• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Weekend Tournament Fighting: Hyakkishu Cup CEOtaku MLG Worlds Topanga KAKUTOP & more!

shaowebb

Chaos Code on the other stream

http://www.twitch.tv/jyosua

This was interesting to watch. Not a fan of dizzy states in games, but the game itself seemed good. Heard in the chat it doesn't have any online though, but apparently the dev has been pushing post launch patches and characters and supporting it hard in japan. Hopefully it gets netplay sometime. I'll buy it to support it and to continue my journey of fighting game research across any and all competent looking fighting games I find.

Aquapazza is up next isn't it? I just picked it up too. The mop girl supposedly has some different properties to moves if she lays down a trail of water or something. I'd like to learn more about its roster's tools and such during the finals.

I still need to explore and study up on these ones too:
  • Koihime Enbu
  • Nitro Blasters
  • MORE Arcana Heart (we need six stars!)
  • Twinkle Queens
  • Chaos Code
  • Blade Arcus
  • Under Night

Plus if I ever get an import system I'd enjoy Sengoku Basara X, Melty Blood,Rumble Fish, and Hokuto no Ken. I fully intend to try for a library that houses just about everything out there. Really wanna dig deep and explore more movesets and tactics in as many fighters as I can lay my hands on. It gives me a lot of inspiration for stuff .

shaowebb

Man lots of Oboro on Aquapazza.

EDIT: Lol. Someone mentioned Vanguard Princess in the stream. While both have assists running on screen behind you they are very different. Vanguard Princess has reflecting attacks and assist attacks and different moves for your assists with inputting directions with the assist button. Aquapazza has negative emotion that lets you can enter High (Red) emotion by being preforming aggressive actions and using Impact Guard.High emotion increase your attack by 10% (15% if below 10,000 health!).
You'll enter Low (Blue) emotion if you are overly defensive or overly inactive (standing set in place, running away).
Low emotion decreases your defense by 30% and increases your chances to be Guard Broken.

Very different mindsets in each game.

NotLiquid

THAT AXE 3-2 WIN AGAINST M2K
UnlVFhh.png

shaowebb

http://www.twitch.tv/ceogaming

Arcana Heart coming up. Game is really good so be sure to check it out.
  • Homing dashes
  • dash cancels on most everything
  • the ability to equip a whole character's worth of passive abilities, specials, supers on any character
  • every arcana also giving you different "xfactor" perks
  • roster full of characters with so many character unique gimmicks it feels like Blaz Blue's shenanigans...seriously. Everything from jojo stands to polymar cancels, to someone with ridiculous zoning that had to have its own meter

Get in here! Goes up after Persona Ends!

Lulubop

Well the America FGC going have to do something to keep the interest in SFV fresh, all Major except evo seem down in terms of viewers. They're also gonna have to do something to stay competitive with the rest of the world.

But like I said, you do leagues regionally, and then have 1 big A league event somewhere.

TheChits

Excited to see Hbox vs Axe. I don't recall them playing that often and Puff vs Pikachu sounds like an interesting matchup

shaowebb

Yo whats up...are they actually doing Arcana Heart or not on stream? I've been waiting for some footage this weekend.

thelastword

Banned
Man Ryan got rekt pretty hard, so sorry for him, but I'm pretty happy for a fellow grappler infexious. Hugo is such a beast. Don't know what people were thinking calling valle beating bonchan an upset. Hugo actually beats sagat in this game.

shaowebb

God Damn Greats! Change to Sin and just go mixup city with Dorothy.

http://www.twitch.tv/jyosua

Get in here! AH3 Love Max is insane right now!

EDIT: aaaaaaaand its done. Amazing sets from Sushi's Clarice vs Greats' Dorothy. Greats wins again at anime though due to incredible mixups and setups with Dorothy+Sin arcana. Good shit all around.

Tripon

Man, people joke about how Asia is dominating Ultra, but their run in all the anime games this weekend is amazing.

cj_iwakura

Back from CEOTaku, A+ would go again. I think I can beat Dacid next time. Maybe. I realize now he was milking items from the base of Cathedral.

Top Bottom