• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

West Virginia State Representative calls for Hillary Clinton to be hanged over E-Mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squalor

How insane does a government official's statement have to be before they resign over it? Like, my gosh.

Just... gosh.
Well, that party's representative for president stated he could "shoot a man in the middle of the street and not lose any voters."

Izuna

Banned
oxHMiK3.gif

omg :3

DedValve

Banned
God fucking damn its sunday. Can American Republicans take a day off? No then shit would actually be done. Nevermind.

EDIT: All in favor of filling these threads with cute gifs of dogs?

hobozero

Scooter Libby - actually convicted of leaking classified info - commuted sentence.
Hillary Clinton - been investigated and not charged - treasonous scum should be hanged.

It's best to not get upset at this sort of thing. The republican strategy (and to a lesser extent the democrat one too, lately) is basically take everything that could possibly be considered a scandal, freak out about it, and see if any of them get traction with the public. Like throwing pasta at a wall. See: blowjobs, Benghazi, hurricanes, birth certificates, lapel pins, mustard, terrorist fist jabs, etc

I think it's one of the reasons you can't possibly have reasoned political discourse anymore in the U.S.. Anytime there is even a speck of blood in the water, one side or the other goes into Jaws 4 level feeding frenzy mode in the hope that the public will care. And the more they do it, the less the public does.

Your politicians are immunizing the public to outrage.

Hindl

Wait...what?
I've watched a few young turk videos in the past. They seemed pretty sensible. Is there something I should know?

TYT hates Hillary with a burning passion. They were big Bernie supporters almost to the point of Bernie or Bust and spent most of the primary season trashing Hillary and constantly accusing her of corruption and being a neoliberal shill. They're pretty left and that colors pretty much all of their coverage. As long as you keep that in mind and occasionally get secondary sources for some of their stories they're fine, if a little too left-leaning for my taste. But even then they wouldn't support this, just that she should be in jail.

Wait...what?
I've watched a few young turk videos in the past. They seemed pretty sensible. Is there something I should know?

They've gone pretty off the rails with irrational Hillary hate and conspiracy theories over the past year or so. I doubt they would want her hanged though, so it's not a great comparison.

_Ryo_

He didn't mean it, he just said it, which makes one ask themselves the question: if one does not mean what they say, why would one listen to such a person? Yaknow, since they don't mean what they say and their sayings and opinions are thus irrelevant to anything at all.

Anyway, fuck this guy.

And Fuck the GOP.

jstripes

Banned
Republicans are on a roll these days.

They've always had a regressive dickbag element to their party, but in the past decade or so it's been on fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom