• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

We're having a boy! GAF help me me names

jem0208

The only sensible option is this badass:

johnson.jpg

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Sissel. No way he could be made fun of with that name.

Speaking of Ghost Trick, I love the name "Lynne" for a daughter (though I've liked it before playing the game).

If you like the Tales series, they are good with not-too-common but grounded character names (both myself and my mother share names with Tales characters for instance).

Luke, Nathan, Samuel, Conner, Edward, Jackson.

Since Luke is my first name - the only problem is all the people who make Star Wars jokes (I hate those movies too :<)

Name him Serge. Chrono Cross is a great game,
and it's also my name. Technically Sergio, but it's pretty much the same :p

I know a few Russian people named Serge.

Crayolan

Whatever you pick, pick a normal sounding name for whatever country you're in. Pick the wrong name and your child will no doubt get teased in school and hate his own name until he's like 15.

Curufinwe

GAF,

WE'RE HAVING A BOY!
Found out this morning - so thrilled (though would have been just as thrilled if a girl!)

I was rooting for the name Lucas (Smash Bros/Mother) but Mrs.Avatar isn't going for it.

Please GAF help us come up with a good name - I'd like something gaming related of course!

I love Nintendo, Metal Gear, Smash, Halo, a lot of Japanese stuff particularly (yes I know Halo isn't Japanese.)

Help me GAF, you're my only hope, without you Mini-Avatar will be named something from the Famous Five or something - help!!

Lucas seems fine. Not pretentious, not too common, has a nice one-syllable alternate version .

I like Lucas. Strange that your wife isn't going for that. It fits your gaming theme and it's a modern, popular name. (ranked #27 for boys in the US last year)

I'll toss a few into the ring: Earl (TJ&E), Jak (J&D), Cid (FF), Locke (FF)

From metal gear:
Hal, Huey, Kaz

Nintendo:
Ness, Lucas, Ash, Brock, Pip, Mario, Link

japanese games:
Dante (DMC), Balthier, Squall, Cid (Final Fantasy), Nash (lunar), Alex (Lunar), Ashley (Vagrant Story), Serge (chrono Cross)

Remember, don't name your kid after a video game character. Be sure to give him the most generic name possible that millions of other people have so he can blend into society.
/s

Kazerei

Banned
Help me GAF, you're my only hope, without you Mini-Avatar will be named something from the Famous Five or something - help!!

Famous Five as in the Enid Blyton novels? Well, "Julian" is a nice name, and you can pretend he's named after Dr. Robotnik in the comic books or animated series, rather than after the leader of the Famous Five.

My friends named their son Drake (yes, they love Uncharted), but I'm surprised she nixed Lucas, as that's a pretty normal name.

David or John are even safer, but are featured in MGS/Halo respectively.

Frank would be cool as well.

Banned
I convinced my gf on Nathan (Nathan Drake of course). Still working on Liara.

Go with Garrus obviously since he's awesome. :p

Top Bottom