• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Was Capcom the Best Publisher of This Gen?

Capcom did a lot of great, albeit very safe stuff. We have to keep in mind that Capcom lost direction not that long ago, was in dire financial problems, and they tried to save themselves by doing some very questionable things. It is kind of a miracle they are still around, and even though this is not the Capcom I grew up with, or have the highest respects for, the brand redeemed some of the respect and trust people once had with some great releases. However, the way they treat their (especially PAL) Nintendo Switch audience is questionable when it comes to physical releases.

Last edited:
Lets be honest here youre still upset Street Fighter V didnt make it to Xbox One

It's amazing how you trolls keep labeling me an Xbox or Sony fan based on the situation, weren't you defending me in the Crash thread?

Most of the older users in this thread were in other threads crashing capcom here or on other forums from 2013-2016 that's a fact, Capcom was considered one of the worst developers in the world and now because they had a marginally better end they are one of the best? Eh.....

Remember all those posts about how they would never buy a Mega Man game again because they cancelled 3 mediocre Mega Man games that wouldn't sell?

Also why would anyone defend SFV? Not even the most die hard Sony fan was defending that game within the first couple years until they broke their promised and released the 2nd version.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Nah. Some good stuff but it took them most of this generation or realize they have to actually invest in their IP and try new things. Eventually, they got there with some awesome stuff but they have had a lot of duds and still haven't learnt from some of their mistakes. Monitization is still so fucked with capcom

Top Bottom