• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Werewolf! |OT| Making Animal Friends Is Awesome?

Andodalf

Banned
I have no idea how Darryl made so many people twirl around his finger like this to go with whatever he says as though it's the law, but it's intriguing.

Even if it gets me lynched, I will make it my goal to eliminate him. He's dangerous. Hell, I'll go ahead and accept that everyone vote for me right now, on the condition that when I turn up Town, everyone makes 100% sure to immediately lynch Darryl.

I agree. You being town means Darryl needs to go. and probably me too. even if we aren't mafia we're shit town. But the same can be said for you and cabot if I turn up town.

Andodalf

Banned
ora_1448323200.png

I want this high on a page. Not every page, but it was a little low last one.

Palmer_v1

Day 1 votes

septimus prime (0)
cabot 96 (158)

darryl (0)
robotninjahornets 99 (247)
quantumbro 153 (230)
fluxwavez 197 (365)
xamtheking 268 (289)

cabot (0)
terrabyte20xx 123 (260)

cornburrito (3)
makai 129
lollipop dave 175
andodalf 360

rolanderson (1)
quantumbro 150 (153)
greatlord tiger 325

batsnacks (2)
cabot 158 (204)
quantumbro 230 (249)
el topo 257
quantumbro 427

fluxwavez (1)
darryl 162

robotninjahornets (0)
cabot 204 (331)

quantumbro (0)
robotninjahornets 247 (330)

andodalf (2)
quantumbro 249 (427)
fluxwavez 365
septimus prime 429

darrly (0)
andodalf 259 (318)

timeaisis (2)
terrabyte20xx 260
cabot 331

FluxWaveZ

We do have a full day left, so it might be wise to use that up providing we don't just go in circles.

Thanks for that.

I have my suspicions that Flux is a power role

Could you explain this?
Xamtheking - Says he's suspicious of everyone. Then immediately after says he like ultron with no explanation. Explanation please. What's ultron done differently for you to not be suspicious of him?

Makai

Cabot? Darryl? Any of the returning players are likely.

I've already said that if I were a wolf my target would have been cabot. Every returning player has biases, and I imagine a returning player made mafia's kill decision.

Maybe we should all play a game. If you were mafia, who would YOU have targeted N0 and why?
Yeah, I'd definitely kill a veteran and probably one who has succeeded at deception. Maybe El Topo or NinjaHornets.

Andodalf

Banned
Day 1 votes

septimus prime (0)
cabot 96 (158)

darryl (0)
robotninjahornets 99 (247)
quantumbro 153 (230)
fluxwavez 197 (365)
xamtheking 268 (289)

cabot (0)
terrabyte20xx 123 (260)

cornburrito (3)
makai 129
lollipop dave 175
andodalf 360

rolanderson (1)
quantumbro 150 (153)
greatlord tiger 325

batsnacks (2)
cabot 158 (204)
quantumbro 230 (249)
el topo 257
quantumbro 427

fluxwavez (1)
darryl 162

robotninjahornets (0)
cabot 204 (331)

quantumbro (0)
robotninjahornets 247 (330)

andodalf (2)
quantumbro 249 (427)
fluxwavez 365
septimus prime 429

darrly (0)
andodalf 259 (318)

timeaisis (2)
terrabyte20xx 260
cabot 331

Uhh
Vote: FluxWaveZ

Thanks for that.

Could you explain this?
It's just an instinct, I could be wrong about Ultron (and you)
Additionally, just because I like someone doesn't mean I am not suspicious of them
This early in the game, the only people I trust are the ones 6 feet under

FluxWaveZ

I agree. You being town means Darryl needs to go. and probably me too. even if we aren't mafia we're shit town. But the same can be said for you and cabot if I turn up town.

I disagree with a lot of what you're saying except for the fact that when I'm eliminated, Darryl must absolutely be eliminated immediately.

Day 1 votes

Andodalf voted for me, too:
Vote: FluxWaveZ

I will say though that Flux is being treated a bit unfairly. Like Ando makes a mistake and gets "he's just a new player trying to find his roots." Flux posts an overzealous defense of himself and the assumption is he is scum trying to protect himself. Why is nobody giving him the benefit of the doubt? He really can't also be a new player who is trying to find his roots and who doesn't want to die before the game has barely even begun? That's bogus.

Also batsnacks mentions being against an Ando lynch because Ando is new and is posting a lot. Fair enough points. I'd agree. But how does that not hold true for Flux?

It's because of Darryl. I don't know how it happened but, from the very start, they have had some kind of weird influence with those in this game who are familiar with them + Andodolf. The only people questioning him are those who haven't played with them before.

My survival doesn't matter anymore; but I think they have to go. Once I die, it won't matter if they turn out to be Town or a Werewolf. People need to realize they're an enemy, and they will hinder us whatever they are.

batsnacks

Also batsnacks mentions being against an Ando lynch because Ando is new and is posting a lot. Fair enough points. I'd agree. But how does that not hold true for Flux?

It does hold true for flux. I haven't had anything bad to say about ando or flux and something unexpected would have to happen to make me vote either of them.

That said I also support Darryl and I think he should continue to follow his dreams. I also want to say that if Darryl is wrong about flux, that doesn't mean he's a wolf. Villagers are wrong more often than not. If flux is town, I think people sheeping Darryl are more frequently wolves than Darryl is.

As a villager the best thing you can do is find someone you think is a wolf and convince other villagers that you are right. I think that's what Darryl appears to be doing.

Makai

Hell, I'll go ahead and accept that everyone vote for me right now, on the condition that when I turn up Town, everyone makes 100% sure to immediately lynch Darryl.
We're not setting up a chain vote just so you get revenge. It doesn't help us if you focus on one person because of a petty grudge.

Obviously, we'll lynch him if you flip Cop or something.

FluxWaveZ

That said I also support Darryl and I think he should continue to follow his dreams. I also want to say that if Darryl is wrong about flux, that doesn't mean he's a wolf. Villagers are wrong more often than not. If flux is town, I think people sheeping Darryl are more frequently wolves than Darryl is.

As a villager the best thing you can do is find someone you think is a wolf and convince other villagers that you are right. I think that's what Darryl appears to be doing.

No, no, no... it doesn't matter. The one leading the pack is the destructive influence, and will continue to destroy after the initial target is gone. This is what I'm saying: DO NOT question whether Darryl is a werewolf or not once I'm gone. What they are doesn't matter: eliminate them all the same. I guarantee it.

FluxWaveZ

We're not setting up a chain vote just so you get revenge. It doesn't help us if you focus on one person because of a petty grudge.

Obviously, we'll lynch him if you flip Cop or something.

Heh...

Anyways, it's part grudge, but it's also because of their influence. You at least have to acknowledge that, based on the amount of evidence of it in this thread. And because of the fact that I know their "almighty reasoning and deductive prowess" can be absolutely wrong, they're not beneficial to town.

Andodalf

Banned
No, no, no... it doesn't matter. The one leading the pack is the destructive influence, and will continue to destroy after the initial target is gone. This is what I'm saying: DO NOT question whether Darryl is a werewolf or not once I'm gone. What they are doesn't matter: eliminate them all the same. I guarantee it.

you happening to want a townie gone, just because he wants you gone seems decidedly scummy.

"anybody who is against me is clearly anti town!"

that said, I agree that if he's wrong, Darryl needs to go. Because I agree with you on so much :/

batsnacks

Don't resign yourself to defeat so easily. You have my support you're obviously doing some things right. If there are problems with Darryl they need to be addressed NOW and not after you flip. Your flip has very little to do with Darryl's alignment imo.

FluxWaveZ

you happening to want a townie gone, just because he wants you gone seems decidedly scummy.

