• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch Playstation's E3 conference in movie theaters

border

Would anyone happen to have a spare ticket for Jacksonville, FL?

Looks like I missed out on getting seats, but at the very least I made the Wait List.

Kelpie

I'm on the wait list for the Lynnhaven AMC in Virginia Beach. I wish there was a way to see how many are signed up so I can know if I have a real chance of getting in.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I have 1 ticket for myself and I don't give a f*ck if no one comes with me. It would be nice to have some friends who enjoyed watching the press conference (I've tried already to get some). I'm going to make the best out of it.

NastyBook

Just signed me and my buddy up! ATL lets do this!
Watching a press conference late at night with a bunch of other people in a theater doesn't really sound appealing, but I signed up for the ATL one just in case the gifts are cool. :p
Sign'd up. ATL.
Sign me up for Atlanta.
Going to the Atlanta theater just to say I did.
Shit. In that case, signing up for the one in Atlanta.
Atlanta spot is 15 minutes away, so why the heck not. Booked.
Nice job coming out of the woodwork and taking all the tickets, guys.
*joins the waiting list*

Represent, ATL-GAF.

Hugstable

Banned
Anyone else planning to go to the showing in San Fransisco? I just saw it wasn't a ticket a ordered, but a spot on a waiting list. I have a lot of free time that week and was thinking about going just because it sounds awesome to watch Sony E3 in a Theater setting.

iosefe

To all MiamiGAF with Vitas, i wrote on the thing i'll be bringing mine with PSASBR, MHFU and Spelunky for sure. you should too

BY2K

Membero Americo
Well, I don't know what happened, but I sent my request for a ticket in the first hour of this being announced and I haven't received my confirmation email, so looks like I'm not going. Even the waiting list is sold out in Montreal.

I'll watch at home eating a pizza and watching Twitter/GAF.

Dunbar

As far as the gift, I wonder if they'd give you a little card with a code on it that activated an achievement on PS4 saying you'd attended the theatre show? That or maybe some PSN credit or a small free game.

Chicago is sold out. Not sure I would want to do this in a theater, I usually do the GAF Tinychat thing and a Skype call with Gaffers... but where are all these Chicago GAF people coming from? Would love to do a meet up and anytime we've tried no one ever attends besides the normal Chicago GAF group that always gets together.

A lot of people are weirded out and potentially embarrassed by the prospect of a lot of Gaffers/Redditors etc showing up to events like these.

They're people too guys! Behind all the silly memes and gifs and internet trolling, most people are reasonable and pleasant to be around. When I went to a Video Games Live concert I loved being around people who share the hobby. Or at any concert, you can open a conversation just by talking about your favourite songs and albums. That's what makes these live events so great. You all get to come to a place where everyone around you is there for the same purpose.

A lot of people are weirded out and potentially embarrassed by the prospect of a lot of Gaffers/Redditors etc showing up to events like these.

They're people too guys! Behind all the silly memes and gifs and internet trolling, most people are reasonable and pleasant to be around. When I went to a Video Games Live concert I loved being around people who share the hobby. Or at any concert, you can open a conversation just by talking about your favourite songs and albums. That's what makes these live events so great. You all get to come to a place where everyone around you is there for the same purpose.

I've had the same experiences at con's as well. People are genuinely having fun and nobody is looking down on anyone else. It's just a huge party.

Unfortunalty that same "nerd" respect doesn't seem to cross into the videogame world very often, don't get me wrong it does for some people but "gamers" can be a little harsh. Especially on pepple that share their hobby.

These should all be pretty much Sony people at this thing though.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Come on Virginia Beach people! No need to be shy! We already got a group of 4 coming out so join us for some food and fun before we watch the show!

FluxWaveZ

So are we expecting something huge at E3 because they are doing this?

Or this just a thing?

Well, it'd be hard to imagine them doing something like this if they weren't confident in what they had to show during their conference, at least. Then again, it's hardly a guarantee of a great conference.

Cubed

Annoyed.

I registered for two seats, one for me and one for my gf, and I needed to use the same email address for both of us. I received two emails confirming my registration and guaranteeing my seats, but both emails/tickets have just my girlfriend's name on them.

Since you need to have a valid ID matching the name on the ticket, I'm screwed. I was thinking of just just printing both and doctoring one to say my name, as they both should have the same confirmation #, but I'd hate for the number not to match my name, or something like that, and make my trip from Baltimore to Philly completely worthless.

Hyunashi

It would be embarrassing if they went this far for their E3 conference and didn't have megatons a-plenty.

Well what may be a megaton for one, might be crap for others.
Like say Fallout 4 is the only major megaton for Sony, I would be annoyed but others would obviously go nuts.

Ghazi

Annoyed.

I registered for two seats, one for me and one for my gf, and I needed to use the same email address for both of us. I received two emails confirming my registration and guaranteeing my seats, but both emails/tickets have just my girlfriend's name on them.

Since you need to have a valid ID matching the name on the ticket, I'm screwed. I was thinking of just just printing both and doctoring one to say my name, as they both should have the same confirmation #, but I'd hate for the number not to match my name, or something like that, and make my trip from Baltimore to Philly completely worthless.

Email the support email about it, if you're so worried:

e3experience@playstation.sony.com

One of my besties and I are doing it. Has anyone done one of these before? Is it like normal movie etiquette where you can't talk? Or would it be cool to talk and cheer?

Top Bottom