• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Weekend Tournament Fighting: Hyakkishu Cup CEOtaku MLG Worlds Topanga KAKUTOP & more!

Man SF4 is such an amazing game. Bonchan blocks Nemo wake up Ultra and punishes with his own ultra. The ultra Bonchan used gave Nemo enough meter for another ultra and he uses wake up ultra again, striking the unsuspecting Bonchan.

What a sequence.

What a game.

As a competitor, I know how that feels. Shit like that stresses me out. As a viewer, that shit is hot to watch. I'm going to miss a lot of the madness and wonkyness that this game has.

My boy Daigo

It's cool that Bonchan just won 2 straight Premier Events, but he still gotta kiss the ring.

Looking at CPT Asia again, that looks like the only Premier event where we may not have a qualifying player. Of the 8 players qualified so far, 4 are auto qualified and Xiaohai is safe on points. The only ones that are still on the bubble are Misse, MOV, and Dakou. All 3 are great players, but I don't see them being able to finish top 4 with many heavy hitters like Bonchan and Infiltration waiting in the wings.

The person who wins the last chance qualifier may also be one of those players on the outside looking in as far as the Capcom Cup because I doubt the heavy hitters will show up for that. So because of this event I predict that we will only have 14 qualified players with 17 getting in through points. This would definitely help guys like Haitani who is at the very bottom of the top 32 or Rog and Ricki who are barely outside the top 32 but are continuing to attend events to earn enough points to get in.

Tripon

Looking at CPT Asia again, that looks like the only Premier event where we may not have a qualifying player. Of the 8 players qualified so far, 4 are auto qualified and Xiaohai is safe on points. The only ones that are still on the bubble are Misse, MOV, and Dakou. All 3 are great players, but I don't see them being able to finish top 4 with many heavy hitters like Bonchan and Infiltration waiting in the wings.

The person who wins the last chance qualifier may also be one of those players on the outside looking in as far as the Capcom Cup because I doubt the heavy hitters will show up for that. So because of this event I predict that we will only have 14 qualified players with 17 getting in through points. This would definitely help guys like Haitani who is at the very bottom of the top 32 or Rog and Ricki who are barely outside the top 32 but are continuing to attend events to earn enough points to get in.

CPTAsia Finals are exempt from the CPT rule that states only top 4 can auto qualify.

CPTAsia Finals are exempt from the CPT rule that states only top 4 can auto qualify.

So Misse, MOV, or Dakou can get in even if they finish 5th as long as they're the highest non-auto qualified player? That'd still be good for players below them because Dakou and Misse have a good amount of points. MOV finishing the highest would cause the bigger shake up.

Tripon

Wait, it is? That's dumb.

(tbh only 1st place should've been auto-invite to begin with)

CPTAsian Finals is a round robin format tournament of 9 players, where after all round matches are played, the top 2 finishers play a grand finals match to determine the winner, (and yes, you can reset).

In essence, the CPTAsian Finals is the extension to all the regional tournaments that CPTA have been holding all year long.

Trying to limit top 4 for auto qualification would hurt the efforts CPTA have been doing to promote the tournament scene in Asia.

This one

Someone was taking a quick nap in the front row with one of the CEO branded hug pillows lol

Wasn't that Jabailey?

El Sloth

Banned
This is cool:

CEOtaku is Jebailey ‏@CEOJebailey 21m21 minutes ago

Meet RPG l The McTager. His first tournament competing. He doesn't let being blind stop him from enjoying BBCP.​

CEOtaku is Jebailey ‏@CEOJebailey 17m17 minutes ago

For those asking, he is 100% blind in one eye but can see colors super up close with the other using his own screen and headset.​
CRijtONWwAAR51F.jpg

Wasn't that Jabailey?
No clue, I didn't recognize him from the angle and I had the stream muted. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

vulva

This one

Someone was taking a quick nap in the front row with one of the CEO branded hug pillows lol

I mean, that's just a given with concentrated anime game streams. Having an entire event for it is bound to lead to some horrendously embarrassing stuff. It's just playing the odds really

Tripon

Art is stream ing some northeast regional, and the chat is going crazy because one of the commentators is a girl (Kate Cujo) dressed up as one of the skimmier Rose alt outfits.

She is pulling the cosplay very well, I will admit.

wow Druggedfox keeping himself alive with a Zelda lightning kick

edit: Smash 4 stuff

winners top 32
ZeRo vs NAKAT
StaticManny vs M2K
Ally vs False
TheReflexWonder vs Mr. R
ESAM vs NickRiddle (brother fight!)
Fatality vs GrimTurtle
Trela vs 6WX
Megafox vs Nairo

notable players that drowned in pools: MVD, Denti, Sol

El Sloth

Banned
That Skullgirls grand finals was free.

Good top 8 though. Shame it wasn't Peanuts who made it all the way to challenge Dekillsage.

Top Bottom