• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Weekly Famitsu Thread

NeoUltima

Not quite on-topic, but looks like SE has announced a summer event. Aug. 2nd and 3rd
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/880/880864p1.html

"Some major titles are going to appear at the event. Here's the full announced list:

Final Fantasy XIII
Final Fantasy Versus XIII
Final Fantasy Agito XIII
Kingdom Hearts Coded
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep
Dissidia Final Fantasy
The 3rd Birthday (Parasite Eve mobile game)
Sigma Harmonics
Final Fantasy VII Advent Children Complete

It's currently what will be playable and what will be video-only."

batbeg

Dascu said:
There's better scans out for RIZ-ZOAWD.

It looks amazing.

Oh my God, it really does. I'm very interested in finding out how this one plays, it looks so fantastic.

Linkzg said:
I'm so happy right now. Acquire is awesome. Returning to Tenchu, next gen WotS, and now a portable WotS. Sooo Good.

It just says Spike, not Acquire on the portable game though.

Acid08

Banned
NeoUltima said:
Not quite on-topic, but looks like SE has announced a summer event. Aug. 2nd and 3rd

"Some major titles are going to appear at the event. Here's the full announced list:

Final Fantasy XIII
Final Fantasy Agito XIII
Kingdom Hearts Coded
Dissidia Final Fantasy
Sigma Harmonics

I read that as Final Fantasy VII Complete. I thought the remake was finally coming :(. Now I'm horribly dissapointed.

batbeg said:
It just says Spike, not Acquire on the portable game though.

Yeah, but it looks to be a port of WotS1 for the PSP, so it still has old Acquire awesome as part of it.

RIZ-ZOAWD also looks amazing.

WotS3 doesn't look amazing graphically, but the past games weren't good graphically either. It doesn't look as good as Kenzan.

Akai

RIZ-ZOAWD is truly WOW-worthy...Plus a game inspired by one of the most classic films of all-time? Please be good!

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Not only RIZ-ZOAWD looks great but the game system caught my interest.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
RIZ-ZOAWD looks great, why does the world have to be fully 3D though? I hope the camera doesn't get in the way, it looks like you can move pretty fast. Anybody have any details? Nobou Nakazawa is a planner, that's all I can really figure out.

Zilch

Banned
Are the new Sigma Harmonics scans from Famitsu? It looks good, the battle scenes remind me a lot of FFVIII.

batbeg

Zilch said:
Are the new Sigma Harmonics scans from Famitsu? It looks good, the battle scenes remind me a lot of FFVIII.

I think they are, not that it really matters, all Japanese Magazine news really goes in the same place. And it does look pretty good, just wish I could figure out what the hell is going on in the game. I still don't understand it at all :lol

Interesting swordskirt or... something.

Nolan. said:
Square announced that the wanted to support each platform equally. So I doubt ms needed to moneyhat the game. My guess is it's just their way of making it seem like they're showing support for the platform.

LOL Doubtful, my guess is that Microsoft money hatted them. Sony money hatted them to get FFXIII and FFvXIII.

pulga

Banned
Holy shit, RIZ-ZOAWD is looking amazing. Looks to be based on "The Wizard of Oz".

Apparently RIZ-ZOAWD is an anagram for WIZARD-OZ.

jrricky

Banned
NeoUltima said:

Final Fantasy XIII
Final Fantasy Agito XIII
Kingdom Hearts Coded
Dissidia Final Fantasy
Sigma Harmonics

When was this announced? On what platform?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
jj984jj said:
Coded? No, that's the mobile game by Crisis Core director Tabata.

Holy Shit, you`re fast :eek:
yes, i read it wrong... :-D

NeoUltima said:

Final Fantasy XIII
Final Fantasy Agito XIII
Kingdom Hearts Coded
Dissidia Final Fantasy
Sigma Harmonics

Damn, just looking at that list, you'd think Sony is still king in Japan.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
cw_sasuke said:
Holy Shit, you`re fast :eek:
yes, i read it wrong... :-D
:lol Yeah, I'm hoping for more info (on RIZ-ZOWAD and WotS3) so I'm checking the thread periodically.

