• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

dralla

4kym4yd.jpg

I. Overview
II. Key Features
III. Distribution
VI. Game Modes
V. Maps
VI. Weapons
VII. Vehicles
VIII. Media
IX. NeoGAF Clan
X. Updates

------------------------------

I. OVERVIEW

Developer - Incognito
Genre - Third Person Shooter/Vehicle Combat
Release Date - August 28, 2007
Official Website - http://www.us.playstation.com/Warhawk/

5z1fo0j.jpg

The long-awaited remake of the Playstion hit takes flight on the PlayStation 3 system. In Warhawk, players will experience a true full-scale war in an intense online multiplayer arena. Take to the skies and engage in high-speed aerobatic dogfights or hover to provide crucial aerial support to surging ground troops. Unleash an artillery assault with heavily armored tanks and all terrain vehicles. Advance on-foot to frontline positions and key locations with an array of devastating weapons, mounted guns and emplaced defense turrets.

II. KEY FEATURES

- Epic next-gen multi-modal design immerses you in a deep 3rd person gameplay experience.

- Fly or hover in the Warhawk to engage in intense dogfights with dozens of fighters and ground forces aimed your way.

- Take control of armored tanks or utility vehicles to defend your base or launch a ground assault.

- Continue the battle on-foot and choose from a powerful arsenal of weapons, including rockets launchers, flame throwers, and proximity mines.

- Customize your soldier with an unlimited combination of armor and squad markings.

- Team up with friends and create competitve clans and stay organized with user friendly communication tools.

- Complex stat tracking records and rewards your accomplishments on the battlefield.

- Bluetooth and USB headset compatability for strategic communications and excessive online chatter.

- Expansion, vehicle and character cusomtization packs sheduled for download through 2008.

III. DISTRIBUTION

Warhawk can be purchased via the PlayStation Store for $39.99. The download is approximately 800MB.

Warkawk can also be purchased via retail for $59.99. The retial version of Warhawk will come on a blu-ray disc and be packaged with a bluetooth headset. Additionally, the retail version will have behind the scenes video's and supports "ghosting". Ghosting means only 1 copy of Warhawk is required to play via LAN spawning across multiple PlayStation 3's.

The headset included with the retail version is a Jabra BT-125.

VI. GAME MODES

Deathmatch Mode
Players can choose to be either Eucadian or Chernovan, and they must kill as many other players as possible within a certain time limit. Once the match is over, the winnder is whoever has accumulated the most kills. Players can spawn multiple times within one play session and spawn at any base on the map.

Team Deathmatch Mode
Players are organized into two or more teams, with each team having its own kill-count. Each team has a main base and they have the option to capture neutral bases in the map. Obtaining neutral bases allows more spawn points. To capture a base, players must move into the center of the base and wait until the capture meter turns to 1. The team with the highest kill-count at the end wins.

Capture The Flag
CTF mode is a combination of traditional capture the flag and Team Deathmatch. In this mode your team can capture bases that allow forward spawning. Bases are captured the same way bases are captured in Team Deathmatch. Players can use forward bases to spawn near their enemies flag and capture it more quickly; they must return the flag to their base in order to win the match.

Zone Mode
Zone mode is similar to Team Deathmatch in that it revolves around capturing bases. In Zone mode, each team can "grow" the boundaries of the base by continuing to stay within the zone radius. Once two zones are large enough, the bases will merge and allow more spawn points, more vehicles, and more points accrued. Growing zones is good because it takes the opposing team longer to neutralize eventually capture the zone. Linking zones will give the team additional vehicles, more spawn points, and their score will accrue faster. This mode requires the most ammount of teamwork and strategy.

V. MAPS

4t9i0lt.jpg

5zh8cxs.jpg

52d7mlz.jpg

62qeerr.jpg

4mkln9u.jpg

*note - each map has five layouts for a total of 25 different map configurations.

