• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Weekend Tournament Fighting: Hyakkishu Cup CEOtaku MLG Worlds Topanga KAKUTOP & more!

cj_iwakura

From Cathy finals, the top 3:
CRkaLvRXIAEho0y.jpg

CRkaMDiWoAAy6Oh.jpg
(Dacidbro)

(yours truly)

(KirbyLover69/Raph)

Marz

Man Ryan got rekt pretty hard, so sorry for him, but I'm pretty happy for a fellow grappler infexious. Hugo is such a beast. Don't know what people were thinking calling valle beating bonchan an upset. Hugo actually beats sagat in this game.

Lololololololololololololololol

cj_iwakura

Wish there was more of a Catherine scene here, gonna need a lot more practice if I'm ever gonna beat Dacid. I got two rounds, so I know I can, just a question of tactics.

thelastword

Banned
Lololololololololololololololol
Don't know man, s.mp is pretty good against sagat at medium range, it whiff punishes Sagat's s.rh. On the other hand, Hugo's jump back fierce beats Sagat's s.rh clean at the right range. j.mk and c.mk works very well against a roundhouse happy sagat as well. If you get a counter hit on j.fp, then we all know what type of damage is possible.

I used to main Sagat back in the day, he feels slow and bulky to me now, his fireballs have more recovery now, hugo can destroy his fireball game with jumping fierce and he has so many tools to neutralize Sagat's fireball game. lp.clap (up close), Ex clap far away. A sagat can't tiger knee on hugo, that's spd (or ultra). He can't just jump back or backdash that's ultra or clap into ultra or back breaker.

What really makes this is favor of hugo, apart from good normals and options he has against sagat is that literally every punish hugo has against sagat can be huge if you have the execution. A wary tiger uppercut can lead to as much as 600-700 DMG if you link super or ultra. I'm not saying it's a walk in the park for hugo, but I think it favors hugo. I mean infexious destroyed ryan hart and ryan is top 3 sagat in the world easily.

Marz

Don't know man, s.mp is pretty good against sagat at medium range, it whiff punishes Sagat's s.rh. On the other hand, Hugo's jump back fierce beats Sagat's s.rh clean at the right range. j.mk and c.mk works very well against a roundhouse happy sagat as well. If you get a counter hit on j.fp, then we all know what type of damage is possible.

I used to main Sagat back in the day, he feels slow and bulky to me now, his fireballs have more recovery now, hugo can destroy his fireball game with jumping fierce and he has so many tools to neutralize Sagat's fireball game. lp.clap (up close), Ex clap far away. A sagat can't tiger knee on hugo, that's spd (or ultra). He can't just jump back or backdash that's ultra or clap into ultra or back breaker.

What really makes this is favor of hugo, apart from good normals and options he has against sagat is that literally every punish hugo has against sagat can be huge if you have the execution. A wary tiger uppercut can lead to as much as 600-700 DMG if you link super or ultra. I'm not saying it's a walk in the park for hugo, but I think it favors hugo. I mean infexious destroyed ryan hart and ryan is top 3 sagat in the world easily.

Gief can whiff punish Roundhouse as well. The problem is the better Sagat players use the button to counter forward movement, any forward movement from Hugo at that range and you have to hold a 5 frame move that hits twice. Hugo doesnt have the walk speed to get around Sagats zoning so he has to take huge risks. Which is why the MU is bad. Alucard wouldnt even play his Hugo vs. Xiao Hai a week ago for fear of his pocket Gat. Ask any Hugo player and they'll tell you its a bad mu.

Sagat can use knee against Hugo. Lk is safe. Claps have a lot of startup and Sagat has some very fast attacks to interrupt the startup with cr. Jab (3 frames), mp, and stand roundhouse buffered into shots to push Hugo back.

Hugo hits hard against everybody, thats nothing new. The problem is he has a very difficult time getting anywhere near Sagat without losing a ton of health and taking major risks. Kara dp controls a ton of space.

Ryan Hart hasnt been playing too much Sagat lately. I guarantee you he doesnt know that mu well and his Sagat style is really weird to begin with, he takes a ton of risks and DPs like a madman...youre not going to see that from the asian Sagats. You put Infexious up against Bonchan, Santarouman, Gachikun he's probably losing 10-2 in a ft10.

DunpealD

Gief can whiff punish Roundhouse as well. The problem is the better Sagat players use the button to counter forward movement, any forward movement from Hugo at that range and you have to hold a 5 frame move that hits twice. Hugo doesnt have the walk speed to get around Sagats zoning so he has to take huge risks. Which is why the MU is bad. Alucard wouldnt even play his Hugo vs. Xiao Hai a week ago for fear of his pocket Gat. Ask any Hugo player and they'll tell you its a bad mu.

Sagat can use knee against Hugo. Lk is safe. Claps have a lot of startup and Sagat has some very fast attacks to interrupt the startup with cr. Jab (3 frames), mp, and stand roundhouse buffered into shots to push Hugo back.

Hugo hits hard against everybody, thats nothing new. The problem is he has a very difficult time getting anywhere near Sagat without losing a ton of health and taking major risks. Kara dp controls a ton of space.

Ryan Hart hasnt been playing too much Sagat lately. I guarantee you he doesnt know that mu well and his Sagat style is really weird to begin with, he takes a ton of risks and DPs like a madman...youre not going to see that from the asian Sagats. You put Infexious up against Bonchan, Santarouman, Gachikun he's probably losing 10-2 in a ft10.

Do you mean this match? He actually did play Hugo.

Hugo usually doesn't use claps close up so cr.lp can't be used to stuff his clap. For that case st.HK is more likely and at that specific distance it is not cancellable though. I'm not sure about tiger knee but unless it's EX doesn't it at least need to be spaced correctly to make it safe at best?

Hugo at least has better chances than Gief in this MU it seems.

There are not a lot of footage of high level Hugo vs Sagat play. The most recent one seems to be StormKubo vs Gackt. Hopefully we'll get to see more from the other players.

While we are talking abut Ryan Hart... this is his second time being last place in the final phase of Kakutop, while Gagapa couldn't even make it.

Top Bottom