• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Welcome back, legacyzero. Let's get back to normal.

legacyzero

Banned
On a traditional political spectrum, Resetera is moderate predominantly. They are not moderate in terms of identity politics, but in terms of fiscal policies / economical policies? Sure are. You probably remember the Clinton squadron here? It's not like Clinton was a far left candidate, in fact she was as moderate as moderate gets, dare say she is a neoliberal. Sanders, the actual left wing candidate, was treated like cancer.
My point exactly. Socially, their suuuuuper left. Policy wise, theyll bend over backwards to support a Iraq vote, previously anti-gay marriage, job-crushing corrupt politician if theyd only just spew platitudes about how stronger together we are. It really is baffling.

Yah, it's true that they're obsessed with identity politics and authoritarianism mainly.
And dont get me wrong, I'd vote for my own mother if she was on the ballot. But I also know and care about what she stands for.

They dont care about all that.

Bring up how Warren cosplayed as a Native American for most of her life, and watch the contortions. "You just misrepresented largely what happened!"

Oh diiiiiiid I?? Lol

Last edited:

-Arcadia-

Banned
My point exactly. Socially, their suuuuuper left. Policy wise, theyll bend over backwards to support a Iraq vote, previously anti-gay marriage, job-crushing corrupt politician if theyd only just spew platitudes about how stronger together we are. It really is baffling.

Just going to say that, while I don’t agree with your principles, and hope to change your mind through reasoned, fun, productive debate, I appreciate you sticking to them.

Something that frustrates me about the modern left, is that they seem to have no principles beyond whatever the talking head on TV tells them that evening. It can also completely contradict last night’s message, or liberal orthodoxy for decades, and they’ll be okay with it.

Take for example, the rollback on free speech. Or mysteriously becoming pro-war every time Trump is not for it.

I can’t respect a sheep that’s literally having instructions swapped in and out. I can however, respect and debate with somebody that makes their own mind up, and has some internal logical consistency.

legacyzero

Banned
Just going to say that, while I don’t agree with your principles, and hope to change your mind through reasoned, fun, productive debate, I appreciate you sticking to them.

Something that frustrates me about the modern left, is that they seem to have no principles beyond whatever the talking head on TV tells them that evening. It can also completely contradict last night’s message, or liberal orthodoxy for decades, and they’ll be okay with it.

Take for example, the rollback on free speech. Or mysteriously becoming pro-war every time Trump is not for it.

I can’t respect a sheep that’s literally having instructions swapped in and out. I can however, respect and debate with somebody that makes their own mind up, and has some internal logical consistency.
If I had to give an example of where I am, I'm closest to Kyle Kulinski of Secular Talk

I'm for free speech, but non-legal consequences. But I also dont subscribe to using free speech as a shield to say awful shit in bad faith

I just want a social safety net, healthcare to be covered, corruption out of politics,

Theres so many nations that have figured it out to a degree, And I just want better for people in general.

Tesseract

Banned
we have a social safety net with adequate health coverage, free speech is hate speech (lols bad faith, not dis shittu againu)

you'll never get corruption outta politics, and i think most of us want better lives for the struggling

Last edited:

-Arcadia-

Banned
And don't forget to plug our GoFundMe to get Brap a Nintendo Switch

I can’t wait. To think this is going to be brap brap soon. :messenger_relieved:

3wGb7rp.gif

I'm a Sanders supporter. That's why I wasnt welcome, especially in PoliEra where only moderates and identity voters reside.

One of the posters dead-ass took a policy test, was told he more politically aligns with Bernie, and then said "But I support Warren for other reasons, it just is what it is"

What's most funny is that political threads outside of Poliera were very different.

Aside from GAF burning down it's where a majority of the conversation went.

And no , the only progressive points being given out there were from me. That place is filled with Moderates who dont five a shit about policy, but cry about how "progressive they are."

And any challenge to their stance would always inevitably progress into a "Ohhhh REALLY so what you're saying is you're a ____ist!?"

If the purity test was supporting any of the field other than like 3, I failed miserably.
I'm a Trump supporter, and that's why ReeeeEra would rather see me dead then engage in civil debate. I know a lot of people are shitting all over you right now because of some stunt you pulled in 2017, but so long as you keep things civil you'll get on well here. I guess from where I stand -- welcome back.

legacyzero

Banned
Should probably update your profile then, it says you're in Wisconsin.
Yep, also farmland. What's more funny is I had to move to Nebraska shortly after the Trump tax cuts when the fortune 500 company I work for, outsourced its jobs, leaving me to either leave and make less per year, or move and have a prayer.

Go Huskers.

spons

Gold Member
I never got myself banned on purpose here during the bullshit 2 years ago, but I did go to Era and got banned there when they and that one cunt with borderline personality disorder who shouldn't be allowed near a computer anymore actually managed to facilitate someone's suicide. I don't regret speaking out against it at the time. Fuck 'em.

Yep, also farmland. What's more funny is I had to move to Nebraska shortly after the Trump tax cuts when the fortune 500 company I work for, outsourced its jobs, leaving me to either leave and make less per year, or move and have a prayer.

Go Huskers.
We were fortunate to see the opposite effect. I was making < $40k a year at the time and we were pinching pennies. The tax cut helped us tremendously, we had a couple hundred extra to work with per month. Sorry to hear that you didn't get reap the benefits like we did, but I hope things are better for you now! The economy has been on a massive upswing. A lot of folks on the left try to attribute the booming economy to Obama, but you can't spend 8~ years in what was basically a recession, leave office, and then suddenly the economy takes off. That's just not how that works. BUT this discussion is for another forum, I don't think you want to get into a debate in your own welcome back thread. :)

Corrik

Poliera mainly. OT is a little more spread out, thought youd never see a republican post there unless they knowingly or unknowingly
ConservativeERA is a graveyard. My fiancee was called a racist because she voted for Trump. I was banned once for saying there was 10 reasons I voted for Trump over Clinton.

You cannot be conservative there. And, that is laughable that they started out with good intentions. They were just trying to get their website off the ground.

I never got myself banned on purpose here during the bullshit 2 years ago, but I did go to Era and got banned there when they and that one cunt with borderline personality disorder who shouldn't be allowed near a computer anymore actually managed to facilitate someone's suicide. I don't regret speaking out against it at the time. Fuck 'em.

I got banned during the madness for saying the place was going crazy. I laughed and closed the browser. EviLore EviLore unbanned me a year or so ago. Never signed up for Era cause I knew better.

legacyzero

Banned
ConservativeERA is a graveyard. My fiancee was called a racist because she voted for Trump. I was banned once for saying there was 10 reasons I voted for Trump over Clinton.

You cannot be conservative there. And, that is laughable that they started out with good intentions. They were just trying to get their website off the ground.
Many of those folks might as well say they're conservative, for how moderate they are. And an overwhelming majority of them would absolutely stick a box for Joe fucking Biden, not for policy sake, but simply to try and dethrone Trump. It's literally how fucking stupid they are.

Papa

Banned
You got me all wrong mother fuckers.

My blow up thread was created as I am a prophet and foresaw the coming shift on this site regarding rules.

You can thank me in this thread.

Also, I'm only back because PoliEra said I would be and they love me so goddamn much that they watch my YouTube channel, twitter, and other activity on the internet to smear me as the [checks notes] leftist fighter for equality and, both socially and economically? Buncha fuckin moderates wearing "Progressive" clothing. 🖕🖕

Weird.

The only cringe in that post I'll own is what I guess my tag is. You're too kind lol

Goddammit EviLore EviLore I worked for YEARS for a tag. Didnt know your former God-mod was mass-banning people for no good reason, tho I shouldnt be surprised.

Can we keep it EL? Pretty please?

bitbydeath

legacyzero legacyzero , if you knew it was bad there why did you stay? I bailed in the first few months after I got a warning for asking a question. That’s all it took to realise they were nazis.

So I politely pm’d a mod to close out my account.

After cussing out Matt for being a giant cuck.

Papa

Banned
It was my primary complaint in my ban thread. So you cunts crying about the cringe in that post are only mad because I dared to praise Halo 5, are already taking advantage of the changes that came from that whole drama.

Era, ironically, started out with a basic set of rules that tried to allow it. There were more warnings handed out to try and educated before bans, and conversation was more open with a "good faith rule". I saw more moderation based on that rule than anything else. Then lately, it just reverted back to ban-on-site on even just the most mundane things.

Even the person who tried to defend me who tried to articulate what I said, caught a laughable ban.

Theres no discussion to be had there. Just egg shells and tip toes.

You mean to tell me that gender communists would just lie like that? That they have no honour and would fail to stick to their promises? I don’t believe you, Milkshake Cuck.

legacyzero

Banned
You mean to tell me that gender communists would just lie like that? That they have no honour and would fail to stick to their promises? I don’t believe you, Milkshake Cuck.
I just think that people there are incapable of being principled and honest. And really, unable to have a good faith discussion that doesnt somehow conclude with the person they disagree with being the absolute devil.

Stouffers

Banned
I used to have a tag. I made a thread about being an expert on Atlantis and it stuck. I was banned by Bish for sticking up for Ken Bone and his love of butthole.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
there are few other member pre-Era that pissed off people more on this site when it came to demanding more diversity of thought, conversation, and letting discussion play out before dogpiled and banning by liberal mod happened.

I dont recall my bannings leading up to the perm, but I spent a lot of time, particularly in political threads winding up shitty liberals because I dared to try and keep them honest.
I did that all the time. And then my playmates ran away. Pity.

legacyzero

Banned
Then none of this matters anyway and everyone in justified in all of their actions, right or wrong. You deserved to be banned and your arguments here are nothing more than yelling into the wind. So don't shake your head at me for supporting President Trump and voting for him.
Ok?

Very normal reaction to my answer

Last edited:

Papa

Banned
On a traditional political spectrum, Resetera is moderate predominantly. They are not moderate in terms of identity politics, but in terms of fiscal policies / economical policies? Sure are. You probably remember the Clinton squadron here? It's not like Clinton was a far left candidate, in fact she was as moderate as moderate gets, dare say she is a neoliberal. Sanders, the actual left wing candidate, was treated like cancer.

Only accidentally moderate because that’s where their identity candidate landed. If Clinton was a screeching radical left commie, they would’ve been too. They don’t give a shit about policy unless it coincidentally affirms their identity.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
So you see ResetEra...

...ResetEra...

As politically moderate. And you're far to the left of them.

Fascinating.
Designating anything with only the terns "left" isn't clear in today's politics. If PoliEra is anything like PoliGaf was, then the loudest voices were those who aligned with the establishment, corporate Democratic demographic, i.e. the basic Hillary supporter.

Nowadays, many people associate "left" with liberal social and economic policie, or "SJW stuff" (for lack of a better term).

There was a problem with Bernie supporters getting banned, and the level of tension between the two factions was obvious. The point is, Bernie supporters generally consider themselves more left because of the economic and social policies, not necessarily because of SJW stuff.

That's the main disconnect between what you consider "left of resetera" and what legacyzero legacyzero considers "left of resetera".

The establishment democrats and their allies in the corporate media have taken the "SJW ball" and run with it, as it allows them to better control speech and the narrative. When politicians like Bernie or Trump enter the picture and threaten to burn the whole fucking thing down, the establishment media gets nervous and uses the SJW line of attack on even strong progressives like Bernie and Cenk in order to distract the masses and maintain the corporate status quo.

belmarduk

Only accidentally moderate because that’s where their identity candidate landed. If Clinton was a screeching radical left commie, they would’ve been too. They don’t give a shit about policy unless it coincidentally affirms their identity.

I think Hillary Clinton has been canceled over there due to perceived transphobic comments.

legacyzero

Banned
I think Hillary Clinton has been canceled over there due to perceived transphobic comments.
Psshhhh that sentiment last barely in one thread. These are the same folks that gave Hillary a pass for twice defending a sexual predator, when they'd cancel literally anyone else for the same thing.

Supporting the Iraq War was enough for me.

Thaedolus

Anybody else uncomfortable at a white person using an avatar of a PoC? Digital blackface much???

Dunky’s canceled not just because he used gay slur once but because his own damn voice is considered black face over there

Tesseract

Banned
good night l4d haters who don't know a bottle a peels is a bottle of pills is peels, here

Last edited:
Top Bottom