge problem on Warhawk considering that the Resistance clan has almost 200 people on it.

Grayman

Zaphod said:
If the clans do get split I'll take the East US clan.

The names entered like this might work:
GAFe
GAFw
GAFu
oh undercase letters for sure if the clan is not being numbered. Even GAFa and GAFo look better than GAFA and GAFO

the_id

i'm getting the disc version of the game (21/9) thats when it comes out in NZ...so it'll be a while before i can play with you guys. don't kick me out of the clan ok!!!!!

Don't forget we can do our own servers. Who is up for hosting games? It would be awesome if each clan had people who could leave their PS3 on while they are away to be used for servers.

Trevelyan

Banned
UnholySpectacle said:
Don't forget we can do our own servers. Who is up for hosting games? It would be awesome if each clan had people who could leave their PS3 on while they are away to be used for servers.

I'm hoping to get my new cable line in by the beginning of September. Once that happens, I'll be more than happy to host some servers 24/7.

Grayman

Safe Bet said:
You know not what you ask...
I guess I don't have experience with it in a game like this. In MMOs I was happier in a group with the HNIC leadership principle than the vote about everything and keep everyone happy method.

Killthee

UnholySpectacle said:

Hopefully I'll be able to host this go around (Beta always crashed around the 6 minute mark when I was hosting). 24p server BTW :D

Surreal said:
Spreadsheet correction, it's Westseven, not Westsevn. Also, who will be sending the invites?

The clan leaders will be sending out the invites. IIRC you'll need to log into Warhawk with your PSN ID at least once before being able receive an invite. The real question is who wants to be clan leader?

Angelcurio

Gold Member
I dont know if this is too much to ask for, but i would like to be in the same clan that the ROFM clan members are.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Killthee said:
Hopefully I'll be able to host this go around (Beta always crashed around the 6 minute mark when I was hosting). 24p server BTW :D

Bare in mind Incognito updated the bandwidth requirements since the beta. I was able to host a full 32p server with the beta code. Now I mostly get up to 20 with the review one.

Killthee

TTP said:
Bare in mind Incognito updated the bandwidth requirements since the beta. I was able to host a full 32p server with the beta code. Now I mostly get up to 20 with the review one.

Again? I thought Jobe was talking about the upped requirement that happened during the beta. At the start I was also able to host a 32p server (lag hell when it reached 32p btw), but at the end I was only able to host a 24p server.

This is filling up quickly, I'm glad to see so many GAF folk buying the game. In lieu of having an official leader I'd like to throw out some suggestions. How about we have an official GAF clan match on the night of Thursday the 30th? That gives a couple days for folks to get the game, get a good grasp of the mechanics, and time for the clan leaders to get all invites out.

We can have an unoffical tournament of sorts where GAF1 and GAF2 face off in team deathmatch or CTF. With such large clans though we would have to hold multiple matches and people would have to sign up saying they would absolutely be there to play. This would also allow us to find out each player's skill level and balance out teams if necessary.

Opinions?

Defuser

UnholySpectacle said:
This is filling up quickly, I'm glad to see so many GAF folk buying the game. In lieu of having an official leader I'd like to throw out some suggestions. How about we have an official GAF clan match on the night of Thursday the 30th? That gives a couple days for folks to get the game, get a good grasp of the mechanics, and time for the clan leaders to get all invites out.

We can have an unoffical tournament of sorts where GAF1 and GAF2 face off in team deathmatch or CTF. With such large clans though we would have to hold multiple matches and people would have to sign up saying they would absolutely be there to play. This would also allow us to find out each player's skill level and balance out teams if necessary.

Opinions?
Sure...Time? Air dog fights only or Ground battlefield?

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Killthee said:
Again? I thought Jobe was talking about the upped requirement that happened during the beta. At the start I was also able to host a 32p server (lag hell when it reached 32p btw), but at the end I was only able to host a 24p server.

Ah didn't know that. Didn't play the beta till the end cos those crashes pissed me off midway. I just discovered it with the review code and read about it in the Q&A on the SCEA blog.

Top Bottom