• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Weekend Tournament Fighting: Hyakkishu Cup CEOtaku MLG Worlds Topanga KAKUTOP & more!

cj_iwakura

Thanks for the support, all. Happy as a clam I got that far. :D Dacid's a stellar player. Complemented my building theory on the Cathedral area(when I had to build behind the wall).

To hell with Spiral Corridor.

Was that stream archived? Only see the very start of winner's finals.

Smash 4 top 12 for tomorrow:

Winners Semifinals
ZeRo vs Ally (despite what the website might be trying to tell you, Ally did NOT already win this 3-1)
Nairo vs ESAM

Losers Bracket
6WX vs Ryo
GrimTurtle vs TheReflexWonder
Mr. R vs Fatality
StaticManny vs ScAtt

In about 8 hours, Toshinsai starts. It's an USF4, Persona, Blazblue, and Nitroplus national tournament. The Topanga Ranking Battles served as qualifiers for them. Here are two of the teams: Mago/Wao/Yukadon, Pugera/Michael Tan/Pepeday, etc... and there will be last minute quals for that 3v3 USF4 tournament too.

http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv237937237

Xian, Kindevu, and Eita won the last minute qualifier so they'll be part of this tournament too. I'm rooting for Kyoku, Nemo, and Inco to win.

Will be on twitch
http://www.twitch.tv/toushinsaiofficialtv

Winners Semifinals
ZeRo vs Ally (despite what the website might be trying to tell you, Ally did NOT already win this 3-1)
Nairo vs ESAM

Losers Bracket
6WX vs Ryo
Mr. R vs Fatality
StaticManny vs ScAtt

3 players from my home state of Georgia in top 12! Fatality, ScAtt and Reflex. And they all play cool characters (Captain Falcon, Mega Man and Wario)

matches for today

momochi vs bonchan
uryo vs dashio
daigo vs kitasenju
nemo vs tokido
momochi vs hagejin
bonchan vs uryo
dashio vs nemo
hagejin vs tokido
momochi vs kitasenju dj
bonchan vs dashio
daigo vs uryo

NotLiquid

Winners Semifinals
Nairo vs ESAM

Losers Bracket
6WX vs Ryo
Mr. R vs Fatality
StaticManny vs ScAtt

Would be great to see TheReflexWonder fight his way out with Wario but I don't think that's going to happen. I can see 6WX climbing out of losers but either Nairo or ESAM will undoubtedly step back up. Zero vs Ally, lol, that 3-1 mistake might as well be given to Zero.

pixelish

did anyone else see that? seth did spin kick on whiff after chun knockdown and he went to the other side. is that a new thing?

edit: omg kitasenju is beating daigo right now 2-1!

did anyone else see that? seth did spin kick on whiff after chun knockdown and he went to the other side. is that a new thing?

edit: omg kitasenju is beating daigo right now 2-1!

You can see why Daigo wanted to use Guile against Kitasenju at Final Round had they met up and why Kitasenju likes the Evil Ryu matchup.

USD

TOPANGA LEAGUE 5 (A) ROUND 3

Momochi (Ken) vs. Bonchan (Sagat)
0-3 ●●●
Uryo (Chun-Li) vs. Dashio (Seth)
1-3 ●○●●
Umehara (Evil Ryu) vs. Kitasenju DJ (Dee Jay)
3-2 ○●●○○
Nemo (Rolento) vs. Tokido (Akuma)
0-3 ●●●
Momochi (Ken) vs. Hagejin (Zangief)
3-2 ●○○●○
Bonchan (Sagat) vs. Uryo (Chun-Li)
3-0 ○○○
Dashio (Seth) vs. Nemo (Rolento)
1-3 ●●○●
Hagejin (Zangief) vs. Tokido (Akuma)
3-0 ○○○
Momochi (Ken) vs. Kitasenju DJ (Dee Jay)
3-0 ○○○
Bonchan (Sagat) vs. Dashio (Seth)
3-2 ●●○○○
Umehara (Evil Ryu vs. Uryo (Chun-Li)
3-0 ○○○

Tripon

No Tekken 7 livestream for the East Coast Qualifiers:

Team Spooky ‏@teamspooky 15h15 hours ago Manhattan, NY
So guys here is the deal on the Dave and Busters qual. Internet here is insufficient for a stream and 4g is no go. So our next best option

Team Spooky ‏@teamspooky 15h15 hours ago Manhattan, NY
Is to record everything and stream it live on Monday. So please look for the stream to be on Monday approx 2 pm eastern.

Sigh, when will TOs learn to check the internet options before booking a venue?
https://twitter.com/teamspooky/status/655522743694336000

CurlyW

Thanks for the support, all. Happy as a clam I got that far. :D Dacid's a stellar player. Complemented my building theory on the Cathedral area(when I had to build behind the wall).

To hell with Spiral Corridor.

Was that stream archived? Only see the very start of winner's finals.

Yeah, it was archived. Check again.

is topanga over?

Next set of matches begin next week. After next week the first part of Topanga will be finished. Top 4 go to the finals. Top 5-10 go in a playoff round robin to decide the final 2 players for the finals. 11th and 12 placed get sent down to B League.

Kazunoko and Pepeday haven't played this week so they still have all their matches.

Daigo's next 5 matches will be hard. Momochi, Kazunoko, Tokido, Pepeday, and Nemo. Kazunoko and Tokido have always taken Daigo to game 5 and recently they have beaten him in tournaments. I think Bonchan will end up as the first seed.

Missed the Infexious Gagapa match but someone posed Gagapa's reaction face. I've done the honours:

gagapaclap2su21.png

This is how I feel when I play vs Infexious too. :(

Top Bottom