• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Weekly Famitsu Thread

Tenbatsu

CROSS REVIEW
【Wii】
■Narnia Prince Caspian | 7-7-6-6(26/40)
■Super Mario Stadium: Family Baseball | 7-7-7-8(29/40)
■Harukanaru Toki no Naka de 4 | 8-8-7-8(31/40)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
【NDS】
■Spectral Force Genesis | 6-6-6-6(24/40)
■Ohimesama Debut | 7-7-6-6(26/40)
■My Pony | 5-6-4-5(20/40)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
【PS2】
■Harukanaru Toki no Naka de 4 | 8-8-7-8(31/40)
【PSP】
■Super Robot Wars A PORTABLE | 8-7-7-8(30/40)
【Xbox360】
■Flatout Ultimate Carnage | 7-7-7-6(27/40)

NEW TITLES
【PS3】
■Way of the Samurai 3
- 2008 release/Spike
- Co produce by Acquire X Spike
【Wii】
■Wario Land Shake / Nintendo / July 24th / 5800YEN
- Feature anime cut scenes from Production I.G.
- Same screens from those in the Wario Land Shake thread
【DS】
■RIZ-ZOAWD/ Winter / D3
- RPG
- Developer: Media Vision (Wild Arms)
- Characters are controlled by a track ball on the DS touch screen.
- Composers are Michiko Naruke and Hitoshi Sakimoto.
■Sigma Harmonics
- Daisuke Ono will be voicing Sigma Kurogami
- Aya Hirano will be voicing Neon Tsukiyumi, she'll also be singing the theme song "Harmonia Vita"
■Neon Genesis Evangelion Ayanami Ikusei Keikaku DS with Asuka Hokan Keikaku / Broccoli / Aug 28th / 5040YEN

RELEASE CALENDER
【DS】
■RIZ-ZOAWD / Winter / D3
■Neon Genesis Evangelion Ayanami Ikusei Keikaku DS with Asuka Hokan Keikaku / Broccoli / Aug 28th / 5040YEN
【PS3】
■Ninja Gaiden Sigma BEST / July 3rd / 3800YEN
■Call of Duty 4 Special Limited Edition / July 3rd / 7480YEN
■Boku no Natsuyasumi 3 BEST / July 3rd / 3800YEN
■Ratchet & Clank FUTURE BEST / July 3rd / 3800YEN
■Playstation Eye / July 24th / 5000YEN
■Saints Row2 / THQ / 2008 Release / 7140YEN
【PSP】
■Way of the Samurai Portable / Spike / 2008 / 3999YEN
【Xbox360】
■Call of Duty 4 Special Limited Edition / July 3rd / 7480YEN
■Infinite Undiscovery / Square Enix / Sep 11th / 8190YEN
■Saints Row2 / THQ / 2008 Release / 7140YEN
■Last Remnant / Square Enix / 2008 Release
■GRID / Codemasters / 2008 Release 

batbeg

:eek: Media Vision doing a DS RPG, cool.

:eek: Acquire doing Way of the Samurai 3, they're keeping themselves busy.

Kafel

Banned
Tenbatsu said:
【PS3】

【Xbox360】
■Last Remnant / Square Enix / 2008 Release

hmmm

soul

Kafel said:
Yes but the PS3 version in 2009 ?

I don't know, but if will be released next year you'd be suprised? Development on the 360 version [probably] started a lot sooner, and MS probably moneyhatted S-E.

soul said:
I don't know, but if will be released next year you'd be suprised? Development on the 360 version [probably] started a lot sooner, and MS probably moneyhatted S-E.

It's a UE3 game, so MS probably didn't have moneyhat it.

Dascu

That RIZ-ZOAWD game has extremely nice graphics. It seems to be based on The Wizard of Oz (anagram too).

Tenbatsu

Dascu said:
That RIZ-ZOAWD game has extremely nice graphics. It seems to be based on The Wizard of Oz (anagram too).
Yeah and the characters are controlled by a track ball on the DS touch screen.

Tain

■Way of the Samurai 3
- 2008 release/Spike

I decided to start Way of the Samurai this week, and it's cool so far. This could be awesome.

Nolan.

soul said:

Square announced that the wanted to support each platform equally. So I doubt ms needed to moneyhat the game. My guess is it's just their way of making it seem like they're showing support for the platform.

soul

Nolan. said:
Square announced that the wanted to support each platform equally. So I doubt ms needed to moneyhat the game. My guess is it's just their way of making it seem like they're showing support for the platform.

Unless S-E announces Star Ocean TLH will be released on the PS3 as well I don't see how they support each console "equally", since the 360 is getting a lot of back from the company as of late. Not that I personally mind, I love to play some RPG's on my xbox, I just wanted something to play on my PS3 as well during that time.

Nolan.

soul said:
Unless S-E announces Star Ocean TLH will be released on the PS3 as well I don't see how they support each console "equally", since the 360 is getting a lot of back from the company as of late. Not that I personally mind, I love to play some RPG's on my xbox, I just wanted something to play on my PS3 as well during that time.

I think in some peoples eyes FFXIII and vs automatically makes support seem strong enough no matter what the others get. Though like you said i'd like something to play on the ps3 myself. I have a 360 but really can't be asked to buy one version of a game only for another (usually) updated version to be released later.

