• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What-a-burger's ketchup cups should be standard for fast food

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krejlooc

Banned
these things:

vIwdCnA.jpg

They are so helpful, especially if you are eating fries at a place where you have to stand or something. To try and imitate this, sometimes I'll tear the top off of a ketchup packet from another fast food place and open it up like a tube and dip my fries into it, but it results in way less ketchup and more of a hassle because they don't stand on their own.

Also, spicy ketchup should be standard, too.

Krejlooc

Banned
LTTP on this one OP. A lot of places started using these a long time ago.

ap100204115610.jpg

LTTP? What-a-burger has been doing this for like 30 years now.

And please list these lots of places. The only places I see that give those kinds of ketchup packets out are Dairy Queen, or places that otherwise aren't fastfood.

McDonalds:
why-fancy-ketchup_5.jpg

Burger King:
burger-king-ketchup-packet-170466.jpg

Jack in the box:
jack_in_the_box_ketchup_packets_by_wlart12-d8w3xrc.jpg

Wendy's:
latest

soco

i prefer the while things you fill yourself especially as you expand them.

agree on the spicy ketchup. don't know how it's not common.

kamakazi5

The taste of Whataburger ketchup is absolutely incredible. McDonald's frys and Whataburger ketchup is a match made in heaven. It's kind of weird that they're ketchup is so good but 90% if the time their frys are limp and not crunchy.

Stasis

Anytime I eat fast food I don't get condiments unless I order nuggets of some kind. All sauces come like that. I'm in Quebec so if we're getting fast food I'm getting my fries upgraded to a poutine, which is available everywhere. No need for ketchup.

Though I agree. Those normal ketchup packets are awful. If I had to deal with them I'd be annoyed.

Des0lar

will learn eventually
America lttp as always. We've had these here for all kinds of sauces at McDonald's since forever.

Daingurse

And please list these lots of places. The only places I see that give those kinds of ketchup packets out are Dairy Queen, or places that otherwise aren't fastfood.
Chick-Fil-a and Raising Cane's have them off the top of my head. I see them around a lot nowadays. Didn't know What-a-burger had them for so long, don't eat there.

KFC used to do these.

Dipping crispy strips into these used to be god tier. Then they stopped making crispy strips and replaced them with the garbage mini fillets.

Zombine

Banned
Just carry a pull string bag like I do but throw a bottle of ketchup in it when you know you're going out for food.

The containers are indeed awesome, but the best part is on the inside.

Some of yall just don't know the bliss of:
Double whammy WAB ketchup and HEB snapshot right there.

If they sold CFA sauce in a bucket, I'd buy it, too.

ZOONAMI

McDonalds:
why-fancy-ketchup_5.jpg

Burger King:
burger-king-ketchup-packet-170466.jpg

Jack in the box:
jack_in_the_box_ketchup_packets_by_wlart12-d8w3xrc.jpg

Wendy's:
latest

Wendy's at least in MN uses the dipping Heinz ketchup.

I really don't understand why McDonalds ketchup is like that still when all of the other condiments are in dipping containers.

Krejlooc

Banned
Wendy's at least in MN uses the dipping Heinz ketchup.

The Wendy's near me uses regular ketchup packets -- the one in the picture above isn't actually the ones they give, because that one has the wendy's name on it. Rather, they hand out nondescript Heinze ketchup packets -- not the dipping ones, but the little regular packets.

I wonder if it's a franchise and that's why.

h1nch

LTTP on this one OP. A lot of places started using these a long time ago.

ap100204115610.jpg

Alamo Drafthouse started using these. The first time I tried them I had trouble peeling off the tip (to use as a squeeze bottle) and made a mess. The 2nd time worked a lot better. They're a bit tricky to operate in a dark movie theater.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom