• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Weight Loss Before/After Thread! (with pics)

lsslave

Jew Gamer
RiskyChris said:
I seriously want to throw people through a window sometimes. Very frustrating and counter productive.

Hey guess what they've been saying the same thing to me for the past 20 pounds and I still have a gut to flatten up.

Yeah, I am sticking to my diet hardcore lately, I have lost about 20 pounds since me and my ex officially broke up (2 weeks today)

Canti said:
Some great advice from puppetslave, all of which I can relate to. It's good to see this thread bumped, seeing gaffers amazing results back in December is one of the things that pushed me to lose weight this year.

I didn't even take any before pictures because, to be honest, I didn't think I'd be able to stick with it. Since about the age of 11 I had been overweight. Not obese, but so much that I was occasionally bullied at school because of it (which makes you more depressed and gain more weight). Luckily I grew into a lot of it by the time I was 18, but ever since then had been walking around with a beer belly.

Several times in the past I had tried weight loss and caved after a couple of weeks, I guess I just assumed I'd be overweight forever. In the last 6 months I've managed to lose 50 lbs. For me I had to be fairly strict with myself, counting calories etc, as I have that "just one more" mentality when eating. At first I was just eating a lot less which was totally the wrong way to go about it. After switching to much healthier foods the weight loss was slower but I was rarely hungry. I read a lot of people saying "I quit junk food and now I can't stand the stuff, eww". For me that is BS :lol I still think candy/soda/burgers are delicious, so every day is still a struggle (though I have the occasional treat).

After about 4 months I got into exercising too, nothing extreme (just some daily dumbbells, running and sit-ups/push-ups) but it really improved my energy levels and some really noticeable results with toning up. TV tries to shill quick fix solutions but I guess it just comes down to determination, no fancy equipment or fad diets required. Now at nearly 24 I feel I'm not only in the best shape of my life, but moreso than the average person my age, which is awesome.

So thanks again to the many inspiring gaffers in this thread that helped change my life :)

That is great man! :) Just make sure you have fun the entire time you do it, and change your lifestyle. Taking the stairs over the elevator is just as good as a stairmaster but you can squeeze it into your daily routine so you don't feel like you're low on time!

Rice-Eater said:
This thread is kind of inspiring me to start working out. Not to lose more weight although i still have some fat, but to get that ripped body that I've always wanted. The most I ever weighed was 230 about 6 years ago. Right now I'm 147(height is 5'7). People say I'm too skinny but I don't get it. I'm not bony at all, just about ok I guess. I'd love to get back into lifting and shed some more fat and gain muscle so I can have the body I've always wanted.

Building mass is just as hard as losing it, especially good mass. Don't fall for a bunch of gym "nutrients" that aren't very good, on days you work out make sure you eat eggs for breakfast and a high-protein supper.

If you really want to work hard one day have a high carb meal the night before, there is a reason a lot of athletes eat pasta!

BlueTsunami said:
Wow, I'm surprised that some of you skinny dudes were BBWs. I personally have been going up and down for the past few years.

I've actually been drinking an assload of water recently and cut out Coca Cola (nearly completely). I've already thinned out in the face.

Soda is one of the biggest weight-gainers out there, if Coke weren't so damn addictive my weight loss would have been easier.

I am now stuck with a Coke Zero addiction...
fuckers making a 0 calorie soda that tastes fucking awesome... BASTARDS ;.;

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
Rice-Eater said:
This thread is kind of inspiring me to start working out. Not to lose more weight although i still have some fat, but to get that ripped body that I've always wanted. The most I ever weighed was 230 about 6 years ago. Right now I'm 147(height is 5'7). People say I'm too skinny but I don't get it. I'm not bony at all, just about ok I guess. I'd love to get back into lifting and shed some more fat and gain muscle so I can have the body I've always wanted.

5'7 and 147, you're right where you want to be, however on the low spectrum. You should try to gain some weight to around 152 and start lifting. I found this one works best when training people of your body type who are tying to get started. You can find it cheaper elsewhere. Try to have it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. An amino-acid supplement is essential for you, I recommend this one. but be warned, they are giant horse pills and some people have to break them down.

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
lsslave said:
Building mass is just as hard as losing it, especially good mass. Don't fall for a bunch of gym "nutrients" that aren't very good, on days you work out make sure you eat eggs for breakfast and a high-protein supper.

If you really want to work hard one day have a high carb meal the night before, there is a reason a lot of athletes eat pasta!

Building mass is far more difficult than loosing fat, and a lot of these "nutrients" are much better at building mass than eating eggs every morning, as that's a recipe for off the charts LDL and triglycerides.

GoutPatrol

Forgotten in his cell
I have recently lost weight myself. I started the year at 290 (I'm 5'10) and I've gotten down to 230. No before/after pictures now, I don't wanna do that until I reach 200.

Sallokin

GoutPatrol said:
I have recently lost weight myself. I started the year at 290 (I'm 5'10) and I've gotten down to 230. No before/after pictures now, I don't wanna do that until I reach 200.

You've lost 60 pounds which is exactly what I need to drop (240 5'10"). I'm curious if you have an issue with lose skin. That's sort of my biggest fear.

UltimaKilo said:
Building mass is far more difficult than loosing fat, and a lot of these "nutrients" are much better at building mass than eating eggs every morning, as that's a recipe for off the charts LDL and triglycerides.

The only LDL you should worry about is the small, super dense kind that can get easily oxidized and is caused by eating carbs, especially refined ones - not eggs. A high fat, moderate protein, low carb diet will lower triglycerides as well. Go ahead and eat your eggs, worry free.

peterjackson-before.jpg

peter_jackson.jpg

This is probably the biggest change I've seen in recent memory. I was in disbelief.

Ace 8095

UltimaKilo said:
I can't believe you're stating in a weight loss thread that eggs are bad. That is simply ridiculous. Eggs are one of the most filling, cheapest, and convenient source of calories around. Spewing the idiotic dogma that saturated fats are evil will only hurt people who are overweight.

Not the best pictures in the world, I am at work so bear with me.

In college last year I topped out at about 186 lbs. I am 5'9". Here is a picture for reference.

n18807714_32946910_6263.jpg

I was not happy to say the least. So I have been doing some better eating, and running. As of the past 2 weeks I have been being really bad running wise (just started full time job, and it's a bit draining), but I should be back into things soon.

As of the current time, I am 168lbs looking to drop to 160. Here are a few pics of me taken recently.

Me and my GF at end of year party for college band

2966_88943938488_50358488_1628445_.jpg

Me and my sister who was dressed up for her senior prom.

4198_204548105077_769720077_7091949.jpg

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Peter Jackson went from Jolly Overweight to Indie Mysterious. Which is the panty dropper? Yeah, that's right.

Got bored and found a bunch of pics of my fat self on my mom's computer.

PICT0201.jpg

At my heaviest in Florida on vacation. About 320 pounds here.

PICT0508.jpg

About 6-7 months after I started losing weight. Not sure how much I weighed here. I lost the spreadsheet where I kept track of my weight loss.

PICT0646.jpg

Picture I took about 10 mins ago. I'm at 195 right now. People tell me I am too skinny, but I can't really do anything about it. I don't eat much anymore and live a much more active life.

^^^
I'm guessing you're camera time is off becaus 10 minutes ago I SWEAR it was June 4th. :lol

I'm just playin around but damn you definitely shaped up, congrats man!

I forgot Isslave made this thread. And I cant believe I didn't post my story here(i dont think i did). I dont have pics at the moment( I'm at work signed into my PC remotely, but my pics are on an external drive) but back in June 05 I made myself a personal goal to lose from 227 pounds to 175, and I reached that goal in 2 and a half months.

I started a routine of walking, pushups and situps every other day and stuck to it. When I started walking on my treadmill in my basement, I could just barely make 3/4 of a mile at a slow speed. I was SO out of shape.

After about a week, I was able to hit a mile with no problems. I gradually increased speed and distance until I came to a wall at about 2 miles at a certain speed. Then out of nowhere one day I just broke through that wall and walked 8 miles with no soreness. When you do that, you feel like you can take on anything. I ended up losing a few pounds a week or something. Eventually I started jogging which took a while to get good with. By the time I stopped exercising in September(not the best idea), I was able to run miles in 6 minutes, something I was never able to do in my life.

I cut out all regular soda, didn't eat any snacks unless it was rice cakes or fruits/vegetables. My dinner usually consisted of plain chicken cutlets on a george foreman grill with a side of some jack daniels bbq sauce.

I honestly never thought I'd ever be able to lose weight, but after that, I know pretty much anybody can lose the weight you just need to get motivated and keep the goal ahead of you and work hard.

mernst23

Lionheart1827 said:
^^^
I'm guessing you're camera time is off becaus 10 minutes ago I SWEAR it was June 4th. :lol

I forgot Isslave made this thread. And I cant believe I didn't post my story here(i dont think i did). I dont have pics at the moment( I'm at work signed into my PC remotely, but my pics are on an external drive) but back in June 05 I made myself a personal goal to lose from 227 pounds to 175, and I reached that goal in 2 and a half months.

I started a routine of walking, pushups and situps every other day and stuck to it. When I started walking on my treadmill in my basement, I could just barely make 3/4 of a mile at a slow speed. I was SO out of shape.

After about a week, I was able to hit a mile with no problems. I gradually increased speed and distance until I came to a wall at about 2 miles at a certain speed. Then out of nowhere one day I just broke through that wall and walked 8 miles with no soreness. When you do that, you feel like you can take on anything. I ended up losing a few pounds a week or something. Eventually I started jogging which took a while to get good with. By the time I stopped exercising in September(not the best idea), I was able to run miles in 6 minutes, something I was never able to do in my life.

I cut out all regular soda, didn't eat any snacks unless it was rice cakes or fruits/vegetables. My dinner usually consisted of plain chicken cutlets on a george foreman grill with a side of some jack daniels bbq sauce.

I honestly never thought I'd ever be able to lose weight, but after that, I know pretty much anybody can lose the weight you just need to get motivated and keep the goal ahead of you and work hard.

This is the exact approach I am taking with my weight loss. Started at 262 at the beginning of October. Yesterday I weighed in at 214. Granted, there was a point where I got extremely lazy (had no routine) between December and February because I just started a new job, but I've run 420 miles this year alone already. It started slow for me as well, could barely do 2 miles without being drenched in sweat, but now I can do like 7-8 a day no problem. (Running 2-3 of them) Employed some body weight exercises like pushups and situps, eat low cal. I'd be losing a lot fast but have gotten in the recent habit of just maxing out on weekends, which I will curb. The goal that will make me happy is when my BMI is in the normal range again. 6'0 tall so 184 lbs, but I'm shooting to hit 10 lbs less than my previous low during my adult life, so 160.

lsslave

Jew Gamer
Lionheart1827 said:
^^^

Fantastic man! The most important part of the weight loss is how you feel about yourself :)

Sadly with the music stuff going on I haven't had the time to exercise lately, I have just cut all food out of my diet (1 meal a day with JUST barely enough nutrients to sustain me)

Sallokin said:
You've lost 60 pounds which is exactly what I need to drop (240 5'10"). I'm curious if you have an issue with lose skin. That's sort of my biggest fear.

It depends on your before weight, but if you weighed a LOT you will have loose skin.

I don't let girls see me without my shirt on, because it bugs me. When I have the money I might have some surgery to remove the exess skin, I would have a very nice body right now were it not for the skin, but at 18 years fat and 3 in better shape its hard to get your skin to return to its tightness

X26

Banned
Question: I've been dieting and exercising lately to lose about 15 pounds (I'm 5'8 and currently weigh 170) as well as tone up a bit. Over the last few weeks I've been doing curls and now am seeing what looks like stretch marks where my chest meets my arms (right above the armpits). Is this normal? And will this go away by itself?

Koshiba

lsslave said:
I don't let girls see me without my shirt on, because it bugs me. When I have the money I might have some surgery to remove the exess skin, I would have a very nice body right now were it not for the skin, but at 18 years fat and 3 in better shape its hard to get your skin to return to its tightness

That's how my BF is.. He's dropped 77 pounds. I think the people in this thread have done a great job though. I'm always impressed when people have the will power to actually lose that much weight and change instead of just the people that complain and do nothing. :) I'd post some pics of my BF's weight loss but that might be a little weird though he doesn't browse here he wouldn't know.. Lol. Oh well. :lol

Pein

Banned
I need to start losing weight, I've been putting it off forever now.
My sister just told me she dropped 30 pounds yesterday after dieting hardcore and casually hitting the gym.
This really makes me wanna start because I'm tired of being overweight and out of shape physically.

Pangya

I'm 5'5, and I was around 221 pounds when I was 20 around January 07. I started dieting (eating healthier and less) and threw in some DDR every now and then and managed to hit 161 by January 08. Since I was close to my final classes of uni, I completely ditched my healthy lifestyle and spiked back up to 191 by the time I graduated in June 08. But now I am back on the right track (currently 168) with a target goal of around 150. I absolutely refuse to go back to becoming obese now. The last time I was considered to be normal weight was back in 3rd grade...

dazzgc

Banned
wow mar_ and nintendogal, fucking amazing changes! ive actually gone out of my way to find pics of how i used to be and im pretty shocked. i knew i was thinner from my face and body but i never knew the difference was so huge. i was in massive denial before. i always thought "eh, it could be worse"

n640927060_1503670_4526.jpg

^^novemberish last year? was 96kg

n616582898_1326682_1074.jpg

around the same time period but i had lost a few kg. i think about 92kg~

Photo231.jpg

roughly a month ago, 79ish kg?

Photo345.jpg

last weekend, 76kg~

i think ive done ok :D the goal is 60, then build muscle mass after that

sorry for the largeish pics :p

lsslave

Jew Gamer
Koshiba said:
That's how my BF is.. He's dropped 77 pounds. I think the people in this thread have done a great job though. I'm always impressed when people have the will power to actually lose that much weight and change instead of just the people that complain and do nothing. :) I'd post some pics of my BF's weight loss but that might be a little weird though he doesn't browse here he wouldn't know.. Lol. Oh well. :lol

Yeah, my (now ex) girlfriends shots I put up I got her permission and even let her pick the pictures out (in the show off your SO thread)

I think showing off a SO's pictures without permission is kind of tantamount to CREEPY AS HELL lol

Seriously though, everyone is doing a great job :) I will be HARDCORE back on the weight loss train as soon as I finish mixing/mastering my EP :)

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
No good before & after pics, but since November I've lost 55lbs and over 6" off my waist size. I'm 5'11, male, 44 years old. Primal FTW!

lsslave

Jew Gamer
SteveMeister said:
No good before & after pics, but since November I've lost 55lbs and over 6" off my waist size. I'm 5'11, male, 44 years old. Primal FTW!

Dude, doing it in the middle of your life I imagine is quite hard, CONGRATULATIONS MAN!

hiryu

I've lost 43 pounds since January 6th. We started a biggest loser contest at work and it motivated me to fix myself. I started off with counting calories and started a walking/jogging regimen on the treadmill. I've worked myself up on the treadmill to all jogging and now I jog 5 miles, 3 times a week. About a month ago I started the low carb diet in the book Protein Power and after I finish the two phases in that I think I will go all primal.

The low carb diet has really caused me to start to melt. I no longer have a belt that fits and I need an entire new wardrobe. I look like I'm wearing clown pants but haven't gone shopping because I want to lose about 30 more pounds.

My contest ends in 4 weeks and then I'll start weight lifting at the gym. I've read through Starting Strength and I'm ready to go.

GoutPatrol

Forgotten in his cell
Sallokin said:

Nope. Skin is still all clingy. I do have a problem with losing fat not equally in all parts of my body. My lower thighs near my knees are slim but the tops near the dick are still huge, it looks like a funnel.

ckohler

GoutPatrol said:
Nope. Skin is still all clingy. I do have a problem with losing fat not equally in all parts of my body. My lower thighs near my knees are slim but the tops near the dick are still huge, it looks like a funnel.
I think that's common. I've lost 40 pounds and I have the same issue. I think the fat around there, your belly and your "moobs" is the hardest to loose.

Also, no loose skin issues here and I've lost weight fast (three months).

I don't really have a problem with loose skin.(not much in any case) I think not dropping weight too fast is key.

I am going to regret this I just fucking know it but I am at home now so I'l post some after pics. Don't really have any before pics that are digital. As posted earlier in thread I weighed about 93 kg as the heaviest around march last year.

Weighed 66 kg this morning. Just took these pictures.
Front shot

Side shot

It kinda looks like I sucking in my gut but I am not.

I am not really looking to loose any more weight per se but I do want to lower my fat percentage a bit more though. I go to the gym regular so I think I would notice too much muscle going bye bye. I would have had more muscle if I had started going to gym earlier then christmas though... :\ Lost a lot just dieting like a fool not really knowing what I was doing. Weighed 75 kg when I started going to the gym and I have not gone down in strength since then.

Learn from my mistakes. Go to the gym and weight train.

*edit* Oh I am 6'1 for reference.

I've been overweight since 11, managed to lose about 50 Lbs when I was 16, and then gained them all back.
This is me right before freshman year of college. The highest I got was 257Lbs sophomore year, when I tried to gain muscle mass with protein shakes but stopped working out :lol
1.jpg

End of Junior year. I think I was at like 247 here
2.jpg

A few weeks before graduation (I hate how akward this pic looks.)
3.jpg

Got Wii Fit for my birthday in March, and I've lost almost 30Lbs since I got it
Me yesterday
4.jpg

Me today (weighed in at 205 on Wii Fit today :lol :lol )
5.jpg

I still want to lose 20 Lbs, hopefully before I start work in September

Nazgul_Hunter said:
I've been overweight since 11, managed to lose about 50 Lbs when I was 16, and then gained them all back.
This is me right before freshman year of college. The highest I got was 257Lbs sophomore year, when I tried to gain muscle mass with protein shakes but stopped working out :lol
1.jpg

End of Junior year. I think I was at like 247 here
2.jpg

A few weeks before graduation (I hate how akward this pic looks.)
3.jpg

Got Wii Fit for my birthday in March, and I've lost almost 30Lbs since I got it
Me yesterday
4.jpg

Me today (weighed in at 205 on Wii Fit today :lol :lol )
5.jpg

It really is a big difference. Eat right and keep fighting!

BlueTsunami said:
Wow, I'm surprised that some of you skinny dudes were BBWs. I personally have been going up and down for the past few years.

I've actually been drinking an assload of water recently and cut out Coca Cola (nearly completely). I've already thinned out in the face.

I was never a woman. I was never beautiful. But I was big.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
nastynate409 said:
Got bored and found a bunch of pics of my fat self on my mom's computer.

PICT0201.jpg

At my heaviest in Florida on vacation. About 320 pounds here.

PICT0508.jpg

About 6-7 months after I started losing weight. Not sure how much I weighed here. I lost the spreadsheet where I kept track of my weight loss.

PICT0646.jpg

Picture I took about 10 mins ago. I'm at 195 right now. People tell me I am too skinny, but I can't really do anything about it. I don't eat much anymore and live a much more active life.

Wow. I really should go back to my diet

Nazgul_Hunter said:

Ok, absolutely no homo, but keep going man because you're a good looking man and it'll really show once you finally get to your destination.

_Alkaline_ said:
Ok, absolutely no homo, but keep going man because you're a good looking man and it'll really show once you finally get to your destination.

