• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Welcome to St Albans House - Playground Games RPG studio

Dory16

Banned
Incredible to have 2 such talented studios for racing games. The Forza franchise is by far the best in the biz.

I don't know about Playground's suitability for creating such a high expectation RPG with their first foray into the genre. Just because you have made a great open world racer doesn't necessarily mean your very first RPG will deliver. The genres are so different. If you add to that the fact that they are now competing with top notch RPG studios such as Inxile and Obsidian within XGS, the pressure on them is enormous. I think I wish the RPG creation was solely in the hands of those 2 other studios and would rather have had PG create a Mad max/Rage style action game with solid driving elements.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
I think Horizon 5 will come after Motorsport 8, so probably 2022.

I believe that Turn 10 will show Forza Motorsport 8 in three weeks but that it will be a Fall 2021 title and go head to head with Gran Turismo 7. I also believe that in three weeks, it's going to be Playground's coming out party when they finally reveal what is expected to be a gameplay trailer for the Fable reboot and Forza Horizon 5.

I'm fully expecting Forza Horizon 5 to be a launch title. Horizon has surpassed Motorsport in terms of sales, popularity and overall, it's simply the better and more fun racing title. It's going to be a great game to have at launch in my opinion. Plus Playground is extremely efficient and have released Forza Horizon every two years with no decrease in quality whatsoever and in fact, has gotten better.

I do believe that it will be a cross-gen title but that's not going to matter. The game will be an easy 90+ and sell it's few million copies within the first month and surpass the 10m+ players that Forza Horizon 4 has.

But we'll see. I do believe that Horizon SHOULD be the launch title over Motorsport if it's finished and ready to go which I believe it is.

First party wise for launch, im expecting Halo Infinite, Gears Tactics and Forza Horizon 5 which would be an excellent first party lineup without over-saturating and overshadowing their own titles. Plus, they will have a few of those AA titles like The Medium and The Ascent at launch as well as all the Fall/Holiday third party AA and AAA titles.

Xbox Series X console launch is going to be stacked.

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
I believe that Turn 10 will show Forza Motorsport 8 in three weeks but that it will be a Fall 2021 title and go head to head with Gran Turismo 7. I also believe that in three weeks, it's going to be Playground's coming out party when they finally reveal what is expected to be a gameplay trailer for the Fable reboot and Forza Horizon 5.

I'm fully expecting Forza Horizon 5 to be a launch title. Horizon has surpassed Motorsport in terms of sales, popularity and overall, it's simply the better and more fun racing title. It's going to be a great game to have at launch in my opinion. Plus Playground is extremely efficient and have released Forza Horizon every two years with no decrease in quality whatsoever and in fact, has gotten better.

I do believe that it will be a cross-gen title but that's not going to matter. The game will be an easy 90+ and sell it's few million copies within the first month and surpass the 10m+ players that Forza Horizon 4 has.

But we'll see. I do believe that Horizon SHOULD be the launch title over Motorsport if it's finished and ready to go which I believe it is.

First party wise for launch, im expecting Halo Infinite, Gears Tactics and Forza Horizon 5 which would be an excellent first party lineup without over-saturating and overshadowing their own titles. Plus, they will have a few of those AA titles like The Medium and The Ascent at launch as well as all the Fall/Holiday third party AA and AAA titles.

Xbox Series X console launch is going to be stacked.
If you have not noticed, they are also hiring for the Forza team. The new Forza tech in Motorsport 8 is meant for next gen and Horizon 5 will also use that. No way will they release a new game in just 2 years. We know more about Motorsport 8 then Horizon 5.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
If you have not noticed, they are also hiring for the Forza team. The new Forza tech in Motorsport 8 is meant for next gen and Horizon 5 will also use that. No way will they release a new game in just 2 years. We know more about Motorsport 8 then Horizon 5.

I have noticed. The difference is that Motorsport needs a lot more work than Horizon does. Motorsport needs to evolve. Horizon not so much. We'll know in three weeks. I'm sticking with Horizon.

Incredible to have 2 such talented studios for racing games. The Forza franchise is by far the best in the biz.

I don't know about Playground's suitability for creating such a high expectation RPG with their first foray into the genre. Just because you have made a great open world racer doesn't necessarily mean your very first RPG will deliver. The genres are so different. If you add to that the fact that they are now competing with top notch RPG studios such as Inxile and Obsidian within XGS, the pressure on them is enormous. I think I wish the RPG creation was solely in the hands of those 2 other studios and would rather have had PG create a Mad max/Rage style action game with solid driving elements.
This comes up all the time, but doesn't make sense, since Fable is NOT made by the Forza Horizon studio; they are setting up an entirely new studio with new people. Some guy and I counted, and there are six (6) people from Horizon who are now working on Fable. They're aiming to become 200 people. They don't have a pedigree, that's what makes this exciting. Of course the game might not be good, but it won't be because they've previously made racing games (because they haven't, pretty much)

Top Bottom