• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch Playstation's E3 conference in movie theaters

I think I'll register. The VA Beach one is in a good spot, I just have no idea if their conference is morning or evening. MS's is morning and I know Sony goes after them, so if it's evening I definitely can't go. Even morning might be pushy...I wish it were on a Saturday then there's be no problem.

...That's if there's anymore seats available. Gonna check the site in a few.

I think I'll register. The VA Beach one is in a good spot, I just have no idea if their conference is morning or evening. MS's is morning and I know Sony goes after them, so if it's evening I definitely can't go. Even morning might be pushy...I wish it were on a Saturday then there's be no problem.

You're in VA? Sony's conference is 9PM eastern. You're SOL man

Ishan

think sony is 9pm pdt so will be mignight eastern

Go_Ly_Dow

Gafs reaction when Beasts has been unveiled..

Sobeautiful.gif

more like

image.php

oti

Banned
Great, so what theaters in Hamburg Germany are streaming the conference?

Oh wait, the conference is at 3 AM anyways.

Would still go because E3 hype is the reason I was born

I see. It's easiest to take BART depending where you are coming from. Parking lot in front of Bloomingdales is cheap during those hours. Wasn't this the area used during ps3 launch party ? It soldout so I'm not going, was wondering how many gaffers are going. :). Keep me posted, about how it was if you do go

Well I'm not sure how these tickets work but I'm pretty sure my brother won't be flying down from Seattle for this so I have an extra haha if anyone wants to help me out or make a BART schedule/map to get me from el cerrito plaza station and back they can be my +1

Mix

Singed up for the Theatre in San Antonio!

Texas/Austin/San Antonio/
I live in New Braunfels
GAF unite!

Sony is laser focused this time around.

They better be because they're raising expectations quite a bit with this. The hype video shows nothing but PS4 games and specifically mentions "See new PS4 game reveals on the big screen". People aren't going there to hear them talk about how well the PS4 is selling or any of their other usual filler talk. I think most expect them to give a sales update on the PS4 if it's hit 8m, but they don't need to go on and on about it. Nintendo's Direct last year was ntohing but game after game. MS is hyping that they're going to do the same with their conference. That's what people are going to want from Sony's as well.

farmerboy

Almost 20K impressions lost for Malka just for that period, wow.

Sony is coming after GAF's pockets.

Thanks.

So 43 venues at what, say, 3,4 or 5 hundred average capacity. I'm gonna go with 500 assuming theatres in the US are bigger on average (aussie here).
If all sold out thats 20000 people. I think you all better keep your expectations on the swag in check, cos thats a lot of people to give free stuff to, even if its 15000 or 10000.

Still, you get maybe 20000 people going away thinking they were part of something, then you create enormous goodwill. This could be another genius move by Sony, lets hope they bring it.

would be funny x :/ x smh if some people sneak to a movie playing instead of going to the theater for sony, since its free i could see it happen, or if they get bored

hmmmm

Thanks.

So 43 venues at what, say, 3,4 or 5 hundred average capacity. I'm gonna go with 500 assuming theatres in the US are bigger on average (aussie here).
If all sold out thats 20000 people. I think you all better keep your expectations on the swag in check, cos thats a lot of people to give free stuff to, even if its 15000 or 10000.

Still, you get maybe 20000 people going away thinking they were part of something, then you create enormous goodwill. This could be another genius move by Sony, lets hope they bring it.

Oh god I don't wanna buy that guy again D:
Theaters in the US are usually like 2-300.

Any word on what kind of video they will be showing? I'm hoping they get a broadcast quality stream with no lag and not some 720p Ustream buffering.

I just hope the camera man is back from last year. Also what's the new imagine dragons song!? Can we play that at every confrence please?

K thanks

Thanks.

43 venues with 4 Morpheus demo kiosks each is only 172 units...

Damn, there's already a waiting list for the Houston IMAX. Refreshing Gaf is probably more fun. Also, I imagine it would smell really bad in that theater.

RE_Player

Whoever else is confirmed for the Toronto one and wants to hang out with some fellow gaf users lets set up a meet up. We should be somewhat prepared to act like total idiots :p

Should I or someone else setup a google doc with info?

Damn, there's already a waiting list for the Houston IMAX. Refreshing Gaf is probably more fun. Also, I imagine it would smell really bad in that theater.

This is like the 10th time I've read that. I don't get it. I've been to con's and stuff any everyone was always pretty well groomed.

Top Bottom