• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Were Richard and Elizabeth having an affair on "Keeping Up Appearances"

NecrosaroIII

Ask me about my terrible takes on Star Trek characters
My wife loves Keeping Up Appearances, an old British Sitcom about an uppity woman naked Hyacinth from a working class family who tries to appear more sophisticated than she actually is. I've been watching it lately too.

I swear that Hyacinth's husband Richard is having an affair with the neighbor woman, Elizabeth. The show never says it as far as I'm aware but those two are clearly into each other.

jdforge

Banned
I think it’s implied that Richard and Elizabeth were lovers. Richard and Hyacinth only had one child (Sheridan) and I don’t believe Richard was ever allowed to fuck Hyacinth after that.

She got what she needed from him. The rest of his life was to play the role of the nagged at and abused husband.

He might also have been giving it to Rose.

Richard was taking the Vicars Wife

but seriously...how anyone could ever be faithful to Hyacinth is part of the joke of the show...poor richard

Last edited:

NeoGiffer

tenor.gif

shoplifter

Richard would never dare to have an affair, he's just too beaten down by Our Hyacinth to even attempt it. He's the literal embodiment of 'Happy Wife, happy life" but Hyacinth takes it to the extreme. If I could buy him shagging anyone, it'd be Rose, with her initiating it.

Last edited:

Airola

In my headcanon, Peeping at Pear Asses, they all have sex all the time.

EDIT: Oh god this was terrible, I'm ashamed and sorry.

Last edited:
Top Bottom