• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Weekly Famitsu Thread 6/8/08

Tenbatsu

2r3xqiw.jpg

CROSS REVIEW

NDS
◆ Inazuma Eleven | 9-8-10-9 (36/40)
◆ Rhythmn Tengoku Gold | 8-9-9-8 (34/40)
◆ Sigma Harmonics | 8-8-7-8 (31/40)
◆ Harukanaru Toki no Naka de: Yumenoukihashi | 8-7-8-8 (31/40)
◆ Tokyo Majin Gakuen: Kenfuuchou | 6-7-7-7 (27/40)

PS3
◆ Beijing Olympics | 3-4-4-3 (14/40)

PS2
◆ J League Winning Eleven 2008 | 8-8-8-8 (32/40)

Xbox360
◆ Beijing Olympics | 4-5-4-3 (16/40)

NEW TITLES INFO

PS2
◆ Super Robot Wars Z
- Banpresto/Sep 25th 08/8379 Yen
- Original Characters 1: Sasurai Repair Shop
Main Pilot: Land Travis
Sub Pilot: Mail Beater
Mecha: Gun Leon

- Original Characters 2: The Land Staff
Captain: Denzal Hummer
Sub Chief: Tobey Watson
Pilot: Setsuko Ohara
Mecha: Bargora

-Enemies
Pilot: Asakim Dowin
Mecha: Surouga

Pilot: ツイーネ・エスピオ Wat fark name is this?
Mecha: Eliphas

PSP
◆ Dissidia Final Fantasy
- Onion Knight EX mode
Ninja job change
Philosopher job change

◆ Zero Cho Aniki
- GungHo Works/2009/6090 Yen

◆ Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep
- First appearance of the Snow White world

◆ Macross Ace Frontier
- Bandai Namco/Oct 9th/5040 Yen
- Machine Appearance
├ Ghost X-9
├ YF-19
├ Regult
├ VF-25G (Haniel)
├ VF-27
└ VF-25S (Ozma)

Wii
◆ 428
Sega X Chunsoft/2008
- Games you guys wont care about

◆ Captain Rainbow
- Nintendo/Aug 28th/6800 Yen
New islanders
- Takamaru
- Devil from Devil World
- Mabo from Giftpia
- Famicom Soldier from Famicom Wars
- Tracy from Zelda: Link's Awakening
- Tao from Giftpia

◆ Sky Crawlers
- Bandai Namco/Oct 16th/7140 Yen
- Planes shown
Sanga Mark 2, Suiga, Sei Ei, Itsu Ha
- TMC System (Tactical Maneuver Command)
Gauge located at the bottom of the screen and by pressing the A button when its full at the right timing activates the TMC system which will place your plane behind the enemies.

DS
◆ Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
- The 14th Member in KH DS is Xion
- Lower screen is for mission objective and map

Mobile
◆ Ellark
Square Enix

◆ Kingdom Hearts: Coded
Square Enix
- Looks really good, looks like Kingdom Hearts...

Thats all for now, will update when there are more news. Do feel free to contribute.

soul

as far as I can tell it seems there will be an exclusive interview about DKS3713 and it's announcements in the next issue. Probably images too...

lupinko

Tenbatsu said:
◆ Super Robot Wars Z
- Banpresto/Sep 25th 08/8379 Yen

I dunno if I should preorder this via Play-asia or just buy it when I'm actually there on vacation, then again I probably won't stay my full 2 weeks planned. :lol

lupinko said:
I dunno if I should preorder this via Play-asia or just buy it when I'm actually there on vacation, then again I probably won't stay my full 2 weeks planned. :lol

If you want the preorder bonus DVD, you might want to place an order with NCSX quickly...

zoku88

For some reason, I completely forgot about Inazuma Eleven.

It's nice that it got good scores, even if itts worthless since its from Famitsu.

duckroll

jiggle said:
BBS looks omg good :O
First ingame look at Aqua?

what is up with Onion Knight? it can change jobs?

EX Modes. When the EX bar is full, each character can go into special modes. The Warrior of Light can become a Knight, Zidane can go into Trance mode, Squall can use Lionheart, Tidus can use Ultima Weapon, etc.

soul

duckroll said:
What the fuck is a Dark Onion? You mean the Ninja and Philosopher jobs?

