• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What’s a good password maintenance app?

Trogdor1123

My wife is looking for an app to help her manage her passwords. Her email was almost comprised last night so she is changing all her passwords now and is wondering if there is a way to automate it, if possible. She is looking for something with a fair bit of features. No need for it to be free, just something that works good.

Mistake

I currently use proton pass and it does everything I need it to do. Free, and multi platform. I spent a day putting all my passwords into it and replacing them with 12-16 bit keys. Only pain now is when I need to login with something that isn't my device

Last edited:

Hibs

I use Bitwarden and I think it's brilliant. Easy, user friendly, a lot of security options.

Whatever you do, don't use Lastpass. They've been compromised multiple times.
I switched to this after the Lastpass fiasco they had when they got greedy. Been smooth sailing ever since.

Soodanim

Offline Excel spreadsheet.

I know it sounds wank but don't trust these online charlatans.

Didn't 1password get hacked? - Which is completely fucking ironic.
KeePass is entirely offline unless you choose to connect it to a browser through third party extension. Much more secure and convenient than a spreadsheet.

Tams

Bitwarden, Proton Pass, KeePass (open source, but that does mean you gave to trust multiple unofficial developers), and Enpass are some good ones.

Drake

I don't want to trust a 3rd party company with all my passwords, especially after Lastpass had all those issues. I just use a local Keepass file that's password protected and keep multiple copies of it across devices. It's a little more work to maintain, but I like the piece of mind it give me.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Self-hosted Vault Warden + Bitwarden front end + 2FA

It's really the best of all possible worlds - I control the data myself, my password store is encrypted using my own keys, I have most of the "paid" Bitdefender features. Logging into a new device requires two-factor authentication, which is a must for any password manager.

Top Bottom