You can give a man a compliment without being "homo" you know...

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
I'm not a doctor, but surely they'd diagnose/prescribe something if you're having to make a choice between smoking and death.

If you must self medicate, maybe try nicotine gum? Not nearly as addictive as cigarettes but worth a shot.

lsslave

Jew Gamer
teh_pwn said:
I'm not a doctor, but surely they'd diagnose/prescribe something if you're having to make a choice between smoking and death.

If you must self medicate, maybe try nicotine gum? Not nearly as addictive as cigarettes but worth a shot.

There is an option, the medication runs me over 80 bucks a week vs. 30-40 for smokes, and I enjoy smoking more than shitty pills

Can't chew gum, my wisdom teeth & bent jaw caused a tooth to crack, I have an exposed nerve and no dental coverage... I basically brush with sensodyne constantly now haha

123rl

Sallokin said:

In the last two years I've gone down from about 245 to about 190 and I'm 5'11". I've not got a problem with loose skin although I did have some marks around my waist at one point. They have faded and gone now though. I think because I did it safely (no crash diets, just healthy eating and good cardio/fat loss exercise) my body responded well to it. I know people who have gone on fad diets and it's so obvious when you look at them

pubba

Wow - good thread everyone. I feel motivated to get into a health program.

Most of these 'before' photos look great. I would be happy to look like any of the before pictures posted here when I'm finished losing weight :lol

I'm 36, 184cms tall and weigh 120kgs (264 pounds). I've never been skinny but wasn't seriously obese until about 7 years ago when my thyroid shut down (Hashimoto syndrome).

I lost 20 kgs a few years ago by playing DDR every day and was hoping to do that again. However, I bought the new DDR for 360 and the workout mode is shit. It just tracks calories burned during the normal game and there is no separate workout or continuous mode.

Walking or jogging is tough here because it's the beginning of summer and I wouldn't get very far. I'm out of breath walking up 4 flights of stairs each day to get to my office.

So my plan is to go on a low carb diet, buy a Wii and Wii fit and avoid junk food. There are no gyms here and its unbearably hot until November or December.

pubba said:

Most of these 'before' photos look great. I would be happy to look like any of the before pictures posted here when I'm finished losing weight :lol

I'm 36, 184cms tall and weigh 120kgs (264 pounds). I've never been skinny but wasn't seriously obese until about 7 years ago when my thyroid shut down (Hashimoto syndrome).

I lost 20 kgs a few years ago by playing DDR every day and was hoping to do that again. However, I bought the new DDR for 360 and the workout mode is shit. It just tracks calories burned during the normal game and there is no separate workout or continuous mode.

Walking or jogging is tough here because it's the beginning of summer and I wouldn't get very far. I'm out of breath walking up 4 flights of stairs each day to get to my office.

So my plan is to go on a low carb diet, buy a Wii and Wii fit and avoid junk food. There are no gyms here and its unbearably hot until November or December.

Buy a bike. Burn a lot of calories and soft on articulations.

pubba

Cereal KiIIer said:
Buy a bike. Burn a lot of calories and soft on articulations.

That's actually a great idea.. Thanks :D

The area I live in is basically flat. I'll go check out the local bike shop tomorrow. I ride a motorbike but haven't ridden a pushbike in years. That's something I could definitely get into. Cheers

Antagon

pubba said:

I´m about the same length and weight, but 26. I was actually very skinny during high school, but started packing weight afterwards, when I didn´t have to bike 40 kms a day afterwards.

I´ve already started changing eating habits. Mainly better meals in the evening and replacing snacking during the evening with an apple. Also bought a mountainbike last saturday, planning to go out for an hour or so a couple of evenings during the week and do a longer route every weekend or so. Only downside is that every mtb route is at least 20 km. away and I haven´t got a car. Still, public transport here isn´t too bad.

I don't have any pictures...but I do have a story to share, if you want to listen.

