• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wario Land Shake-Age

Perdew

This game, once again, looks absolutely stunning. You don't even need HD.

If oooonly we got Mega Man 9 to look like this.

TreIII

Perdew said:
This game, once again, looks absolutely stunning. You don't even need HD.

If oooonly we got Mega Man 9 to look like this.

Let's not turn this topic into another war on MM9's design choice, shall we? That game is fine the way it is, this game is (VERY) fine the way it is. Let's leave it at that. :D

[Nintex]

Guybrush Threepwood said:
This game looks amazing.

I wish developers would make 2D games that look like this instead of going back to 8-bit.
Well Nintendo should let this team handle Metroid next...:D

Perdew

TreIII said:
Let's not turn this topic into another war on MM9's design choice, shall we? That game is fine the way it is, this game is (VERY) fine the way it is. Let's leave it at that. :D

Haha sorry. I guess it's not just Mega Man; I'd love to see something like Gunstar Heroes, a 2D Sonic, even a 'New new Super Mario Brothers' designed with sprites from an animation company.

Ironically I originally wrote Street Fighter IV but didn't want to de-rail with 2d/3d shenanigans

Jme

Jesus fucking Christ! This is what I want a new Mario Bros. game to look like. Beautiful hand drawn 2D animation side scrolling. Put this look on a SMW/SMB3 and I would be in heaven!

slaughterking said:
Hm, don't know what happend there. Works fine for me, sorry. :I

Btw: I highly recommend to watch the high quality version. Looks way better.

b0nablem33fszo60j.jpg

Wow. The HQ version looks so much better than any of the lower-res trailers I've seen for this.

So yeah, day one, no doubt. The visuals really do look awesome...not quite the GBA caliber some folks swore it to be. :lol

Gimme it today. In English. At my door.

Toy Soldier said:
So yeah, day one, no doubt. The visuals really do look awesome...not quite the GBA caliber some folks swore it to be. :lol

To be fair, this is a game you need to see in hi-res and in motion to really appreciate. Shrink the videos down, and it doesn't look that much better than a GBA/DS side-scroller.

Ganondorfo

I'll wonder why they give such an amazing treatment to this character. But the cover make it look like it's another wario world.
Metroid, mario needs this graphical style more.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
dk_ said:
No, bc Wario is from Good-Feel.

also gaf is hypocritical as hell. one thread gaf is going nuts about how "evil" nintendo is and how they're "destroying gaming" and the next they're praising Nintendo's core games this gen and justifying their wii strategy. make up your fucken mind is what i'm always telling people.

as for me, i always have been and always will be pro wario and waluigi. way better than their counterparts.

Shiggy

Do we know how many levels are included and how long those are?

Wow, even the lighting changes when clouds appear, I have never seen sth like that in a 2D game.

Father_Brain said:
To be fair, this is a game you need to see in hi-res and in motion to really appreciate. Shrink the videos down, and it doesn't look that much better than a GBA/DS side-scroller.

I agree that it takes seeing it in motion to really appreciate how awesome it looks, but even in those initial tiny screenshots, it was clear that it'd have some sort of animated/cel-shaded type of look to it...and knowing that it'd obviously be a 480p Wii title meant for retail, since we knew the price all along, it was kind of silly to essentially totally write off its visuals.

Sometimes it makes a heck of a lot more sense to jump to a positive conclusion, to give the benefit of the doubt, rather than to jump on the pile of jaded negative assumptions. This was one of those times.

FUCK htis looks FUCKING AWESOME

and music is FUCKING AWESOME AS WELL

FUCK, HYPE X10000 thanks man for making this video and thanks other man for youtubing it

FUCK

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
The only thing I'm apprehensive about is the difficulty. I just want it to be at least modestly challenging. Not difficult or anything, just an occasional challenge. Looking forward to impressions.

Jme

AstroLad said:
The only thing I'm apprehensive about is the difficulty. I just want it to be at least modestly challenging. Not difficult or anything, just an occasional challenge. Looking forward to impressions.

Agreed. I'm sick of these bullshit easy games. At LEAST give me the option to increase the difficulty (without having to play through it on easy first!)

AstroLad said:

if this is like the portable versions, there will ber some tricky stuff in the later levels. Let's hope it remains that way

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
That video does it. It's basically pure unadulterated platforming, I really needed a game like this. So glad we finally have the real sequel to Wario Land 4! Can't wait! :D

mightynine said:
Never bought a Wario Land game before - but I will now.
Get 1 to 4 on the Gameboys! It'll make you appreciate the game even more, and to turn it up a notch, play the disappointing DS one, and you'll be hyped through the roof! I know I am right now. :)

Vinci

Danish
AstroLad said:
also gaf is hypocritical as hell. one thread gaf is going nuts about how "evil" nintendo is and how they're "destroying gaming" and the next they're praising Nintendo's core games this gen and justifying their wii strategy. make up your fucken mind is what i'm always telling people.

Amen. It's been ridiculous around here since E3.

J-Rock

Banned
slaughterking said:
Hm, don't know what happend there. Works fine for me, sorry. :I

Btw: I highly recommend to watch the high quality version. Looks way better.

b0nablem33fszo60j.jpg

Much better. This game looks so damn good.

dk_

AstroLad said:
I guess, it's seems very easy from what I've seen so far in gameplay vids. When you hit most of the enemies without doing an attack, they just bounce off from Wario's belly and you don't lose a heart. Plus, most of them give you life back when you shake them.

HUELEN10 mentioned a shop where you can upgrade things. Can you buy additional hearts?

Gino

Hey HUELEN10 are you still posting that video? If you can't find a place for it you might try Gamevee.com

The concept of Wario is to use the ennemies as items to progress, it's more a puzzle game than a skill based platform game. It wouldn't work very well if it was hard. I hope it's not too easy though, I wouldn't want to finish it in 2 days with no reason to come back :(

Shiggy

dk_ said:
I guess, it's seems very easy from what I've seen so far in gameplay vids. When you hit most of the enemies without doing an attack, they just bounce off from Wario's belly and you don't lose a heart. Plus, most of them give you life back when you shake them.

HUELEN10 mentioned a shop where you can upgrade things. Can you buy additional hearts?

I think we haven't seen the later levels ;)
There were enemies in WL4 that didn't do anything either.

RockmanWhore said:
The concept of Wario is to use the ennemies as items to progress, it's more a puzzle game than a skill based platform game.

That was how WL 2-4 played, but those elements have been near-absent from most of the released media and PR. They still seem to be in there to some extent (at least one shot showed burning Wario next to some blocks marked with a flame symbol), so I'd wait for more in-depth impressions.

Gino

I haven't played any Wario platforming games except for the treasure made GCN one but this game looks awesome. I can't get over how good the animation is.

Day one purchase for me.

Perdew

evilromero said:
THIS is what NEW New Super Mario should look like. I love how Wario has to pull himself up into the green pipes.

Yea! I love the detail in the animation. Him going down the pipes actually reminded me of this (thanks handofg0d):

runningrunning.gif

HUELEN10

Hi guys, I currently have recorded 2 hours of video. I am up to the 2nd boss, and I want to upload all this! Each vid is about half an hour, so I need a place to upload! I uploaded one at Veoh, but it says it is unable to laod.

http://www.veoh.com/videos/v15247270bMEhbaX7

Anyone know of a good place? I wanna how much this game kicks ass!

Top Bottom