• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wario Ware Smooth Moves... :/

When I played this game at Wii-3 in NYC I was pretty impressed, but I can see where your coming from and I fear that I may share your opinion on it when the final product is released here.

Eh... I was really looking forward to this. Oh well, It still remains on my buy-list for now.

AniHawk said:
I knew this game wasn't going to be very good. My first hint was that it had "Wario Ware" in the title.

Would you like it better if it had a minigame based on the magic drawing of Final Fantasy 8?

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
AniHawk said:
If you were funny, you wouldn't have to laugh at your own jokes.

oh man, i say this to myself like everyday when i'm makin jokes or writing something funny.

it sort of haunts me...cause i don't even know if it should be true or not.

MrPonx

WarioWare/Mario Party games all depend on the crowd you're playing the game with...

it has nothing to do with the game lol

swerve

Been playing it for a large part of the day today, and sure - it's closer to touched than any of the 'real' Made In Warios (tengoku, made in wario, and twisted are the internals, the others are Intelligent Systems, no), but it's way more inventive than I was expecting and raises huge laughs, as well as providing genuine challenge.

Wario Ware games have never been long to 'complete', but to ace every stage, and getting into high-score battles with friends, is where they really shine. And this is no exception. Easily the best non-zelda launch title in Japan that I've tried - although Wii Play's air-hockey is certainly rivalling it in the joy stakes.

reminder

Wario fails

wwsm.gif

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I'm enjoying Odoru Made In Wario a lot right now, so I can't say I agree with sp0rsk. It's been putting a big grin on my face at times; I think it's definitely better than Sawaru (Touched) was. :)

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I love how this game keeps introducing different ways to hold the controller. It's a lot of fun! I am grinning from ear to ear on some of these mini games...that hasn't happened since the original!

Kafel said:
Touched isn't meh.

But it wasn't EH!!!!! either. It wasn't bad, but wasn't great.

2DMention

Banned
Why so much hate for Touched? While it was shallow and easy, it was incredible fun.

Waiting eagerly for the US version of Smooth moves.

AntMurda

Been playing it for a large part of the day today, and sure - it's closer to touched than any of the 'real' Made In Warios (tengoku, made in wario, and twisted are the internals, the others are Intelligent Systems, no)

Intelligent Systems co-developed a few of them, co-develop is the key word because if you check out the credits the main staff is still Mr. Sakamato's Nintendo team.

Luigison

I don't understand why so many people didn't like Wario Ware GCN. It had all the great games of the GBA version with some cool multiplayer modes. I've heard complaints about the graphics, but I liked that they stayed the same. This is one off the few games my wife and I played a lot. My brothers also loved. I think they used it as a drinking game though.

Why the meh for Touched? I know it was easy, but it's what taught me how to play on the DS.

Playing Smooth Moves at E3 was pretty cool.

Touched...from what I remembe was developed by Intellegent Systems.

At least, Twisted must've been from the original Wario Ware folks, and I have a feeling Smooth Moves is Intellegent Systems' efforts. They're not bad, but they leave a lot to be desired...

Actually, Intelligent Systems have done both Touched and Twisted and are doing Smooth Moves now. They co developed them alongside Sakimoto's team.

Check the title screen of Twisted and you'll see for yourself.

Oh and just for the record, Touched is brilliant, but not as good as Twisted or the original (Though the full games are much better than the ones in the original, it just doesn't compare to Twisted)

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
Nuclear Muffin said:
Actually, Intelligent Systems have done both Touched and Twisted and are doing Smooth Moves now. They co developed them alongside Sakimoto's team.

Check the title screen of Twisted and you'll see for yourself.

Oh and just for the record, Touched is brilliant, but not as good as Twisted or the original (Though the full games are much better than the ones in the original, it just doesn't compare to Twisted)

I don't think it's that simple. Game Developer had a long interview with the team after Touched came out, and it was primarily the people who did Twisted and the first entry. Perhaps I.S. gave team members or some other form of support. Even in the interview they talk about Touched being rushed. The difference is so staggering, I'm surprised more people here don't notice it. I guess I just really like the quality ones.

jgkspsx

I was expecting another Touched-style disappointment. Guess I'll pick this up if it ever gets cheap.

Bitter irony: Twisted! is available everywhere, at deep discounts (i.e. am bomb total). Touched! is hard to find and apparently sold very well. Quality loses.

john tv

I would just like to chime in and say that I (very respectfully) disagree with sp0rks on this one. I'm really enjoying Odoru -- it's much, MUCH better than Touched! IMO and closer to Twisted! in terms of overall quality. It may not have as much content, but it's definitely got a great variety of fun and interesting games, which is something Touched! lacked. I hardly ever laughed out loud playing Touched!, whereas I've been cracking up all day with Odoru. The one where you pick up the Wii Remote like a phone
and some chick starts talking into your ear
is totally hilarious! I had to pause the game to catch my breath. :)

EDIT: Just noticed Jeremy put up a very informative preview over at 1UP, for those interested: http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3155615

Captain N

john tv said:
I would just like to chime in and say that I (very respectfully) disagree with sp0rks on this one. I'm really enjoying Odoru -- it's much, MUCH better than Touched! IMO and closer to Twisted! in terms of overall quality. It may not have as much content, but it's definitely got a great variety of fun and interesting games, which is something Touched! lacked. I hardly ever laughed out loud playing Touched!, whereas I've been cracking up all day with Odoru. The one where you pick up the Wii Remote like a phone

EDIT: Just noticed Jeremy put up a very informative preview over at 1UP, for those interested: http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3155615

that sounds awesome..how many mini games in all would you say there are? or how many have you come across? also..one last thing would be..how many new games?

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
john tv said:

That microgame is definitely my favorite. There just aren't enough oki games! I got to play multiplayer last night and of course to no surprise it was rather fun, especially the one where you and a partner have to jump together. I still think the mini games aren't as good as the ones that were in twisted. The single player is definitely better than touched, but still no where near the quality of twisted when it comes to bosses and extras.

davepoobond said:
oh man, i say this to myself like everyday when i'm makin jokes or writing something funny.

it sort of haunts me...cause i don't even know if it should be true or not.

If you don't find yourself funny, who the **** else will?

Teasel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XigqLohg_QM&eurl=
9 Minute long video of the nintendo stage, for the lazy who want to know what's new compared to the old one
Wario Land,Wario Ware Twisted (i knew it!),Brain Training,Clu Clu land in 3D,Weird Duck Hunt Stage,a game where you insert a nes cartridge,nintendo music with Kid Icarus theme,starfox stage in the space

Miguga64

I think Wario Ware GC is a great game, with all my pals we play many hours... I expect the same from Smooth Moves... And now the internet is full of Mini-game haters.

I've been playing the game now for about 2 days and I love it. It has a better appeal than touch does and it definitely is just all laughs. XD The minigames are really cool so far, and btw, the music for the ping pong/arkanoid game is really awesome. It sounds so familiar though. Anybody who's played that part know where that music is from?

The only thing so far that disappointed me was that Ashley's song from Touched wasn't there. =(

We should make a list of the posters who didn't like Touched so I know whose opinions to disregard.

Easily as good as Twisted, if not better.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
BobJustBob said:
We should make a list of the posters who didn't like Touched so I know whose opinions to disregard.

Easily as good as Twisted, if not better.

Put me on the list! The fact that you utter this heresy clears you up for me too. Laughable.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
You can say the GC version was fun in multi all you want, but you have to admit it was half a game. I'm not saying the GC version was fun, I'm just saying it was half assed, same for touched.

Fady K

Oh no! I was reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally looking forward to this. It was Zelda and Warioware for me. I blame myself for being hyped by the famitsu score :(

mutsu

Mixed reactions. Just what I need.

I got the game anyway though, and it's coming tomorrow, so we'll see.

Top Bottom