I've never been "normal" in comparison to my peers throughout school. Sure I was fit and able to keep up, but that's all I could do "Keep up". I fell into depression around grade 9 as I transitioned into high school and started dealing with a lot of maturity issues, girls and the brutal image I projected of myself but could never live up too.

I did a lot of dumb things and every little academic award I got in school even I would get giddy about and hold it to that of an Oscar. My depression got worse and I just started daydreaming about being with the girls I felt attracted to, having lots of money and so forth. Basically the average dream that every guy or girl has. My problem though was that I didn't put any limit on it and began living those fantasies as truth. Grade 11 rolled around and my mom gave me a credit card and I blew through it in under 6 months, spending a total of $6000 on absolutely useless things that I'd buy to try and make myself happy.

But we all know how those things go, it doesn't make any difference in how you feel emotionally or physically. It finally came to a head when I started University and once again let the daydreams become my reality.

Fast forward to now and it wasn't like this was the first time I'd ever considered losing weight, It wasn't like I was unable to move or walk 10 steps. I was and still am an active person, I hustle in a restaurant, cooking, cleaning, dealing with customers on rare occasions and have a stable "Fine" weight. But I didn't want to expose myself potentially to some serious problems as I got older and realized it'd be easier* and smarter to get the body that will take me over the edge now as an investment in myself.

I tried it seriously for a week, weighed myself every day, watched what I ate even. But at the end of the week I still was the same weight. Beaten I gave up and just said "Maybe this is the way it'll be forever. I'll never feel comfortable talking to that girl or putting myself out there with confidence if I'm always worrying about what people may think about me". But for the first time everything just clicked and I said to myself "No way, not this time. There's no magic pill, no special diet or any chance that God will change me in a blaze of glory:lol"

And as I started reading up on people in excess of 400+ pounds who managed to lose large portions of it in 6-12 months, I said to myself "If they can barely move and manage to lose that much weight, I can lose all of mine and gain some great muscle as well". And it all just started clicking together for me, it's a mindset thing really! "If I can spend money on useless things I don't need and be left without any savings, If I can spend money on a CC that's not mine...Then why can't I burn through excess calories that aren't needed?"

That was two weeks ago. And although it's been a hard start with me still eating the occasional greasy food when I'm feeling down. I'm finding it easier to just say "No. I'm not actually hungry, it's just the emotion I'm feeling or the smell that makes me want to eat".

I worked out hard and pushed myself 3 days ago that I was and still am kind of sore:lol I didn't want to do anything for those two days but realized that if I stopped now, it'd just be easier to stop and fall back into my old habits. So for those two days I did 200 jumps on a trampoline, stretched and did some minor weight lifting. I was still hurting really bad today and after the weights, my entire body was on fire. But for some reason I just have this fire now that I can't put out. I went to the local park and ran half the length of it each time(It's huge by the way) and then would walk briskly around back to the start location and repeat. I ran/walked around the park 4 times and although people walked by me and made me feel embarrassed I kept going anyway(Even running past this stunning brunette <(^_^)>). I followed that up with some serious stretching and a run back home, followed by 200 jumps on the trampoline and a brisk walk till I cooled down a little.

I was sweating like crazy after that! But it felt really damn good being out of breath and feeling my body exert itself. It's a small start and I'll be doing the park thing everyday now since I enjoyed it so much. And I will post a picture here...in 6 months, if anyone read all that ^ and sees this :lol Hold me to it or you guys can troll me for all eternity.

I will post a picture for you guys to finally see me, a picture I am proud of and exudes confidence. It's like a train in my view, it starts slow when working out since you're so out of shape. But when you get going it feels freaking great!

lsslave

Jew Gamer
Good luck Crushdance, Depression can hit for any reason and it is one of the hardest barriers to break but as your confidence grows you will definitely get a good hold on controlling it (AFAIK true depression never leaves, hell I am in a wonderful relationship, lost weight, one member short of a perfect lineup for my band, and I still deal with it, but I can control it!)

Can't wait to see the before and after!

Top Bottom