• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch Dogs Wii U NEW for $19.99 until the 20th at Gamestop (in-store US)

For those
select few
of you who were holding out for a price drop on the Wii U version, I just got back from my local Gamestop in Chicago (pre-ordering Shulk amiibo, naturally) and they are trying to get rid of their Watch Dogs Wii U stock. $19.99 new until the 20th of December.

Can someone else confirm this isn't just my store? The associate seemed to imply other stores were doing it. Not available online, unfortunately.

Southern CA here.

No
Thanks for checking! Maybe a mod would be able to adjust the title if it's just a special case.

Would it even be worth it considering it's worse than the PS3 version?
No screen tearing and some slightly better effects. But I don't know anyone who would buy the game for great performance. It's more than playable from impressions I've read. But every version is gimped compared to the initial teaser. I'll be getting it eventually to play on the Gamepad and mess around in a hyper-condensed Chicago.

Thanks for checking! Maybe a mod would be able to adjust the title if it's just a special case.

No screen tearing and some slightly better effects. But I don't know anyone who would buy the game for great performance. It's more than playable from impressions I've read. But every version is gimped compared to the initial teaser. I'll be getting it eventually to play on the Gamepad and mess around in a hyper-condensed Chicago.

The PC version can be ungimped

Just called my local store and they had it in stock for $59.99. Must have been a limited deal in your region or a pricing error.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
From what I've heard from actual people it's really not but this one site that everyone worships for some reason says it kinda is.

Can you blame us for taking the word from a site along with a video comparison/analysis over actual people? Especially during that time when Mordor released and a bunch of people were saying it felt like 60fps and it was later revealed that it wasn't?

Just saying

The PC version can be ungimped
6KAxgfdBLzzqM.gif

Damn, $19.99? They're not selling well at all. To be honest, the game is not impressive at all and the WiiU just recently released 2 GOTY games. No way people will buy watch dogs over Bayonetta 2 and Smash Bros.

Ubisoft should've delayed it til next year and added cool features for the gamepad and stuff, like Batman Arkham City Armored edition.

Damn, $19.99? They're not selling well at all. To be honest, the game is not impressive at all and the WiiU just recently released 2 GOTY games. No way people will buy watch dogs over Bayonetta 2 and Smash Bros.

Ubisoft should've delayed it til next year and added cool features for the gamepad and stuff, like Batman Arkham City Armored edition.

What's the point? New features or not, it's abundantly clear that Wii U owners don't give a shit about hardcore third-party games.

Not when they are like 7 months old.

Pretty sure the sales of basically every third-party hardcore type game sold poorly, regardless of release timing. Black Flag, Splinter Cell, Mass Effect 3, COD Ghosts for example.

I honestly think what did the Wii U in in this regard is the system just being underpowered and not even being able to put out decent 3rd party ports at launch, when they should have easily blown 360/PS3 away 7 years after those systems launched. Even if ports like Black Flag were superior, most people probably still had the bad launch impressions in the back of their mind, or didn't know.

Regarding Watch Dogs though, if Wii U is your only option, I'd say go for it. It's a damn fun game with a ton to do. I actually really like the Splinter Cell Conviction style stealth and hacking abilities a lot. Not much to lose at $20, unless the framerate really is that bad.

For those
select few
of you who were holding out for a price drop on the Wii U version, I just got back from my local Gamestop in Chicago (pre-ordering Shulk amiibo, naturally) and they are trying to get rid of their Watch Dogs Wii U stock. $19.99 new until the 20th of December.

Can someone else confirm this isn't just my store? The associate seemed to imply other stores were doing it. Not available online, unfortunately.

Just curious, which Chicago store, please?

antibolo

Banned
So did they actually do anything interesting with the GamePad or is it just a dumb map or something?

I still remember when the game was first revealed, people were all like "the Wii U version will be the definitive one due to all the cool stuff they can do with the GamePad that would make sense within the hacking context of this game". But of course that was too much to ask from Ubisoft.

Top Bottom