VI. WEAPONS

Warhawk

52ghs1y.jpg

4vet0xw.jpg

4tyxgty.jpg

4r27ejk.jpg

6gt6g60.jpg

6c468g7.jpg

4ozfzvk.jpg

4ul0om0.jpg

Ground Troops

6fuc2lh.jpg

6d2jzuw.jpg

525vg41.jpg

623x8o3.jpg

5xfk7pl.jpg

4qhm7om.jpg

4yezzug.jpg

5zm82h4.jpg

*note - there are also Land Mines

Turrets

4tpuyjn.jpg

4y9erty.jpg

4t6g294.jpg

VII. Vehicles

6730wu1.jpg

6fzin8x.jpg

5xo1aqf.jpg

6blylbc.jpg

VIII. MEDIA

IGN: Podcast Beyond #8, with Dylan Jobe
Warhawk FAQ with Dylan Jobe
Behind The Curtain: The Warhawk Servers
Ode to the Warhawk Public Beta
IGN Warhawk Developer Blog
1up Warhawk Superguide

E3 2007 Trailer HD
GDC 07 Trailer HD
GDC 07 Dog Flight Gameplay HD
GDC 07 Tank Gameplay Trailer HD
Ground Combat Trailer
Airbourne Trailer
Japanese Battle Trailer HD
1up Video Preview
Epic Trailer
CTF on Archipelago

Reviews

Yahoo! UK
"It feels good, it feels right. It’s as close to a massively multiplayer virtual warzone as we’ve ever seen on console and you can’t help but be impressed by the scale of what’s going on around you."

PSM3
"It's a masterpiece of balance, of design, and the Jewel in Sony's online crown. If you're looking for a multi-player game to justify PS3's online potential - or just crave honest fun - look no further."

1up
"[Warhawk] provides dozens -- perhaps even hundreds -- of hours of frantic, addictive, online-shooter fun. That's more than a lot of games offer."

IGN
"Warhawk lives up to its billing: a AAA experience that is an adrenaline rush for online fans. Large worlds, balanced combat mechanics and impressively deep server mechanics help this fast paced game soar."

Game Informer
"One of the most intricately balanced action games in years, the full-scale battles have to be seen to be believed."

PSX Extreme
"The game is epic beyond my wildest expectations and now that I've fallen in, I can't get out."

GameSpy
"Excellent play balance; great graphics; wide variety of play styles; robust online gameplay."

GameSpot
"Regardless of how you get it, Warhawk is a great multiplayer shooter and one of the first of its kind to land on the still-new PlayStation 3"

EuroGamer
"Incognito has taken the DNA of Battlefield and crafted a sublime online console game - a virtual battlezone that serves up more than its fair share of wonderful audio-visuals, but more than that, plays beautifully, with every game you play supplying a key gameplay moment that only online gaming provides."

PSU
"Warhawk is an amazing multiplayer experience. Almost everything is spot on, and players will have a lot of fun taking on different roles and trying out different tactics to reach their objectives. This title is a must-have for PS3 owners."

GameTrailers
"Jump in a cock pit, take off, do a barrel roll, and enjoy one of the best online console experiences available."

IX. NeoGAF CLAN

61oiqed.jpg

Due to buggy clan management within Warhawk it's difficult to set up an official clan. If you'd like to play with fellow GAFer's, simply post in this thread and meet up with them within Warhawk.

X. UPDATES

Operation: Omega Dawn
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2007/11/30/operation-omega-dawn/

Update V1.3
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/02/15/warhawk-v13-patch/

Operation: Broken Mirror
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/03/28/operation-broken-mirror/

Update V1.4
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/07/14/warhawk-v14-update-“free-gameplay-modes”/

Operation: Fallen Star
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/08/25/warhawk-operation-fallen-star/

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Cant wait... Get Ready boys!!!! For those who got into beta can we get an overview or comparison?

dralla

Only a week away, thought it was about time to get the 'official' thead up. Once the game is out I'll add a GAF Clan section. I don't know who is going to be organizing it, anyone want to volunteer?