"anybody who is against me is clearly anti town!"

that said, I agree that if he's wrong, Darryl needs to go. Because I agree with you on so much :/

You're contradicting yourself, because the latter statement is what I'm saying, which would also mean you believe in the first.

I don't care that it's a townie who is targeting me. I'm aware that happens in this game. But it's because of their influence—the power that entails—and because they can be so adamant while being so utterly wrong. This isn't something that helps town, and it's not something that will. In fact, it's already hindering us.

Andodalf

Banned
Don't resign yourself to defeat so easily. You have my support you're obviously doing some things right. If there are problems with Darryl they need to be addressed NOW and not after you flip. Your flip has very little to do with Darryl's alignment imo.

How? I'd love if Darryl could be understood prior to a flux flip, but how?

El Topo

I don't get why you want Darrly gone already. I don't trust him at all, I find his play style annoying, but he's been active and very involved in the game and he pushes players, which hopefully will help us in the long run.

FluxWaveZ

If he's against you and right, he's pro town, and his influence is a great thing.

You're stating the obvious. If I turn out to be a werewolf once lynched then, yes, Darryl is indeed the leader of the town who should have his word be law just as it has been up until this point.

Sophia

I don't get why you want Darrly gone already. I don't trust him at all, I find his play style annoying, but he's been active and very involved in the game and he pushes players, which hopefully will help us in the long run.

He's obnoxious, but I think batsnacks is right in that he's being a fairly good townie.

batsnacks

How? I'd love if Darryl could be understood prior to a flux flip, but how?

If you don't understand Darryl's reasons for voting flux then don't sheep him and flux won't get lynched. Flux only gets lynched if Darryl is compelling enough to convince at least some villagers that he's right.

-I don't agree with Darryl that flux is a werewolf so I am not sheeping Darryl-

See it's easy!

FluxWaveZ

Because I know they target people haphazardly. They're close-minded and have their own agenda when it comes to literally every statement in this thread, with their decision made about every single thing right when the game started with no room for deviation or changing one's mind.

I'm not saying to lynch Darryl. I'm saying to lynch Darryl after I'm lynched.

Andodalf

Banned
You're stating the obvious. If I turn out to be a werewolf once lynched then, yes, Darryl is indeed the leader of the town who should have his word be law just as it has been up until this point.

yep, so we have to put him to the test, and the only way I see to do this is lynching you.

Also Darryl, where are you?

Andodalf

Banned
If you don't understand Darryl's reasons for voting flux then don't sheep him and flux won't get lynched. Flux only gets lynched if Darryl is compelling enough to convince at least some villagers that he's right.

-I don't agree with Darryl that flux is a werewolf so I am not sheeping Darryl-

See it's easy!

Then who do we lynch?

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
No one is taking his word as law.

In fact, I doubt many people are even putting much stock into him thinking you're a wolf.

I suggest that you stop defending yourself against his claims for a brief moment and use that effort instead to find others who COULD be scum. Otherwise we could be wasting this entire day.

FluxWaveZ

I suggest that you stop defending yourself against his claims for a brief moment and use that effort instead to find others who COULD be scum. Otherwise we could be wasting this entire day.

Fine, I'll let this pass for now, but Day 1 has been the "FluxWaveZ vs. Darryl" show even when neither of us have been commenting about it so it's difficult to not respond to it.

Sophia

yep, so we have to put him to the test, and the only way I see to do this is lynching you.

Also Darryl, where are you?

Let me get this straight. You want to lynch one of two most active posters in this thread on day one? With no information other than the back and fourth conversation? On the basis of testing Darryl?

That doesn't make any sense for the town....

batsnacks

Then who do we lynch?

I don't know yet, which is bad on my part but I'm apprehensive to commit after last game when all my scum reads were power roles and I got lynched d1. Failing the N0 kill was probably demoralizing for the wolves so I'm looking in the non-posting-est people.

Makai

Because I know they target people haphazardly. They're close-minded and have their own agenda when it comes to literally every statement in this thread, with their decision made about every single thing right when the game started with no room for deviation or changing one's mind.

I'm not saying to lynch Darryl. I'm saying to lynch Darryl after I'm lynched.
We lynch people because we think they're Werewolves, not because they were wrong about you. We agree Darryl is mean and we'll be happy to lynch him if you convince us he is a Werewolf. Drop your revenge plea or I'm voting for you.

FluxWaveZ

We lynch people because we think they're Werewolves, not because they were wrong about you. We agree Darryl is mean and we'll be happy to lynch him if you convince us he is a Werewolf. Drop your revenge plea or I'm voting for you.

This will be my final reply on the matter for the moment because Terrabyte20xx; we're losing time on this when we could be focusing on other things.

But I will say this: vote for me all you want. Our aim is to vote for werewolves, but what happens when we vote against townies? What happens when we lynch our own power roles? We're put at a disadvantage. Those with sway and those who lead us to lynch those people under the guise that they know what they're doing with full confidence... do you really think that is a boon for the town?

FluxWaveZ

Also, Makai, it seems that you're ignoring the things I say. Darryl could very well be Town; I'm not sure what he is at all right now.

Andodalf

Banned
I don't know yet, which is bad on my part but I'm apprehensive to commit after last game when all my scum reads were power roles and I got lynched d1. Failing the N0 kill was probably demoralizing for the wolves so I'm looking in the non-posting-est people.

Ugh, that's my greatest fear. so many are quiet that we might all just be town arguing against town.
also I moved my vote

This will be my final reply on the matter for the moment because Terrabyte20xx; we're losing time on this when we could be focusing on other things.

But I will say this: vote for me all you want. Our aim is to vote for werewolves, but what happens when we vote against townies? What happens when we lynch our own power roles? We're put at a disadvantage. Those with sway and those who lead us to lynch those people under the guise that they know what they're doing with full confidence... do you really think that is a boon for the town?

In some ways, yes it is. Let us assume Darryl is town. For better or worse, Darryl has put focus on someone and forced them to defend themselves. If he is wrong, then he struck wrong. The good thing though is that in either case he gets people talking, puts people on the defensive, and isn't afraid to call out anyone. That is a boon to town. And quite frankly, none of us are omniscient. We're all going to falsely accuse someone at some point, if we make accusations. Darryl is acting confident, but he's playing as blind as the rest of us. Acting confident is just a playstyle.

Ugh, that's my greatest fear. so many are quiet that we might all just be town arguing against town.
also I moved my vote

I generally work under the assumption that at least one member of the mafia team will attempt to be active, and one of the more active posters. Both GAF mafia games I played had mafia members as some of the highest post count posters. Influencing the town discussion is the best way for mafia to win the game after all.

It might even be a safe bet to look at the top 5 or so posters thus far. I'd put money on one of them being mafia.

But yeah, it could be town arguing with town. Which is why going after the least contributing posters is a good early game strategy for Town. Mafia will likely be targeting suspected PR, and/or high post count Town posters who contribute helpfully to the discussion. High post count posters who prove immune to the mafia's attempt to control the flow of discussion are most at risk I feel.

Ok so batsnacks is at 29, but I made my arbitrary cutoff at 30.

Andodalf : 61
FluxWaveZ: 59
cabot: 55
CornBurrito: 48
Darryl: 34

As I said, I'd bet money that a mafia member exists among this group. I'm confident I'm innocent,, and I suspect Darryl is town. So my top suspects would happen to be cabot, Flux, Andodolf.

Timeaisis

Ok so batsnacks is at 29, but I made my arbitrary cutoff at 30.

Andodalf : 61
FluxWaveZ: 59
cabot: 55
CornBurrito: 48
Darryl: 34

As I said, I'd bet money that a mafia member exists among this group. I'm confident I'm innocent,, and I suspect Darryl is town. So my top suspects would happen to be cabot, Flux, Andodolf.

That's an odd way to say your town.

Top Bottom