• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warning: Bumblebees are now endangered

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Until the administration decides its a liberal hoax because "I've seen plenty of bees" and defunds any organization that claims otherwise.

*holds up bottle of honey*

"Checkmate, scientists."

Nikodemos

We have a lot of carpenter bees where I am, which most people would think was a bumblebee if they saw it as they have the same fuzzy fur just in a different part of the body.
I don't see how anybody could confuse the gunmetal blue of carpenter bees with the black/yellow/white of bumblebees.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Do I have a Simpsons .gif for this... let me see...

The-Simpsons-Season-20-Episode-8-2-01b4.jpg

1010609.gif

Your thread title is misleading. It is only one subspecies that was marked endangered. And it is not the first subspecies to have ever been endangered. People who read that title are going to think all bumblebees are endangered.

Especially funny when the article itself calls out 20,000 species of bees that exist. Basically nothing and bees are OK and doing better now than they have been in the last 25 years

Trump has already made a statement regarding this:

"I don't like Bs. C's and D's are much, much better. Preferably D's, believe me. I told Ivanka how lucky she is, Jared too. I know it's not politically correct, alright. But they're great, can I say that? Ok, I did.

Wait.... "Bs" or "beads"?

qcf x2

What an awful thread title, are people just going to post shock value headlines from now on or what?

Anyway, bees are some of the most awesome creatures on Earth. They get a bad rep because of wasps/hornets, but bees are typically docile. You can sit on a patch of grass as they buzz around you pollinating flowers like the public servants that they are and they won't bother you at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom