• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Washington Post: Secret meeting held to establish Trump-Putin back channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaDump

Gold Member
im so angry reading this that i am borderline shaking. this is no time to be divided. we need to be united.

tell everyone you know about this article, our democracy depends on you.

Buckle

I'm never going to be able to finally watch House of Cards without constantly laughing and saying "is that all you got?" now.

Guy.brush

The news on this administration has pretty much made all forms of fiction redundant.

It is like crack for me at this point. Every day there is a new sniff of the oh so juicy glue that holds together Trump's quickly unraveling fake gold painted house of cards.
HxwBmQd.gif

It is like the FBI got jealous of the CIA's Oscar for ARGO and are now (de)constructing the biggest conspiratorial political soap thriller of all time.
Everyday is popcorn day. Everything burns.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I always wonder if Trump regrets running. Like does he sit there knowing the end is near? Or is he still in his delusional fantasy land?

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I remember when the TV show 24 seemed too absurd to take seriously. Now it's actually happening.

tuxfool

Banned
In a July interview with Bannon, Prince said those seeking forceful U.S. leadership should ”wait till January and hope Mr. Trump is elected." And he lashed out at President Barack Obama, saying that because of his policies ”the terrorists, the fascists, are winning."

uhuh.

Acorn

This would make a great movie someday
If you pitched all this shit 2 years ago nobody would make it, due to being too unrealistic.

That isn't even hyperbole, we're not even 100 days in and there are more subplots than all the presidents men.

ICO_SotC

Eric Prince sold Blackwater years ago. Since then, he's supposedly been in China trying to set up a version of Blackwater there.

From that artice;

Just four days before the election, Prince gave an interview to Breitbart radio, part of the media empire that Bannon used to run, in which Prince pushed an unfounded theory that the NYPD had been about to announce arrest warrants in the Clinton investigation but was blocked by the Justice Department, and that Hillary Clinton had been to a “sex island” with a convicted pedophile “at least six times.” Prince’s bizarre claims were prominently displayed on Breitbart’s website leading up to the election and were widely distributed on right wing websites.

Azuran

Banned
FYI, the alleged server that was communicating with Trump Tower to Russia was being conducted by Spectrum Health, located in Grand Rapids.

Guess who's chairman of the board for Spectrum? Dick Devos, Betsy's husband.
Guess which city Trump visited the most on his campaign trail? Grand Rapids.

http://www.salon.com/2017/03/10/tru...-a-russian-bank-continues-to-be-investigated/

Oh my god, these guys are freaking idiots. I'm amazed at how bad these people are at covering their tracks.

Guy.brush

I always wonder if Trump regrets running. Like does he sit there knowing the end is near? Or is he still in his delusional fantasy land?

My guess would be that he must have had reservations initially because of the decades of leading a life full of shady (business) practices, but probably got convinced by his circle that they would quickly gain control over any narrative and shut it down. If you look at Putinland, they are doing it quite sucessfully over there for over 15 years now.
The prospect of being able to erase all the outstanding debt with Deutsche Bank and others from past shady dealings and becoming a "real" billionaire probably erased the last bit of doubt that his overinflated ego hadn't brushed aside yet.

KHarvey16

It's funny that without this presidency Trump would have gone along being rich and doing whatever he wanted for the rest of his life, and the general public would remember him as a successful, hard negotiating New York real estate tycoon who also hosted entertaining business themed game shows. Of course that still wouldn't really be true, but most wouldn't care enough to disillusion themselves and that would be the narrative.

But so much for that now. His legacy is a complete joke. There's no possible way this gets turned around and I think he lays his head down at night knowing that.

Des0lar

will learn eventually
I wonder what it's like to be a co-conspirator in something like this and then start seeing news about very specific events like this going public.

Ac30

where are the "this is nothing" guys?

Well until we can prove that the Blackwater dude was *actually* working for Trump this could just be him being his usual dickhead self. Connections are pretty apparent, though, especially with the server.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
NBC News is supporting part of the Post's report:
Blackwater founder Erik Prince represented Donald Trump at a secret overseas meeting convened by the United Arab Emirates in early January, two intelligence sources familiar with the matter told NBC News.

The meeting was first reported by the Washington Post, which said that Prince met with an unnamed Russian emissary close to Vladimir Putin. The Post said the meeting was an effort to convince Russia to stop backing Iran.

One U.S. intelligence official NBC News confirmed the Post's account, saying the meeting was with a Russian envoy. A second source said he believed the meeting was not about Russia. That source, a former intelligence official with close ties to Prince and the UAE, said the subject of the meeting was Middle East policy, to cover Yemen, Syria, Iraq and Iran.

Dartastic

Once I found out the she was Prince's sister, I knew Devos's position was some kind of reward for something Prince did. It's so obvious.
It's a direct link to Trump, IMO. It implies knowledge of what Prince was doing, especially when you look at her credentials for the position which are non-existent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom