• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Was Donald Trump Really Against the Iraq War? (The Atlantic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Donald-Trump-in-Home-Alone-2-20th-Century-Fox-640x480.jpg

He's a business man and entertainer. He would have never been associated with major political issues until recently.

Renji_11

I watched Spymasters documentary on Showtime recently and the CIA was literally begging the Bush administration to listen to the intel they had on Bin Laden. They finally had a sit down sometime in the Summer and they ignored there recommendations. There is no way Gore would of let 9/11 happen.

Tom_Cody

A bit part player in a home alone movie is your idea of someone the media would be asking about their opinion on the war in Iraq? Or did I miss understand your point?
He's a business man and entertainer. He would have never been associated with major political issues until recently.
He ran for president for the first time in 2000.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Trump_presidential_campaign,_2000

mmu1iJQ.png

That doesn't mean that he necessarily would have been asked about it, but you are wrong that he wasn't a politically active public figure at that time.

I mean even now 90% of Republicans and none of the other candidates would admit it was a mistake so even if he said it for the first time yesterday it would still show more sense than the rest of the party

He ran for president for the first time in 2000.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Trump_presidential_campaign,_2000

mmu1iJQ.png

That doesn't mean that he necessarily would have been asked about it, but you are wrong that he wasn't a politically active public figure at that time.

Ah fair enough. But even with that, yeah, I don't think anyone took it seriously. And certainly not to the point of asking about his opinion of the war. Everyone was obsessed with his entertainment side at that point and the notion of him getting many words edgewise in on politics were pretty nonexistent.

Either way, it appears he certainly was against it before a large number of people were in Washington if some of those dates posted in here checks out.

Joni

"If they keep fighting it the way they did today, they're going to have a real problem." - Donald Trump, March 25, 2003. A week after the war started.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/pb/a...44c4-ab7b-dcd6fbda5437/?resType=accessibility
It is a footnote in an article. We haven't heard his pre-2004 statements because by all accounts, he didn't matter between 2000 and 2004 where The Apprentice launched. Even his Trump 2000 campaign was a way to get attention that didn't succeed.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Donald Trump has been in the spotlight since the early 90s.

He's been in the spotlight longer than that (I can remember him being on the tabloid shows in the mid 80s)...but he wasn't the type of person folks would ask about this sort of thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom