• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

Wednesdayton!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AssMan

Banned
Jun 6, 2004
2,415
0
0
Not only was the Gamecube revealed on August 24, 2000, the launch details were revealed exactly 1 year later on August 24, 2001


Holy crap! My heart is racing! I'm going to eat rice crispy squares, leave my computer on and hitting the refresh button every 10 seconds!
 

El_Victor

Member
Jan 21, 2005
1,597
0
0
32
flarkminator said:
bah -1 for the poor photoshop
+1 for doing it so quickly
Not me who made it, I took it from the old Thursdayton days' - so +1 for using material from a great thread.
 

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
Jul 4, 2004
13,581
3
0
31
mj1108 said:
So should we just start the disappointment thread now or wait until Thursday?
No no, lets just wait and see what happens to this thread :)
 

pollo

Banned
Jun 9, 2004
7,817
1
0
Guys what are you hoping for? NBackwards compatability? I for one am waiting for a sequel to all my favorite games playable on Revolution. What you think? Capcom 5 another one possible? It might fruition. Rev YESSSSSsssSSssSSssSSsSssSSS
 

flarkminator

Member
Oct 8, 2004
3,491
0
0
Burbank
www.flark.net
NEXT GEN GOD OF WAR GOES TO REVOLUTION


 

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Jun 8, 2004
10,556
0
1,590
Canada
So, if woe and Wario get banz0red for being wrong, what do they get if they are correct? Just curious.
 

wobedraggled

Banned
Dec 2, 2004
1,141
0
0
TheOMan said:
So, if woe and Wario get banz0red for being wrong, what do they get if they are correct? Just curious.

I should skip this banning, the last one was completly uncalled for.
 

Ruzbeh

Banned
Mar 29, 2005
2,751
0
0
TheOMan said:
So, if woe and Wario get banz0red for being wrong, what do they get if they are correct? Just curious.
I'd like some credit, too, if it happens to be true and we do get something and wario or something gets a reward. But I dun wanna get banned if it turns out to be false! If it wasn't for me, wario would have never said "WEDNESDAYTON".
 

SantaC

Member
Jun 11, 2004
21,591
4,361
2,020
I sadly believe that Nintendo gives a rat ass what happend on that day 5 years ago.
 

El_Victor

Member
Jan 21, 2005
1,597
0
0
32
Ruzbeh said:
I'd like some credit, too, if it happens to be true and we do get something and wario or something gets a reward. But I dun wanna get banned if it turns out to be false! If it was for me, wario would have never said "WEDNESDAYTON".
And if it wasn't for Drinky then this would never have happend anyway.
Don't steal his fame. ;)
 

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
Jul 4, 2004
13,581
3
0
31
TheOMan said:
So, if woe and Wario get banz0red for being wrong, what do they get if they are correct? Just curious.
They just get to be proud of themselves for being correct. They can also get a cookie. Hope they like chocolate chip.

 

Ruzbeh

Banned
Mar 29, 2005
2,751
0
0
SantaCruZer said:
I sadly believe that Nintendo gives a rat ass what happend on that day 5 years ago.
On 8/24/00, Gamecube was revealed and stuff. Exactly one year later (8/24/01), they revealed the launch details. Which means that if Nintendo reveals console system stuff on this date, they should reveal it now, too, since the NoE guy said important news on Rev "very soon". You're saying it's a coincidence that there's gonna be info "very soon" so close to 8/24?
 

Dr_Cogent

Banned
Dec 17, 2004
14,094
0
0
USA
Ruzbeh said:
On 8/24/00, Gamecube was revealed and stuff. Exactly one year later (8/24/01), they revealed the launch details. Which means that if Nintendo reveals console system stuff on this date, they should reveal it now, too, since the NoE guy said important news on Rev "very soon". You're saying it's a coincidence that there's gonna be info "very soon" so close to 8/24?

Well, at least you won't smell if you get the ban stick right?

 

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
May 30, 2004
36,247
2
0
Ruzbeh said:
I'd like some credit, too, if it happens to be true and we do get something and wario or something gets a reward. But I dun wanna get banned if it turns out to be false! If it wasn't for me, wario would have never said "WEDNESDAYTON".

Everyone in this thread will be banned if nothing comes of this... is what I hear.
 

Ruzbeh

Banned
Mar 29, 2005
2,751
0
0
Wellington said:
Everyone in this thread will be banned if nothing comes of this... is what I hear.
Sounds fair. Bring it on, bitches.

I just remembered that we're going to have to wait 2 days. How long did we have to wait for Thursdayton? One day? This could turn out to be a monster thread.
 

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Sep 5, 2004
66,964
6
1,590
Arakeen
since this thread serves no other purpose, I have a GAF mod question - is everyone with a blurb after their name that says anything other than "Member" or "Junior Member" a moderator? Or are some of them victims of moderator's whimsy?
 

SantaC

Member
Jun 11, 2004
21,591
4,361
2,020
Ruzbeh said:
On 8/24/00, Gamecube was revealed and stuff. Exactly one year later (8/24/01), they revealed the launch details. Which means that if Nintendo reveals console system stuff on this date, they should reveal it now, too, since the NoE guy said important news on Rev "very soon". You're saying it's a coincidence that there's gonna be info "very soon" so close to 8/24?

I believed many times, but it often let me down :(
 

Dr_Cogent

Banned
Dec 17, 2004
14,094
0
0
USA
Stinkles said:
since this thread serves no other purpose, I have a GAF mod question - is everyone with a blurb after their name that says anything other than "Member" or "Junior Member" a moderator? Or are some of them victims of moderator's whimsy?

I think I have pretty much all of the mods identified and with much certainty I can say that there are victims of mods whimsy.

If you pay close attention, you can easily ident the mods.

Mods usually have their tags modded, but they aren't usually insults. That's usually a good indication.

Some aren't insults, but the mods have allowed them to be tagged.
 

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Sep 5, 2004
66,964
6
1,590
Arakeen
I get my EGMs precisely one month after they are supposed to arrive. Same with OXM. Two different publishers, I know. GI arrives randomly and Play rarely. Subscribe AND be damned.
 

Spencerr

Banned
Mar 4, 2005
2,241
0
0
If Revolution details are announced the 24th... PLAYABLE AT PAX ON THE 26TH?!?

yeah right, no ban for Spencer kthx
 

Nerevar

they call me "Man Gravy".
Jun 15, 2004
8,284
0
0
how long until gamesindustry.biz or sp0ong pick this story up and run with it, from which gamespot / ign pick it up and it becomes mainstream news? That's my favorite part of the GAF rumor mill!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.