Aalyx

That group picture looks great :D

I'll have to wait for the European release though, I need a headset :-/

Cdammen

Can anyone link me to or post a picture of the "beautiful level in the clouds/sky with floating islands", I've never seen it but many people (well the guys at 1UP at least) are raving about it :(

*urge to buy a PS3 rising*

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Cdammen said:
Can anyone link me to or post a picture of the "beautiful level in the clouds/sky with floating islands", I've never seen it but many people (well the guys at 1UP at least) are raving about it :(

*urge to buy a PS3 rising*

That sounds like Archipelago.

warhawk-20070607041538037.jpg

jjasper

too many games come out on the 28th. Metroid, Jeanne D'Arc and Warhawk.

Anyway going to have to decide if I am going to gamefly or buy and if I buy which version to get (probably retail as I am tired of using my usb headset)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
THANK YOU FOR MAKING THIS TOPIC. Can't fucking wait now!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
justjohn said:
no offence but the title is too boring. where's the excitement?
WARHAWK - The Official IT'S TIME TO BLOW SOME ASS Thread

arcader

Banned
I got the retail version paid in full.

I cant wait.

I got a firend to let me try the beta - I played it for a few days as a teaser but deleted it....the full game will become the best online game of its type for some time me thinks.

DeadCell

Probably the only game that'll be able to pry me away from Bioshock.

Well, at least until NHL 08 hits. :D

Anyways, Warhawk is easily my most anticipated PS3 game of 07.

Gigglepoo

Some jerk bumped that old "Warhawk for $40!" thread, making me think I could secure this game for a nominal fee. Needles to say, I'm pissed. I might still pick it up simply because I'd like a BT Headset and Warhawk seems fun, but $60 is much, much more than I usually pay for games.

Question, can we have team insignia and symbols for clans? if so when it comes out lets brainstorm get a roster. I think 64 per clan is what warhawk will have. But I think a team of 16 to 30 is great.

Arsenic

Gigglepoo said:
Some jerk bumped that old "Warhawk for $40!" thread, making me think I could secure this game for a nominal fee. Needles to say, I'm pissed. I might still pick it up simply because I'd like a BT Headset and Warhawk seems fun, but $60 is much, much more than I usually pay for games.
You can always just buy the the download for $40.

Trevelyan

Banned
Oh God yes!! I've been suffering from withdrawal ever since the beta ended. I must get back into my groove and destroy all!

reminder

I'll be there when it comes out here in europe. September 19 :(

Well, if you want to add me, my Online-ID is Radioactivist :)

spwolf

reminder said:
I'll be there when it comes out here in europe. September 19 :(

Well, if you want to add me, my Online-ID is Radioactivist :)

at least in UK, it is coming to the PSN Store on 28th as well... retail is Sept 19th.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
gluv65 said:
Question, can we have team insignia and symbols for clans? if so when it comes out lets brainstorm get a roster. I think 64 per clan is what warhawk will have. But I think a team of 16 to 30 is great.

In the beta there was no clan wide logo/identification other than the clan name before your PSN ID. You can customize your character though with the symbols and uniforms you unlock by ranking up. Dylan Jobe has already confirmed that the retail version will have 64 member clans.

SuperEnemyCrab said:
I never played the original warhawk. Would you guys recommend this game if you are a Crimson skies fan?

Hell yes.

reminder

spwolf said:
at least in UK, it is coming to the PSN Store on 28th as well... retail is Sept 19th.

I know, but

- i need a headset
- i don't have a CC
- i'm not sure, if the game will be available in the german PS Store because it's rated 16+ here in germany...

Aalyx

spwolf said:
Really? Hmm...meh, I guess I can wait a few weeks anyway, I'd like to have the headset. Hopefully in that time everyone doesn't become godlike :lol

Steroyd

You're not Wollan!

I'll have to join the Warhawk party late I'm waiting on the retail version.... in the UK.... in September....19th....

Steroyd

A2D said:
Really? Hmm...meh, I guess I can wait a few weeks anyway, I'd like to have the headset. Hopefully in that time everyone doesn't become godlike :lol

Yeah only getting a PS3 last month and jumping right into the resistance clan.... that's one hell of a learning curve. O_O

Top Bottom