Fritz

Sigma and RIZ do look pretty amazing. And its two new IPs as well. Im pretty pleased.
I also approve of card-based and traditional turn-based battles. Moreover, it looks like both games have quite detailed battle animations. Hard to tell purely from the scans tho. Gosh, I hope we'll get some more info soon.

Cedille

The scan of Famitsu says the composers of RIZ ZOAWD are Michiko Naruke and Hitoshi Sakimoto.

You can add this to OP?

Netto-kun

Sigma Harmonics
- Daisuke Ono will be voicing Sigma Kurogami
- Aya Hirano will be voicing Neon Tsukiyumi, she'll also be singing the theme song "Harmonia Vita"

jiggle

The new Dissidia page looks awesome. Knew Tidus would be there since that FMV showing. Surprised they chose Jecht as the villain though. Too bad no clean scan yet :(

Fritz

titiklabingapat said:
Damn, just looking at that list, you'd think Sony is still king in Japan.

You might laugh at this, but considering all the up-streaming talk lately, I start to believe that companies like S-E just wait till its the right time for the Wii to get the up-market stuff they produce. I'ld guess we get the first games after animal crossing hits so maybe Q1 09 at the earliest. But thats just a stupid quess. Hopefully those are gonna be new IPs as well then, cause Im sick of all the recycling.
And, please dont take this as an incentive for another round of consolewars. Every console will get its fair share of course.

Durante

Netto-kun said:
Sigma Harmonics
- Aya Hirano will be voicing Neon Tsukiyumi, she'll also be singing the theme song "Harmonia Vita"
Oh wow. Good thing most DS games are easy to undub.

jiggle said:
The new Dissidia page looks awesome. Knew Tidus would be there since that FMV showing. Surprised they chose Jecht as the villain though. Too bad no clean scan yet :(

Apart from Seymour, I can't really think who else could be the villian. Sin might be a little bit unbalanced.

If Dissidia does become a franchise, it's going to be difficult to keep up with the equal balance of goodies and baddies from each title. Some FFs have a whole host of suitable candidates (the judges in FFXII, the Turks in VII), but some don't have that many.

Tenbatsu

Cedille said:
The scan of Famitsu says the composers of RIZ ZOAWD are Michiko Naruke and Hitoshi Sakimoto.

You can add this to OP?

Netto-kun said:
Sigma Harmonics

Added thanks!!

Link

The Autumn Wind
Fritz said:
You might laugh at this, but considering all the up-streaming talk lately, I start to believe that companies like S-E just wait till its the right time for the Wii to get the up-market stuff they produce. I'ld guess we get the first games after animal crossing hits so maybe Q1 09 at the earliest. But thats just a stupid quess. Hopefully those are gonna be new IPs as well then, cause Im sick of all the recycling.
And, please dont take this as an incentive for another round of consolewars. Every console will get its fair share of course.
I just think they aren't interested in the Wii, like most of the other Japanese [EDIT - or Western, for that matter] third parties.

Tenbatsu

Link said:
I just think they aren't interested in the Wii, like most of the other Japanese [EDIT - or Western, for that matter] third parties.
At least its starting to pick up now with Tenchu 4, Rune Factory etc. Capcom should have something up their sleeves too other than Monster hunter 3.

jiggle

Die Squirrel Die said:
Apart from Seymour, I can't really think who else could be the villian. Sin might be a little bit unbalanced.

If Dissidia does become a franchise, it's going to be difficult to keep up with the equal balance of goodies and baddies from each title. Some FFs have a whole host of suitable candidates (the judges in FFXII, the Turks in VII), but some don't have that many.

I rather see them expand into other games, like the 3 main FFs that won't(?) make it in, and side games like FFT, vsXIII etc.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Cianalas said:
Wait. Is this a rerelease of a rerelease? I'm confused.

BEST is The japanese version of Greatest Hits.

Agent Icebeezy said:
They are fucking wrong about Flatout.

I guess you could say...they're flatout wrong?

Fritz

Link said:

Well, even if they dont want to make money, at some point they will be called to account.

Top Bottom