• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wet Hot American Summer: First Day of Camp |OT| I want you inside me on July 31st

Status
Not open for further replies.
This show is great. I love the references to other Wain comedies. I've caught stuff from both Wanderlust and They Came Together so far!

Do I need to see the movie first?
Not really, but the show will be better and there will be more references you understand if you do.
It's just an hour and a half and it's on Netflix. Go for it!

Fenom

So same situation as Dennis, me and my brother started watching the show today, not realizing that it's a prequel to the movie. We've watched 2 episodes already and now can't decided whether to watch the movie now or carry on with the show.

Way better than AD Season 4.

It's just so wall to wall (sometimes literally).

Even the stuff that's only merely great is right next to something like
Coop disguised as an old woman obsessed with shit shorts having a serious conversation with his girlfriend.

border

I've only watched the first episode but I liked it a lot.

I am so happy that they brought back the "smashing flower pot" sound effect!

I hope Abby is returning, I didn't notice her in the first episode.

LProtag

I'm supposed to watch this with some friends, but I haven't heard from my friends about when we're meeting up to do so.

This is killing me. I don't want to wait!

Kinsella

Banned
Ahh 4 episodes in and it's just not for me. I'm just not finding it funny. Glad y'all are enjoying it though!

Movie is supposedly great, but I found it to be mediocre, unfunny slop. I assume the show is the same. But there's not much else new to watch, so might as well give it a shot. The sad part is that a lot of these guys are from The State, which I loved.

Maybe it was the fact that The State was a series of short skits and never wore out their welcome. The movie just felt like one bad joke told for about 90 minutes.

I actually feel like the movie is just tons of three minute bits barely connected, stapled together in the disguise of a movie.

lunchtoast

Actually,
He's been holding it the whole time, still snacking on it all the way from the scene in the office.

xTiTnnJUbBL1HXEqAg.gif

Just finished. It's great.
Not even spoilers but it happens in the last episode so tagged:
Coop's summary of events really puts into perspective how fucked up the timeline in this series is. I love it.
I watched the movie last night as a refresher and honestly I'd put it at just slightly below if not on the same level. It really captured the spirit of the original.

Higher and higher~

obin_gam

"
You know, when you're pointing a finger at someone, there's three fingers pointing back at you.
"

#TrueLifeLesson

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Just finished watching.

It feels so wrong that I want more of this.

Hell, I'd be down for a Chris Pine spinoff

It has Kevin Butler in it.

Its funnier than the film. But some scenes felt useless and annoying.

I hope we get another season.

Episode 8 Spoiler:
The fight was brilliant.

Bread

Banned
i'm about to start watching but i need to know one thing

yes or no, nothing more please.

do my Stella boys make an appearance in costume?

inki

Movie is supposedly great, but I found it to be mediocre, unfunny slop. I assume the show is the same. But there's not much else new to watch, so might as well give it a shot.

So my SO and I watched this and were like WHAT.... THE.... FUCK is this? We fell in love, it was just so much... WTF.. We laughed our asses off. Can't praise this enough.

Gave it to our closest friends, who share the same sense of humor and we "click" with them more than anyone else we've met.

They thought it was total crap, turned it off after 30 mins and honestly thought we played a trick on them. That we were fucking with them.

It's a love or hate movie and I can't explain what the criteria is for which camp you will land in.

Kinsella

Banned
So my SO and I watched this and were like WHAT.... THE.... FUCK is this? We fell in love, it was just so much... WTF.. We laughed our asses off. Can't praise this enough.

Gave it to our closest friends, who share the same sense of humor and we "click" with them more than anyone else we've met.

They thought it was total crap, turned it off after 30 mins and honestly thought we played a trick on them. That we were fucking with them.

It's a love or hate movie and I can't explain what the criteria is for which camp you will land in.

I love stupid shit. I love smart, funny. I love stupid, funny. But something about the movie felt half-assed and virtually none of it appealed to me whereas most of The State did. I hope the show clicks with me, because I love so many of the people involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom