• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warning, PS+ members: Persona 4 Arena Ultimax has major Persona 3 & 4 spoilers

Korigama

• (P4)
    Naoto's gender
  • (P3)
    ROBOTS o_O
I would say that neither of these count as spoilers, least of all the second.
Does it explain why
Yukari turns into a huge bitch in FES, tho.

Because I couldn't fucking stand
her
in there, enjoyed
beating the hell out of her during the fights with your party, while I felt bad fighting the rest of the cast. :(
Jealousy over Aigis getting to be the last person with Makoto before he died, as well as being the one to inherit his power of the Wild Card.

Cool thanks for the heads up. P4 is the next game on my list to play on my Vita, so I'll likely just flag PA:AU to my account and come back to it after I've finished up P4.

Make sure you don't pass up on P3:FES one of the best RPG on the PS2.

I know it's P4 Arena but it feels more like a sequel to P3 as far as the plot goes.

IzzyF3

I've been meaning to finish P3 Fes before the Arena games came out. At this point, I'm just waiting for P5 since I don't want to burn myself out on Persona. Looks like I'll be playing P5, P3, P4A, and P4AU in that order. Not enough hours in the day.

Aru

Is it worth it to jump directly into P4UA without having played the P4A though? Or should I wait for the P4A story DLC to go on sale?

Andrefpvs

A sequel mentions the previous game? who would have fucking thought!

Alright, let me explain something before anyone else drops by drooling half-assed sarcasm.

This is a PS+ game this month. People who download PS+ games are less likely to know what they are about to play than people who researched and willingly purchased a game. It's not that ridiculous to think that someone who is playing or wants to play a Persona game will boot up this game just to try it out only to be spoiled by the character selection screen.

But fuck me for giving a heads-up to this small subset of people, huh?

Is it worth it to jump directly into P4UA without having played the P4A though? Or should I wait for the P4A story DLC to go on sale?

The story in P4AU assumes knowledge of what happened in P4A. I'd say the DLC's current price is fair, especially if you're getting P4AU as a PS+ game.

I've been meaning to finish P3 Fes before the Arena games came out. At this point, I'm just waiting for P5 since I don't want to burn myself out on Persona. Looks like I'll be playing P5, P3, P4A, and P4AU in that order. Not enough hours in the day.

That sounds like a good plan. Since we're this close to P5 (hopefully, lol), it's best to not go in burned out on the series.

Zyrox

I just wanted to come in here to say that this is a good thread. It's not really that obvious for uninformed outsiders that the Arena games full on spoil P4 AND P3.
Heck even I (P3 MASSIVE SPOILERS)
was kinda spoiled back in the day when I saw the og arena roster before playing P3 and noticed P3MC's suspicious absence. It was not a full on spoiler, of course, but it was enough of a hint to make me think that something was gonna happen to the P3MC.
So this is a nice heads up for people wanting to get into the series. Thumbs up, Andre.

Andrefpvs

I just wanted to come in here to say that this is a good thread. It's not really that obvious for uninformed outsiders that the Arena games full on spoil P4 AND P3.
Heck even I (P3 MASSIVE SPOILERS)
was kinda spoiled back in the day when I saw the og arena roster before playing P3 and noticed P3MC's suspicious absence. It was not a full on spoiler, of course, but it was enough of a hint to make me think that something was gonna happen to the P3MC.
So this is a nice heads up for people wanting to get into the series. Thumbs up, Andre.

Thank you, Zyrox, that's very nice of you :)

Really? You never asked yourself at some point early on
"why does this supposedly male but very effeminate looking character have a female voice?"
I'm sure the vast majority of people playing the game copped on quickly.
Probably because it happens fairly often in animation to make the character sound youthful

DR2K

Banned
You should have already played both and shame on you if you haven't. Even when spoiled they're both still good games you should play.

Gravidee

With the way that each character seems to have their own variation of the story, I feel like the Arena games would benefit from having those animated movies. Maybe it'll happen after they're done with P3.

Andrefpvs

With the way that each character seems to have their own variation of the story, I feel like the Arena games would benefit from having those animated movies. Maybe it'll happen after they're done with P3.

That would actually be great. A condensed animated version of the Arena storyline with proper pacing would be worth watching.

FluxWaveZ

The official manga adaptations of Persona 4 Arena and Persona 4 Arena Ultimax are better than the stories in the games.

Curufinwe

Does it explain why
Yukari turns into a huge bitch in FES, tho.

Because I couldn't fucking stand
her
in there, enjoyed
beating the hell out of her during the fights with your party, while I felt bad fighting the rest of the cast. :(

She was always kind of a bitch, though. It just got amplified by the things that happened.

Hazmat

A sequel mentions the previous game? who would have fucking thought!

I had no idea that this game spoiled P3 and P4. Granted, I've played them both and that's the only reason why I'm interested in this, but I thought it was just a character brawler. I mean, Smash 4 doesn't spoil Skyward Sword, right?

That Naoto "spoiler" lol. Come on. It's obvious the moment you lay eyes on him.

Real talk, I had no idea at first.
I thought she was an effeminate guy with a high pitched voice, just like the game wanted you to think. That's not exactly an uncommon anime trope, so I totally bought it.

Is the game good tho?

Good as a fighting game, story mode is hot garbage and should be avoided.

Op thanks for the heads up, haven't played P3 yet. About the P4 spoiler discussion I knew the first bullet point instantly but the second one surprised me. Can never tell in Japan haha

Top Bottom