• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Weekend Tournament Fighting: Hyakkishu Cup CEOtaku MLG Worlds Topanga KAKUTOP & more!

USD

TOPANGA LEAGUE 5 (A) ROUND 1 Results:

Umehara (Evil Ryu) vs. Hagejin (Zangief)
3-1 ●○○○
Kitasenju DJ (Dee Jay) vs. Nemo (Rolento)
0-3 ●●●
Momochi (Ken) vs. Tokido (Akuma)
3-2 ○●○●○
Dashio (Seth) vs. Kitasenju DJ (Dee Jay)
3-0 ○○○
Uryo (Chun-Li) vs. Hagejin (Zangief)
3-0 ○○○
Michael-tan (Ken) vs. Nemo (Rolento)
1-3 ○●●●
Bonchan (Sagat) vs. Tokido (Akuma)
3-1 ○○●○
Michael-tan (Ken) vs. Kitasenju DJ (Dee Jay)
3-2 ●○○●○
Momochi (Ken) vs. Uryo (Chun-Li)
1-3 ●●○●
Bonchan (Sagat) vs. Michael-tan (Ken)
3-1 ●○○○
Umehara (Evil Ryu) vs. Dashio (Seth)
3-2 ●○○●○

The opening for Topanga League was sick btw

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm27383628
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hH4t7rykwU

What I like about Topanga is that it highlights the past champions. EVO should have done that in their opening like they did in the 2013 one.

From Yoshiwo https://twitter.com/yoshiwo_guile
CRcl-_QVAAAnixG.jpg

CRcMczwUsAIdHBK.jpg

vulva

You're probably right, unless I started talking a bunch of shit on stream, lose, and get suplexed through a table by a cosplayer for my trouble. Thankfully, that doesn't seem very likely!
Man, I better not lose... or maybe I should. D:

I heard that the ballroom will be open for casuals later on, but I have not been able to confirm that. Beyond that, it'll probably just be hotel room casuals.

There'll be more embarrassing

I'm just curious are there threads for game for other tournaments? I only seem to see the ones for fighting games show up. Well once I saw a Pokemon TCG one when Pokken was the main event, but that's it. Would love to get into some others genres.

Tripon

I'm just curious are there threads for game for other tournaments? I only seem to see the ones for fighting games show up. Well once I saw a Pokemon TCG one when Pokken was the main event, but that's it. Would love to get into some others genres.

It's up to the person interested in the subject and tournament to make threads for them. I'm interested in the FGC and with the move of the FGW thread to community, I decided to make threads for the tournaments that happens most weekends.

Shouta

Holy shit, Block G is a death pool.

Nemo, Shiro, MOV, Kindevu, KOG, Kyabetsu, Poongko, Xian, Shimauta, lol

Oh that make sense.

Infiltration didn't participate in WNF a couple of years back despite being at super arcade because he didn't have access to a Korean stick, so same situation here.

Tripon

This is like watching the first round of the NCAA basketball tournament. So many matches, and you only get a glimpse of it.

This Hyakkishu tournament is already the greatest ever. Non stop constant flow of matches. Even if we only see the final round of a match at least we saw it instead of it being a complete mystery. More tournaments need to follow this model.

Any notable players for Melee at MLG?

Hbox, M2K, Axe, Druggedfox, Nintendude, Wizzrobe, Chillindude, Blea Gelo, Bladewise, maybe a few others, there aren't many top Melee players here, Smash 4 is much more stacked (but even Smash 4 has <150 entrants iirc, that's what happens when you announce an event on short notice and make it two weeks after a major).

Shouta

Poongko and Xian already in losers is pretty wild. There might be hope for KOG to make it out in winner's.

Top Bottom