• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

We have now gone from "No Collusion!" to "Even if there was collusion its not a big deal!"

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion

So we have gone from "I NEVER DID ANYTHING WRONG" to "WELL EVEN IF I DID ITS NOT ILLEGAL!!" (Even though thats not actually true lol)

Either Trump and his team know that Mueller got his hands on something and are feeling the heat or this is just their newest "strategy". Either way it is rather funny to see the change in tone suddenly from Giuliani and Trump on the subject. Something has happened somewhere to make them very nervous. Curious to see if a story will be breaking sometime this week.

Also if Collusion isn't a crime and its no big deal why does he accuse Hillary and the Dems of doing it? lol

Last edited:
I am sure conservatives would try to argue that his presidency has been a net positive for their cause even if he did shoot somebody in fifth avenue. Would even remember him fondly like they do with Nixon. Pathetic really. But it is their last bet.

Last edited:

JCK75

People have been pointing out since the very beginning that Collusion is not a crime, If people on TV kept bringing up that you cut the tags off your mattresses and you refute that claim, eventually you are going to say "Even if I did you are aware it's not actually illegal for me to cut the tag off my mattresses right?"
AWWWW SEE HE IS GUILTY!!!!

There is no evidence of collusion, while we may agree Trump is a loud mouthed twit who is unfit to be president, your inability to understand why Hillary lost is why we are going to have to put up with him for six more years.

Harksteed

Banned
People have been pointing out since the very beginning that Collusion is not a crime, If people on TV kept bringing up that you cut the tags off your mattresses and you refute that claim, eventually you are going to say "Even if I did you are aware it's not actually illegal for me to cut the tag off my mattresses right?"
AWWWW SEE HE IS GUILTY!!!!

There is no evidence of collusion, while we may agree Trump is a loud mouthed twit who is unfit to be president, your inability to understand why Hillary lost is why we are going to have to put up with him for six more years.
Guess we'll see when the Mueller investigation wraps up if there's conclusive evidence or not. So far it certain looks like there's a significant amount of smoke.
Also that's a solid 'this is why trump won' meme right there.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
People are willing to say and do anything to keep their people in power and not make themselves feel stupid. I feel like that's all this is. I don't think people truly believe the shit they even say anymore, they just don't want to be wrong.

"I voted for that guy, and if that guy gets kicked out of office I look like an idiot for voting for him, therefore I will ensure I scream loudly to try and ensure he stays put....I'd rather double down on my mistake than admit my own error".

This applies to both sides of the fence.

The beauty or terror of Trump is that he's so publicly vocal and blunt and irregular that people can't just shut up about it. For better or worse.

I love the idea of a hyper-public president like Trump... just not Trump himself.

Like Obama did weekly addresses on YouTube and all...but it was overly polished and didn't feel super real. I believed in what he said, but it didn't feel like a real human saying those things. If Obama was blasting Twitter in real-time with his thoughts and actions like Trump does, it'd have been a really cool way to see how our president thinks and acts.

Bryank75

Banned
Well if Hillary can destroy Libya and be responsible for almost a hundred thousand deaths including 2 seals and an Ambassador. Along with mishandling confidential information and destroying evidence etc etc.

I don’t think talking to a few Russians means much, we have already heard from the inquiry that any meddling had no effect on the actual outcome.

If the dems met Russian officials it would be labeled ‘diplomacy’ and forgotten about.

Harksteed

Banned
Well if Hillary can destroy Libya and be responsible for almost a hundred thousand deaths including 2 seals and an Ambassador. Along with mishandling confidential information and destroying evidence etc etc.

I don’t think talking to a few Russians means much, we have already heard from the inquiry that any meddling had no effect on the actual outcome.

If the dems met Russian officials it would be labeled ‘diplomacy’ and forgotten about.
Ah, the old What About Clinton Syndrome

RubxQub

People who went into this past election saying "Hillary is the shit!" or "Trump is a god!" are both wrong. There is no clearer indication of how poor people's ability is to separate their party affiliation and preferences from the actual candidates they're voting for.

If you said "Hillary is far from ideal because of X Y Z" or "Trump does a lot of stuff I'm worried about, but..." than there's hope.

If you just saw these two people and said "YEP! THEM 1000%!" than I'm not entirely sure how you can be looking at all the data and history we have at our fingertips. Both of them have done some insanely shady things and far from ideal candidates.

I think the "what about Clinton?!" people are trying to say "you forgave and ignored all these sins, why is it an issue that I'm forgiving or forgetting the sins of Trump?" and there is some point in there...but both sides of the fence are just ignoring the true problem: why are either of them forgiving or forgetting this stuff?

You can support who you want to support, but don't pretend their shit doesn't stink just cause you want them to either stay in office or win an election.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
I think folks are getting trolled, to be honest. We've seen a near-constant stream of "gotcha, Trump!"s and "what will he possibly do to wiggle out of this one?" since before he was even elected, yet here we are.

lil puff

Could Trump have found any worse counsel than Rudy G?

He has been seemingly batshit crazy over the last few years, I'm not sure he's helping his client most of the time.

guggnichso

Banned

Huh, Hillary was president of the United States?

Nobody_Important

I think folks are getting trolled, to be honest. We've seen a near-constant stream of "gotcha, Trump!"s and "what will he possibly do to wiggle out of this one?" since before he was even elected, yet here we are.

In most cases you would be right, but this is a tectonic shift in the way they have approached this situation. Their mantra this whole time has been "No collusion No collusion. We had nothing to do with the Russians at all" and now out of nowhere with seemingly no change in the investigation (that we know of) its now "Well we didn't do anything, but even if we did its not illegal so its not a big deal".

That to me says that something has happened behind the scenes that we the public don't know about yet. I don't know what that could be, but it seems rather strange to change their tune like they have out of nowhere like this. I am gonna be very interested to see if one of the usual suspects has a story that breaks sometime this week.

Harksteed

Banned
Could Trump have found any worse counsel than Rudy G?

He has been seemingly batshit crazy over the last few years, I'm not sure he's helping his client most of the time.
He's just out there to muddy the waters.
Media loves the crazy shit he says so they keep having him on.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
In most cases you would be right, but this is a tectonic shift in the way they have approached this situation. Their mantra this whole time has been "No collusion No collusion. We had nothing to do with the Russians at all" and now out of nowhere with seemingly no change in the investigation (that we know of) its now "Well we didn't do anything, but even if we did its not illegal so its not a big deal".

That to me says that something has happened behind the scenes that we the public don't know about yet. I don't know what that could be, but it seems rather strange to change their tune like they have out of nowhere like this. I am gonna be very interested to see if one of the usual suspects has a story that breaks sometime this week.
Okay, but we had this exact same rationale during the lead-up to President Trump's meeting with N. Korea, timeline as follows:

Trump says "we gonna meet with those N. Koreans". Media mostly mocks him and brushes it aside.
Trump makes genuine headway. Media wrings their hands and goes "but will it happen?"
N. Korea blusters about maybe not meeting.
Trump says "maybe we won't meet, then". Media melts down and wonders if Trump can handle the situation.
Within less than 24 hours, N. Korea publicly states "please! We will meet any time, any place".
Media shuffles their feet and returns to pointing fingers at Russia for the world's ills.

I mean, c'mon. I'm not saying this is the same situation. But it follows the exact pattern.

I'd argue the bait-and-switch for Supreme Justice appointment is another similar example. Media totally fell for it and spent all their time wringing their hands over the wrong appointee, which really hamstrung any genuine efforts to paint Trump's actual appointment in a bad light.

I suppose there is another side to it as well: if Trump is baiting his opponents to condemn collusion and then word comes out that some Democrat colluded, that'd be a pretty hard reversal to take.

Last edited:

BANGS

Banned
My tone has never changed since the beginning. If hackers dug up emails exposing Clinton's corruption, no matter what country they're from, they did us a community service...

lil puff

Okay, but we had this exact same rationale during the lead-up to President Trump's meeting with N. Korea, timeline as follows:

Trump says "we gonna meet with those N. Koreans". Media mostly mocks him and brushes it aside.
Trump makes genuine headway. Media wrings their hands and goes "but will it happen?"
N. Korea blusters about maybe not meeting.
Trump says "maybe we won't meet, then". Media melts down and wonders if Trump can handle the situation.
Within less than 24 hours, N. Korea publicly states "please! We will meet any time, any place".
Media shuffles their feet and returns to pointing fingers at Russia for the world's ills.

I mean, c'mon. I'm not saying this is the same situation. But it follows the exact pattern.

I'd argue the bait-and-switch for Supreme Justice appointment is another similar example. Media totally fell for it and spent all their time wringing their hands over the wrong appointee, which really hamstrung any genuine efforts to paint Trump's actual appointment in a bad light.

I suppose there is another side to it as well: if Trump is baiting his opponents to condemn collusion and then word comes out that some Democrat colluded, that'd be a pretty hard reversal to take.
To be fair, some media personalities and correspondents weren't necessarily doubting he would ever meet with them (NK), it was what if anything would come of it.

Whether he handled anything at face value remains to be seen.

Nobody_Important

To be perfectly honest I don't even care if he is impeached at this point. So long as his reputation is so damaged and disgraced that he can get nothing done for the rest of his term thanks to the Dems continuing to be obstructionists I would be 100% fine with that.

Especially considering that the Dems have a tremendous about of momentum going into the Mid-Terms. Even if they can't impeach him they can get back the numbers they need to blockade anything and everything Trump and the GOP try to pass. They can make sure their agenda dies on the block. Thats the next best thing in my opinion.

If you can't get rid of him just make it so that he can get nothing done.

Last edited:

Dude Abides

Banned
It’s too bad collusion has become the buzzword when the accurate term is conspiracy.

My tone has never changed since the beginning. If hackers dug up emails exposing Clinton's corruption, no matter what country they're from, they did us a community service...

Crimes are good if they help my team! The GOP in 2018, folks.

AfricanKing

Looks like crime is justified as long as you get your outcome , being okay with a foreign government hacking your political candidates is not a good thing

Baraka in the White House

2-Terms of Kombat

So what about the corruption of the guy who's, you know, actually President? If one pisses you off then surely the other must really infuriate you.

Nobody_Important

Okay so if Mueller exposes Trump's corruption then he is a hero as well right?

Right?

RubxQub

Looks like crime is justified as long as you get your outcome , being okay with a foreign government hacking your political candidates is not a good thing
I think the point he was making was that the public deserves to know this stuff, not so much that the methods and people responsible for getting it to us were righteous and justified in doing so.

I don't know if I'd use the word "hero" but rightfully airing and bringing to justice someone who broke the law or ultimately committed treason against their country is certainly a good thing.

There seems to be this "gotcha" game going on in threads where people in threads are trying to highlight hypocrisy and it's kind of just making everything feel lame.

Hillary and Trump are both dirty. Hillary gamed the Democratic Party, rigged campaign donations, deleted evidence, knowingly used personal email for professional purposes which jeopardized national security. Those things are just true, and doesn't even get into other things she's accused of. Trump is just Trump, his actions speak for himself. Whether what Hillary did is illegal or not or just unethical I don't care...she handles herself like she's above the system and runs the system and I loathe it.

You can agree or disagree with each of them wanted to get done or how they wanted to get it done...but the American people were essentially forced to pick between two pieces of shit. Maybe those pieces of shit wanted to get stuff done that you agreed with, but it wouldn't change that who they were/are are horrid examples of human beings.

Watching people bend over backwards to defend their respective candidate without acknowledging how tainted they are is so boring and sad.

It is entirely possible to both hate Hillary and hate Trump, to want Hillary to be held to the flame or called out...and want the same for Trump.

That's what I do. That's what any reasonable person should be doing.

Last edited:

Brizzady

Banned
The truly hilarious part is that his moronic sycophantic fans won't care, but if Obama had done any of this shit, they would have lynched him.

nemiroff

Gold Member
I still to this day don't quite understand what this "collusion" is supposed to be all about and what it has done to the planet. It's not for lack of trying either.

OP didn't bother, so technically, tangibly, objectively, can someone please explain..?

Last edited:

BANGS

Banned
Crimes are good if they help my team! The GOP in 2018, folks.
Crimes are good if they serve the greater good. Edward Snowden, Rosa Parks, etc did good things despite being criminals for it. I'd think we could all agree on that at least...

So what about the corruption of the guy who's, you know, actually President? If one pisses you off then surely the other must really infuriate you.
Right?
Absolutely, I'm not sure why that's even a question. Did you guys really just assume I was some biased sheep who only applies logic if it's convenient for me? You can't just defend principles when it's easy to do so, you have to defend them when it's difficult as well...

Nobody_Important

I still to this day don't quite understand what this "collusion" is supposed to be all about and what it has done to the planet. It's not for lack of trying either.

The ridiculously simplified version? Trump is believed to have colluded with agents of a foreign government to help him win the election.

Its obviously much more complicated than that, but that is the gist of it.

nemiroff

Gold Member
The ridiculously simplified version? Trump is believed to have colluded with agents of a foreign government to help him win the election.

Its obviously much more complicated than that, but that is the gist of it.

"He is believed to have "colluded" with agents of a foreign government"..? ..THAT is the technical description..? And the factual evidence is that someone believe that he did something that happened somewhere that no one can explain..? I...Yeah.. I'm not sure if that helped.

AfricanKing

Crimes are good if they serve the greater good. Edward Snowden, Rosa Parks, etc did good things despite being criminals for it. I'd think we could all agree on that at least...

Rosa Parks and a sweaty man in a basement are not the same, Rosa fought for equal rights , what is Putin or the hackers fighting for apart for..

Bryank75

Banned
The truly hilarious part is that his moronic sycophantic fans won't care, but if Obama had done any of this shit, they would have lynched him.

To label approximately half your country “moronic” for voting for someone you don’t like is the equivalent of hate speech that you people always complain about. What do you do at the weekend, steal teenagers MAGA hats and spill drinks on them?

Grow the F up.

Nobody_Important

"He is believed to have "colluded" with agents of a foreign government"..? ..THAT is the technical description..? And the factual evidence is that someone believe that he did something that happened somewhere that no one can explain..? I...Yeah.. I'm not sure if that helped.

Like I said thats just the incredibly simplified version. The full situation will be described differently depending on which outlet you get your info from. But as long as you don't use sources like Fox News or Alex Jones you should be pretty safe to simply google the info that you want.

Last edited:

lil puff

Well it is what they are investigating now.

Somewhere along the line it was alleged that members of Trumps campaign sought out information from foreign entities that might have smeared Hillary Clinton's character and/or campaign and had a meeting/s about it.

I don't think anyone really knows the entire story, or if there is one at all.

Takuan

Feels like he's psychologically prepping his demographic in case Mueller does find evidence of collusion. No collusion becomes "Well, it's not illegal, so who cares? MAGA!"

nemiroff

Gold Member
Somewhere along the line it was alleged that members of Trumps campaign sought out information from foreign entities that might have smeared Hillary Clinton's character and/or campaign and had a meeting/s about it.

Thanks for replying. If they actually know that Hillary was falsely smeared in a what's considered a criminal act, there sure must be something more tangible to point to than allegations and maybes? Exactly what kind of false information are we talking about?

Exactly how many votes were swayed by this alleged foreign agent collusion smear campaign, and to make it even more interesting, compared to the sway of the Democratic collusion and the Republican collusion smear campaigns?

BANGS

Banned
Rosa Parks and a sweaty man in a basement are not the same, Rosa fought for equal rights , what is Putin or the hackers fighting for apart for..
Thanks for clearing that up for us, we were having a real hard time making that distinction...

nemiroff

Gold Member
Like I said thats just the incredibly simplified version. The full situation will be described differently depending on which outlet you get your info from. But as long as you don't use sources like Fox News or Alex Jones you should be pretty safe to simply google the info that you want.

What kind of trusted objective sources did you use to write your OP?

Edit: Ah, I just saw it now; CNN, right? They appear to be super solid. Seems to be the main source of information among scholars. I must remember to bookmark them.

Last edited:

lil puff

Thanks for replying. If they actually know that Hillary was falsely smeared in a what's considered a criminal act, there sure must be something more tangible to point to than allegations and maybes? Exactly what kind of false information are we talking about?

Exactly how many votes were swayed by this alleged foreign agent collusion smear campaign, and to make it even more interesting, compared to the sway of the Democratic collusion and the Republican collusion smear campaigns?
This is basically what the argument is about. This is why Trump keeps calling it a witch hunt while opponents keep saying "let the investigation finish"

imo this entire thing is taking too long. Honestly if they have something, bring it, because it does not look good if they are indeed just 'fishing'.

We will have to see.

Super Mario

Banned

There are tons of points in US History where attacking the status quo and going against what the law wanted ended up being better for us.

Would I be in support of Russia interfering? Not my first choice. However, look at the facts. They helped expose a candidate who is part of the deep state, had rigged the system, pay for play, etc. Yet the biggest concern is that another country exposed it? The biggest problem is that it wouldn't have been exposed if not for another country.

I'm sorry, but you are a complete moron if you talk about Russia being a threat to our democracy for exposing us to the truth, and letting us decide. Yet, on the other hand, we had a candidate literally obstructing Democracy.

Nobody_Important

What kind of trusted objective sources did you use to write your OP?

Edit: Ah, I just saw it now; CNN, right? They appear to be super solid. Seems to be the main source of information among scholars. I must remember to bookmark them.

Nice sarcasm lol

You can use whatever sources you want. Most outlets are covering it for what it is at this point. The only places that are still trying to downplay and dismiss the investigation anymore are fringe sources like Fox News, Alex Jones, Breitbart etc etc. The usual suspects. Most places though agree that there is something that has gone on behind closed doors regarding Trump, but we still aren't sure exactly what that is. Hence the investigation by Mueller. Which obviously has bore fruit already.

Last edited:

AfricanKing

Thanks for clearing that up for us, we were having a real hard time making that distinction...

No worries had to make sure that the name of a women who fought for equal and civil rights is not mixed with the on goings of a country that has committed some of the worst crimes in modern history.

There are tons of points in US History where attacking the status quo and going against what the law wanted ended up being better for us.

Would I be in support of Russia interfering? Not my first choice. However, look at the facts. They helped expose a candidate who is part of the deep state, had rigged the system, pay for play, etc. Yet the biggest concern is that another country exposed it? The biggest problem is that it wouldn't have been exposed if not for another country.

I'm sorry, but you are a complete moron if you talk about Russia being a threat to our democracy for exposing us to the truth, and letting us decide. Yet, on the other hand, we had a candidate literally obstructing Democracy.

Oh a country hacking a political party is not a threat to democracy , have you read what your typing because that makes no sense . Crime is crime regardless of how passive you want it to be .

But look of your in full support of the Russian Governments tactics that's on you , but just know that is going against everything democracy stands for .

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Like Obama did weekly addresses on YouTube and all...but it was overly polished and didn't feel super real. I believed in what he said, but it didn't feel like a real human saying those things. If Obama was blasting Twitter in real-time with his thoughts and actions like Trump does, it'd have been a really cool way to see how our president thinks and acts.

Not blaming you personally, but this is the problem with current "reality" TV and how it's screwing people up. You can't even do polished content anymore without people thinking it's too faked. The truth is people love this new Housewives of The White House feeling that we have now. They watch it on TV and they love it on Twitter.

Too bad people don't want the WestWorld Season 1 level polish in a President anymore.

The hacks revealed information that is just depressing to long-time democrat voters, but yeah, we're better off knowing about it so we can be more vigilant in the future.

At this point even my views on Bernie were soured. I was holding on to Bernie as some last bastion of hope - but when information came out that the DNC was sabotaging him on purpose, he didn't even make much of a fuss about it. You can't accept shit like that for the "good of the party" - I expected a furious reaction from him, and I expected him to not let that shit go at least until 2020. But he let it go right away. What they did to Bernie should still be making headlines today if he actually cared about it. But he doesn't seem to care, so yet another disappointing politician.

BANGS

Banned
No worries had to make sure that the name of a women who fought for equal and civil rights is not mixed with the on goings of a country that has committed some of the worst crimes in modern history.
Trust me there is no danger of that...

Top Bottom