Haha... I'm sorry, I totally wrote that like a moron. Guess I should sleep more often...

jiggle

duckroll said:
EX Modes. When the EX bar is full, each character can go into special modes. The Warrior of Light can become a Knight, Zidane can go into Trance mode, Squall can use Lionheart, Tidus can use Ultima Weapon, etc.

ah
ok,

Cloud does Omnislash :D

HUELEN10

[Wii]
◆ 428
Sega X Chunsoft/2008
- Games you guys wont care about

Seriously though, ANYTHING about Sonic and the Black Knight at all?!?!?!?!!?

I am not being sarcastic at all when I say it is one of my most anticipated Wii games.

can anyone with the mad confirm the rumor that MS paid for the FF 13 breach of contract with sony, and that the release date for the game is summer 09 for japan and the end of 09 for NA/EU?

soul

BLaZiN PRopHeT said:
can anyone with the mad confirm the rumor that MS paid for the FF 13 breach of contract with sony, and that the release date for the game is summer 09 for japan and the end of 09 for NA/EU?

still no FF13 scans on my end, if it's really in the issue it'll surface soon

Tenbatsu

Captain Rainbow looks really really nice.

Allan Holdsworth said:
What is that monster in the Captain Rainbow scan? And the dog looking thing?
Dog is from Giftpia and the Monster is from Devil World.

Dascu

I love the graphic style in Captain Rainbow, it's very "Clover-esque". Some better info on the actual gameplay would be nice though.

acm2000

Pop On Arrival said:
Guess I'm going with the 360 version of the Beijing Olympics then.

since when do famitsu scores have ANY relevance at all? especially for choosing a version... :lol

the-iek

hell yeah, inazuma eleven! just found out that it'll be released in a few weeks, now i'n thinking about importing it.

the-iek said:
hell yeah, inazuma eleven! just found out that it'll be released in a few weeks, now i'n thinking about importing it.

Yeah me too. Might just import try my best to get through it.. :)

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
kobashi100 said:
Inazuma Eleven baby!

I so hope this gets a western release! very much doubt it though.

wat? if crazy Layton can get a release here why not Izuma? plus Level-5 are pretty generous when it comes to localizing their games (all of them are)

the-iek said:
If someone picks up the anime whenever it comes out, I'm sure the game will be brought over.

duckroll

Hey Tenbatsu, the 14th Member in KH DS is Xion. It's keeping with the "X" in each of the names of the members. :)

Jinfash said:
wat? if crazy Layton can get a release here why not Izuma? plus Level-5 are pretty generous when it comes to localizing their games (all of them are)

Where the fuck is Layton 2. :(

Tenbatsu

Himuro said:
why does it have 6 nipples
Cause its from this chinese word 通, pronounce as 'Tong' in chinese or Tsu in japanese.

duckroll said:
Hey Tenbatsu, the 14th Member in KH DS is Xion. It's keeping with the "X" in each of the names of the members. :)
Thanks, I am a noob when it comes to Kingdom Hearts:(

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
acm2000 said:
since when do famitsu scores have ANY relevance at all? especially for choosing a version... :lol

Erm...

I might not agree with 1up's (or any other western outlet, just as an example) scoring in general but if they give a game a 4.0, I can be reasonably certain that the game is abominable shit. This score puts Beijing Olympics in the bottom 10 or so games Famitsu has ever reviewed.

I would say that Famitsu has a lot of shitty review, coverage is moneyhatted, and they get things wrong--and I'm not one for taking their reviews seriously, but I can't think a single case where a game getting under 20/40 was anything better than abominable. 19/40 is the domain of Simple Series and awful Pachislot games. 16/40 is the domain of truly new grounds being broken in the field of failure.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Inazuma Eleven, the most interesting Level 5 game ever IMO. I hope it's great (and released in the US). :)

Nintendo ideally could localize Inazuma Eleven, but I imagine it's a gargantuan task for something that has a pretty decent potential of bombing in America.

Top Bottom