• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Weekly Famitsu Thread 6/8/08

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
ShockingAlberto said:
Nintendo ideally could localize Inazuma Eleven, but I imagine it's a gargantuan task for something that has a pretty decent potential of bombing in America.

Just want my PAL Version xD

hteng

Banned
OMFG FINALLY SOME SRWZ NEWS!!!

you can see the new scans at superrobotwar wordpress

can't fucking wait!!! The epic battle awaits!

king zell

Inazuma Eleven could be really big in Europe if they did the TV show too like Captain Tsubasa ,

by the way where is my Captain Tsubasa DS Konami ?

CTLance

Ooooh, Captain Tsubasa. Nostalgia.

They're effing stupid if they don't release Inazuma Eleven in Europe. We're freaking nutcases when it comes to soccer.

Jinfash said:
wat? if crazy Layton can get a release here why not Izuma? plus Level-5 are pretty generous when it comes to localizing their games (all of them are)
This one is self-published like Layton though. Nintendo picked up Layton for the overseas release. I don't see L5 publishing any game in the west in the forseeable future.

king zell said:
Inazuma Eleven could be really big in Europe if they did the TV show too like Captain Tsubasa ,

Yeah, I think so too. But if they want to launch alongside a yet to be released in Japan Anime I fear we would've to wait a long time.

Maybe it could even work without the Anime, just push some ads in the kid's programs running Anime series and you're bound to get some decent sales.

CTLance said:
Ooooh, Captain Tsubasa. Nostalgia.

They're effing stupid if they don't release Inazuma Eleven in Europe. We're freaking nutcases when it comes to soccer.
Argh, fooootball. ;)

Inazuma Eleven could be a total success in Europe, without Anime, just a nice ad's with a Captain Tusbasa feeling and just wait to the bags fulls of money...

Hell, could it sell tons of games just in Spain, just with the Captain Tsubasa nostalgia....

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
king zell said:

Konami ? since when Konami own Tsubasa's IP ? it's Shueisha call since they are the publisher for Captain Tsubasa and own it's rights , last one for PS2 was from Bandai Namco so I guess if there is new one it will be Bandai Namco unless it was a deal for just for one game .

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
farnham said:
isnt inazuma slated for wii as well

36 is really good for a new IP in japan
They never confirmed what console they're making it for, but Wii is the safest bet.

Mojojo

jj984jj said:
They never confirmed what console they're making it for, but Wii is the safest bet.

There was a case last gen, a company made a game for GBA and one for PS2 and you could use codes from one game to unlock stuff in the other. Might have been Square Enix, but I can't remember what games were involved.

jibblypop

Banned
Inazuma Eleven sounds so awesome! I really hope they bring it to North America but I'm going to guess the chances of that are next to nothing.

farnham

Banned
Mojojo said:
There was a case last gen, a company made a game for GBA and one for PS2 and you could use codes from one game to unlock stuff in the other. Might have been Square Enix, but I can't remember what games were involved.
I think you mean Dobutsu No Mori for GC... You could unlock stuff on an Island if you had a GBA...

Similar stuff was on Splintercell 1 for GC and GBA

ivysaur12

Banned
Mojojo said:

Xenosaga I&II and Xenosaga III.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Haha, Ven getting smaller and having to face Lucifer. From what I heard the Fairy Godmother does it to him I wonder how that will help. :lol

And yay for finally seeing Aqua in-game! I want to see her in action.

Maleficent <3. I love the fact that she's always trying to acquire castles wherever she goes.

Edit: From one screen in the Lucifer fight it looks like the QTEs won't be restricted to the triangle button like in KH2. Don't know if I want, I hope they don't abuse of QTE randomness like in GoW2 and GoW Chains.

SE seems to be outdoing themselves with these handheld titles.

Both KH games look awesome (especially Birth by Sleep) and Dissidia just keeps on getting better and better.

Dissidia might be the first PSP game I import.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Why does the in-game characters on 358/2 look so good?
I don't mean the cut scenes obviously, but the in game shots looks leaps over FF4...

duckroll

Alaluef said:
Edit: From one screen in the Lucifer fight it looks like the QTEs won't be restricted to the triangle button like in KH2. Don't know if I want, I hope they don't abuse of QTE randomness like in GoW2 and GoW Chains.

Or they could have changed the reaction command button. Triangle is used for skills and command options in BbS, so it's possible they just moved the reaction command button.

Masked Man

I said wow
Tenbatsu said:
&#9670; Captain Rainbow
- Nintendo/Aug 28th/6800 Yen
New islanders
- Takamaru
- Devil from Devil World
- Mabo from Giftpia
- Famicom Soldier from Famicom Wars
- Tracy from Zelda: Link's Awakening
- Tao from Giftpia

Takamaru alone makes me incredibly excited for this game*.

*Which will never be localized because NoA hates localizing awesome Japanese games**.

**See "MOTHER 3."

Fuu

duckroll said:
Or they could have changed the reaction command button. Triangle is used for skills and command options in BbS, so it's possible they just moved the reaction command button.
Great, I'd rather have that. I liked how it was implemented in KH2 with specific moves mapped to triangle depending on the enemy stance instead of a mini-game of random buttons. Looks like they'll expand on that then.

B.K.

duckroll said:
They're not even the same continuity! :D

Sure they are. At the end of I&II, it said To Be Continued in Episode III. The PS2 Episode I and II are the ones that aren't in the continuity anymore. Takahashi himself said I&II is canon.

GhaleonQ

Tenbatsu said:
&#9670; Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep
- First appearance of the Snow White world

Woo!

Also, Inazuma 11 and a post-traumatic stress disorder Famicom Wars soldier? Yes, please.

d+pad

ivysaur12 said:
I'm so psyched for Captain Rainbow, it better be localized.

I hope you're right, but I doubt it. I'm buying it regardless, though - even if I can't understand a word. It looks to wacky to pass up :lol

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
duckroll said:
Where the fuck is Layton 2. :(

i'm sure i heard about it being localized :/ they gave it a title and all (something like devil's box). unless that was only the translated title that gaming sites started using.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
FFXIII CHRISTMAS '09 :O
i'm one of many who thought i won't come till late 2010

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
duckroll said:
Stop posting lies. I already locked the thread after shaming Himuro. Don't let his shame be in vain. :(

so no talks of release dates next week? :(
someone needs to get shamed!

EDIT: btw you're right ducky (duh!) no talks of Layton 2 localization anywhere, people just translated the title (Akuma no Hako) to "devil's box" and "pandora's box" and started using it when referring to the game :(

i honestly thought it would get localized... it needs to get localized.

FrankT

duckroll said:
Stop posting lies. I already locked the thread after shaming Himuro. Don't let his shame be in vain. :(

It was a question if the source material was real far from saying it was in fact real. Not to mention the fact I saw nothing from Himuro.

Caelestis

Volcynika said:
What were the comments about Sigma Harmonics?
I am curious about this, too. The score that they gave seems kind of low, but I hope that the game will still be good.

Fuu

John Harker said:
Why does the in-game characters on 358/2 look so good?
I don't mean the cut scenes obviously, but the in game shots looks leaps over FF4...
I just watched some gameplay footage from IGN's DK&#931;3713 video and 358/2 looks even better than I expected in motion. Can't wait to see how the multiplayer aspect will play out.

Tenbatsu

Seems not much people care bout Sky Crawlers, anw Kotobukiya is coming up with a model of 1/72 &#25955;&#39321;&#12510;&#12540;&#12463;B aka Sanga Mark B for 5040 Yen.
c20080805_sanka_04_cs1w1_640x480.jpg

Top Bottom