HUELEN10

Dascu said:
Captain Syrup is in Wario land Shake. There also seems to be some sort of Viking villain.
Has it been confirmed her name is Maple? Also, what is the story? Furthermore, is ths game related to an Anime tie-in at all?

Durante

Nolan. said:
I have a 360 but really can't be asked to buy one version of a game only for another (usually) updated version to be released later.
As a OCD gamer, this is what annoys me most about all the timed exclusivity deals. At least let us buy the additional stuff as DLC!

soul

Nolan. said:
I think in some peoples eyes FFXIII and vs automatically makes support seem strong enough no matter what the others get. Though like you said i'd like something to play on the ps3 myself. I have a 360 but really can't be asked to buy one version of a game only for another (usually) updated version to be released later.

Although FF13 and Versus 13 seem to be their biggest projects, the 360 gets a lot more support in my eyes, not to mention the titles have an actual release date :lol

Dascu

Durante said:
Ugh, looking at RIZ-ZOAWD I once again wish developers wouldn't do full 3D games on DS.
Really? I'm all for more 2D games, but the 3D in RIZ-ZOAWD looks really fucking good (although a bit pixelated).

Also: Tidus confirmed for Dissidia, the villain is Jecht. Tidus looks like a girl.

Zoc

I doubt anyone cares but me, but it's interesting to see Ninja Gaiden Sigma back in the budget line. It was supposed to be there months ago, but Tecmo (Itagaki?) didn't want their game "cheapened."

Durante

Dascu said:
Really? I'm all for more 2D games, but the 3D in RIZ-ZOAWD looks really fucking good (although a bit pixelated).
It looks about as good as DS 3D can, which is a small step above "horrible" in my opinion. I just don't understand why more RPGs on the DS don't go fully 2D, or at least mixed 2D/3D -- that has the potential to look so much better, and it worked fine on PS1.

Paracelsus

So that's what was that "next entry of a famous (<.<) action series on PS3" job listing. I tried looking into it but nothing came to the mind.

It was Way of the Samurai 3. >_>

&#12304;PS3&#12305;
&#9632;Way of the Samurai 3
- 2008 release/Spike

YESSSS!!!!

And that new RPG (?¿) for DS looks very good, at least graphically, but it's another promising RPG, and we have some already lol

Gagaman

Tenbatsu said:
&#9632;Wario Land Shake / Nintendo / July 24th / 5800YEN
- Feature anime cut scenes from Production I.G.
- Same screens from those in the Wario Land Shake thread
How awesome? SO awesome.

Troidal

Zoc said:
I doubt anyone cares but me, but it's interesting to see Ninja Gaiden Sigma back in the budget line. It was supposed to be there months ago, but Tecmo (Itagaki?) didn't want their game "cheapened."

Well, Itagaki is gone from Tecmo, right? ;-D

TreIII

Dascu said:
Captain Syrup is in Wario land Shake. There also seems to be some sort of Viking villain.

YES!

Bout damn time they brought her back. Utilizing Production I.G. for the anime cuts is also great stuff. Now this game HAS to be mine..as if I wasn't hyped enough already. :D

batbeg

Ugh at Tidus and Jecht being in Dissidia. I'd somehow convinced myself that FFX wasn't one of the games being featured in this, and now I've been forced to acknowledge it. The models look good, at least.

Kind of surprised nobody has mentioned sporsk's post about Wario World here yet:

sp0rsk said:
It's full 2D. Not only that, but sprites are apparently animated by production I.G.

It's in this weeks famitsu, tis beautiful.

TreIII

Full 2D, eh?

So that thing about Wario's model actually being "2.5D" is a hoax? Good stuff. Wario Land is quickly shaping up to possibly be my "GOTS" (Game of the Summer), with all of this going for it.

tim1138

I wonder what the odds of RIZ-ZOAWD coming stateside are, my wife is a huge Wizard of Oz fan and would be all about that game.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
TreIII said:
Full 2D, eh?

So that thing about Wario's model actually being "2.5D" is a hoax? Good stuff. Wario Land is quickly shaping up to possibly be my "GOTS" (Game of the Summer), with all of this going for it.

Yeah, if you look at the magazine its clearly animated in 2D.

TreIII

sp0rsk said:
Yeah, if you look at the magazine its clearly animated in 2D.

Yeah, I see it now, though the quality of the scan out there isn't all that great. I await direct feed!

Any way, I can only imagine the banking that Ninty is putting into this title. I really hope it's a success; not only for this game's sake, but maybe to serve as an incentive for Nintendo and others to do more games of this style on the Wii.

Good Feel (the guys developing this title) were former Konami heads...maybe their next project is to co-op with IGA for the sake of the inevitable Wii-Castlevania title? A 2D console CV with WLS' graphical quality would be heavenly...

&#12304;PS3&#12305;
&#9632;Way of the Samurai 3
- 2008 release/Spike

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!!!!!!!! ACQUIRE IS KING!

&#12304;PSP&#12305;
&#9632;Way of the Samurai Portable / Spike / 2008 / 3999YEN

YES! AMAZING!

I'm so happy right now. Acquire is awesome. Returning to Tenchu, next gen WotS, and now a portable WotS. Sooo Good.

Top Bottom