• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wednesdayton!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruzbeh

Banned
believee.jpg

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Dr_Cogent said:
I think I have pretty much all of the mods identified and with much certainty I can say that there are victims of mods whimsy.

If you pay close attention, you can easily ident the mods.

Mods usually have their tags modded, but they aren't usually insults. That's usually a good indication.

Some aren't insults, but the mods have allowed them to be tagged.

Here's a link to the list of forum leaders.

KINGMOKU

If he's right, and info is released on the specified date, I think he should be able to pick out, and ban whoever he thinks gave him the most grief.

Fair play and all.

Could be very, very interesting if done correctly, kind of like a ban "playoff ladder".

Dr_Cogent

Banned
moku said:
If he's right, and info is released on the specified date, I think he should be able to pick out, and ban whoever he thinks gave him the most grief.

Fair play and all.

Could be very, very interesting if done correctly, kind of like a ban "playoff ladder".

Somehow I don't see the mods doing that.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Wellington said:
Everyone in this thread will be banned if nothing comes of this... is what I hear.

fucking hell. I'll have to be careful not to post in here then

Hmm, didn't know iapetus was an admin. Wonder if he could put in a word to move the forum update time so I can carry on browsing at work at 9:14am?

and who is overbose? 140 posts and a mod?

Spainkiller

the man who sold the world
I've said it once, I'll say it again. Revolution's big unveiling is set for Iwata's speech at TGS on Fri 16th, not before. Nintendo may well say SOMETHING small before that, as it has been doing for the past 10 months.

The past six months on here has taught me that people only hear what they want to though so I expect to be completely ignored.

Bob White

The mods love these topics, don't let them fool you. Also, they love penis and boob pictures posted in random threads at random times.

"."TON topics and sports topics.....the GA way

I'm stronger now.

BuddyC

Nerevar said:
how long until gamesindustry.biz or sp0ong pick this story up and run with it, from which gamespot / ign pick it up and it becomes mainstream news? That's my favorite part of the GAF rumor mill!
my favorite part is when that news is then reposted here, thus completing the cycle.

Dr_Cogent

Banned
BuddyC said:
my favorite part is when that news is then reposted here, thus completing the cycle.

Buddy, has anyone ever told you that your avatar looks like Ric Ocasek?

Is that you? Are you Ric Ocasek?

Ric%20Ocasek%201.JPEG

It's Buddy C!

:D

Chittagong

Gold Member
BuddyC said:

The ULTIMATE circle is when I post stuff here, it spreads to some blog like kotaku, engadget or joystiq, then our news service picks it up and sends it in the industry bulleting back to myself (and everybody else in the office). Then a guy peeks over the cubicle - "have you heard the news?"

Triumph

Banned
You know, I almost have to admire Nintendo fans. Hope truly does spring eternal, no matter how shitty the company treats you or mediocre it becomes.

I can't wait for the inevitable letdown and "reactions to Wednesdayton sicken me" threads.

Taker666

....it begins

http://forums.gamespot.com/gamespot/index.php

In the announcements box -

"Will you be there when GameSpot invades the airwaves and plants its flag in G4's Cinematech? We sure hope so, because otherwise those guys won't give us our flag back! Check out all the info on our exciting episodes here, and be sure to tune in to G4 when the revolution begins on August 24 and 25."

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Taker666 said:
....it begins

http://forums.gamespot.com/gamespot/index.php

In the announcements box -

"Will you be there when GameSpot invades the airwaves and plants its flag in G4's Cinematech? We sure hope so, because otherwise those guys won't give us our flag back! Check out all the info on our exciting episodes here, and be sure to tune in to G4 when the revolution begins on August 24 and 25."

Oh boy - could it be? Finally? Will every Nintendo fan's hopes and dreams be realized? Deep down, you all love Nintendo. It's true, oh it's true.

I await Drinky Crow's return. And Johnny Nighttrain's. Oh, an interesting thread this shall be. Or not.

Ruzbeh

Banned
Wellington said:
I was kidding. :lol

That ban playoff ladder is an awesome idea though. :lol :lol
Raoul Duke said:
You know, I almost have to admire Nintendo fans. Hope truly does spring eternal, no matter how shitty the company treats you or mediocre it becomes.

I can't wait for the inevitable letdown and "reactions to Wednesdayton sicken me" threads.
Please, Wellington, please, ban all the disbelievers of this thread when we actually get info Wednesday, like Raoul Duke here. For, like, a day or two. If nothing turns out, ban all the believers, including me, for a day or two. Sounds pretty fair, right?

Triumph

Banned
Ruzbeh said:
Please, Wellington, please, ban all the disbelievers of this thread when we actually get info Wednesday, like Raoul Duke here. For, like, a day or two. If nothing turns out, ban all the believers, including me, for a day or two. Sounds pretty fair, right?
Pfft. I actually think there will be info, but it will be dissapointing. Like maybe a new PacMan Vs. for the DS? Yes?

Ruzbeh

Banned
Raoul Duke said:
Pfft. I actually think there will be info, but it will be dissapointing. Like maybe a new PacMan Vs. for the DS? Yes?
No, info on Revolution. Not just info about some Nintendo game for a certain Nintendo platform (GBA/DS/GC).

Mallrat83

Banned
Why though people? Why get your hopes up and put your full faith in there being anouncements or revelations time after time? I hope Nintendo would show something on the Rev as much as the next guy, but you don't see me spouting my undying faith every time some random rumor graces these boards. Just shut the fuck up and wait. If it happens, it happens, if not, then have some patience, eventually it will.

Some people do think that cucumbers taste better pickled.

Bob White

Aw fuck it. I might as well let the cat out of the bag. OK, here's the BIG secret.

The controller is split in two. You hold the 'd-pad' part in your hand of choosing while holding the 'buttons' part in the other. Both sides are wireless and both can be moved around to make your character move because gyros will be placed in them.

And just in case you don't believe me, here's another item of interest.

Matt from ign and Drinky are the same person

I'm stronger now.

Ruzbeh

Banned
Mallrat83 said:
Why though people? Why get your hopes up and put your full faith in there being anouncements or revelations time after time? I hope Nintendo would show something on the Rev as much as the next guy, but you don't see me spouting my undying faith every time some random rumor graces these boards. Just shut the fuck up and wait. If it happens, it happens, if not, then have some patience, eventually it will.

Some people do think that cucumbers taste better pickled.
NoE said info will be revealed "very soon". Matt, who usually has insider knowledge, has said "it could be a day or it could be a week" about a week ago. Nintendo has revealed stuff about Gamecube on 8/24/00 and 8/24/01. This isn't a coincidence.

*sigh* Just believe already. Drinky didn't have any trouble making people believing and he didn't have any arguments at all!

wouldn't the press know about it already? I mean, if they are having a confecente, there should be invitations all over by now

Believe :(

Ruzbeh

Banned
nVidiot_Whore said:
LOL.... Nintendo released info on 8/24/00, and 8/24/01??

Hmm.. what about 02? 03? 04?
Because Nintendo already released their console (Gamecube). 8/24 Is for new console announcements.
..pakbeka.. said:
wouldn't the press know about it already? I mean, if they are having a confecente, there should be invitations all over by now

Believe :(
Exactly. That's why Matt knows about it.

mattx5

There won't be anything. Fuck this noise. I love Nintendo, and when some news comes, I'll get excited about it.

But this bullshit hype has to stop. Every fucking month I swear, there's always some phantom event in the planning. This one has a bit more legitimacy because of MattIGN, but still no concrete date, and therefore, I don't think anyone should get their panties in a fucking wad. It's just ridiculous really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom