• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Were all launch PS5s manufactured in Japan?

Boss Man

I was just checking the manufactured date at the bottom of my PS5 (August 2020) and noticed that it says it was manufactured in Japan. Kind of surprised me. Are they all like this?

FyZPF9g.jpeg

Mine was made in China and was whining quite loudly yesterday. My XSX was made in China too but is silent. Its an interesting contrast.

//DEVIL//

this is a bragging thread the OP or someone has his PS5 made in japan. I opened 5 PS5 consoles ( my friends and 2 of mine ) all made in China. so yeah no .

same thing was for PS4 and PS3. some Units very rarely are made in Japan and usually, they are in Japan only.

and Coil whine has nothing to do with that ffs.

Boss Man

Did not know they even had a PS5 made in Japan. My interest is rising. Now, how to get one?
Mine was an online order from Walmart that shipped Fedex from Louisville, KY from a company called Solutions2Go

this is a bragging thread the OP or someone has his PS5 made in japan. I opened 5 PS5 consoles ( my friends and 2 of mine ) all made in China. so yeah no .

same thing was for PS4 and PS3. some Units very rarely are made in Japan and usually, they are in Japan only.

and Coil whine has nothing to do with that ffs.
Lol I had no idea if it was common or not, just surprised by it. I'll take it though!

Last edited:

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
mine is silent as hell.

Yeah, mine is silent too. Stark contrast to my PS4 and Pro.

Good thing replacing the fan is alot...I mean waaaay easier than on the PS4 and Pro. I replaced mine on my refurb Pro, and it was good exercise for when I finally build my PC. Was always fearful of putting on thermal paste. And I may have used too much, and had to lift up the motherboard some after applying it because a wire got stuck in the wrong spot, lol.

Sucks about the coil whine tho.

v_iHuGi

Banned
All people i know here = China, funny enough my OG Ps4 was Japan & was always quiet AF.

My Ps5 is quiet too just like OG Ps4, all people here with Ps5 i know of have Silent Consoles aswell.

Last edited:

Entroyp

Mine is made in china. No coil whine or whatever it’s called. Whisper silent.

I must be extremely lucky because I never had an issue with my launch x360 either 😂

Last edited:
Top Bottom