• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Went to EB to pickup Elebits - Walked out with Elebits & a PS3 :/

I overheard the guys behind the counter talking about having 1 20GB left in the back. I was almost able to walk out with just Elebits, but I couldn't resist. and I don't even want a stupid PS3 :(

Whats the deal with impulse video game purchases?

So it sits in front of me, still in box. Should I open it? Ebay it? Kick it?

stupid video games!

Z_Y

I resisted the urge at Wal-Mart the other day. It was a 20GB or I probably wouldn't have. Having already owned a 60GB (played it and sold it for a small profit) made the decision a lot easier. I will pick one up in the future but right now there is too much good stuff on 360 to warrant another console purchase from me at this moment.

As soon as 60GBs are readily available I will get one though...along with Motorstorm and Resistance (again).

If I were you...I'd ebay it and make a quick $50-$100 on it and buy something nice for your Wii.

edit: Forgot about VF5...I hope there are 60GBs in stores when that drops. PLEASE.

Lhadatt

You are weak.

Ebay it or return it. The demon-infested PS3 will syphon the quality out of any other games you might have - the longer it stays in your possession, the more your gaming life will be harmed.

Avoid destruction! Rid yourself of the doom!

AniHawk

The worst impulse-buy day was when I went into Best Buy to pick up Viewtiful Joe.

Then they had Super Mario Bros 3 for the GBA there ahead of its release date.

And then for the hell of it I picked up Jak II.

Little did I know that the SNES port would be the only good one in the bunch. **** you Kamiya and Naughty Dog.

squarepants said:
So it sits in front of me, still in box. Should I open it? Ebay it? Kick it?

:lol

I still have an unopened PS3 from launch day. I should have eBayed it immediately . . . but now the premium is hardly worth it. With Gears, Rainbow 6, Splinter cell, Saint's Row, Oblivion, etc. . . . the xbox 360 is keeping me plenty busy.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
AniHawk said:
The worst impulse-buy day was when I went into Best Buy to pick up Viewtiful Joe.

Little did I know that the SNES port would be the only good one in the bunch. **** you Kamiya and Naughty Dog.
Well, Viewtiful Joe has excellent visuals, therefore, the game was naturally going to be terrible. What else did you expect?

We all know you are a closet Jak II fan, though (despite the visuals).

farnham

Banned
AniHawk said:

VJ is a pretty good game...

AniHawk said:

wut

Tarazet

The last couple of times I've walked into Target, I've had to avoid the temptation to go over to the video-game section and check if they had any PS3s. If they did, I would probably grab one and ask questions later.

sonarrat said:
The last couple of times I've walked into Target, I've had to avoid the temptation to go over to the video-game section and check if they had any PS3s. If they did, I would probably grab one and ask questions later.

yup - i wasn't looking for one.

and btw VJ is an awesome game

AniHawk said:

Shut up.

Juice

Where is this urge? I don't have this urge. What's wrong with the rest of America? If I walked into a store and saw a PS3 on sale, I would still probably faint trying to comprehend the large number on the sticker--not be compelled to buy one.

Everyone I know who owns a PS3 either regrets having opened it or has it sitting around with nothing to really do with it. (Which so far sounds a lot like my ownership of the PSP.)
except the PS3 is bound to get at least one good game in MGS4

Markster

I'm hearing about a lot of random encounters with PS3s these days.

People need to stop buying them just because they're scarce. They're not scarce enough for that anymore.

Tarazet

Alts said:
$500+ is not an impulse buy, and I can think of few purposes for this thread.

You don't realize how powerful impulse can be. In the 6 weeks I was a car salesman, I sold two cars to impulse buyers. They were over $20,000 apiece.

sonarrat said:
You don't realize how powerful impulse can be. In the 6 weeks I was a car salesman, I sold two cars to impulse buyers. They were over $20,000 apiece.

I can't think of a single impulse buy in recent memory that left me out more than 10 dollars.

Most impusle buys from me involve snacks and junk food.

Matt_C

I did a similar thing last week at the Gamestop in Park City Lancaster. I saw a giant box and I immediately though about Wii. The chick, is it okay to say chick these days, behind the counter said that she had a PS3, 60 gigs.

My first thought that I want to call my bro so he can give me the money for it, having the same bank FTW, and he can sell it.

Let's say that the buyer backed out and as of this time, I am not sure if he opened up the PS3 yet. All he's into is Gran Turismo and Madden and he isn't what we call a 'gamer' since he thinks he is too cool for that. At least he would be into Virtua Fighter 5 and has a nice Sony KDFE42A10.

Outside of Resistance and Motorstorm, there is barely anything to offer for this 480i component 27 Panablack gamer.

Hope you enjoy Elebits and find a cheap SATA 2.5 drive.

bachikarn

Wasn't Taco Bell doing a promotion with 'donating' a PS3 to them and giving you $25,000 in Taco Bell store credit? You should totally do that. Thats like a billion tacos!

bachikarn said:
Wasn't Taco Bell doing a promotion with 'donating' a PS3 to them and giving you $25,000 in Taco Bell store credit? You should totally do that. Thats like a billion tacos!

Oh god, I totally forgot this deal. I should have bought my guaranteed one from Costco for this deal. :lol

Dave Long

Banned
bachikarn said:

Like a billion tacos with free e.coli included!

Reilly

I saw a PS3 and didn't buy it.

Know why?

Cause I already have too many games to play.

I'll get one sometime in April.

AniHawk

dark10x said:
Well, Viewtiful Joe has excellent visuals, therefore, the game was naturally going to be terrible. What else did you expect?

We all know you are a closet Jak II fan, though (despite the visuals).

VJ is a fun game for about $10. Not $40.

Jak II wouldn't be fun if someone paid you $40.

Ranger X

Hard to believe 600$ is an impulsion. Oh well, i suppose you have a bigger salary than me! (or a real ****ing problem)

MoxManiac

How are you guys impulse buying $500-600 electronics? Jesus, I can't really even impulse buy things over $50 all that often, really.

jimbo

Banned
sonarrat said:

Amen. I've sold cars for years, and a great many of them a month to many impulse buyers making me lots and lots of cash in the process. Of course, I did actually have to SELL them. Most people who buy PS3's don't really have to be sold.

Brashnir

squarepants said:
Whats the deal with impulse video game purchases?

I made an impulse PS3 purchase this morning on GAF when a thread came up saying Circuit City had them in stock for online orders.

Oh well, I did kinda want to play Resistance.

Top Bottom