• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What A Retro Street Fighter V Would Look Like

Street Fighter V’s visuals are fine, but Street Fighter III’s? Those were perfect. So yes, let’s all take a look at the cast of Street Fighter V, redrawn as characters in Street Fighter III.

They’re the work of RieyTails (via Eventhubs), and while many of these are older characters, these sprites are still based off their SFV designs.

w7bceiunqgsbkfkftxpv.jpg

ghacpy0neshbsvadtr3a.jpg

tc7fjv4x7gfsua1jhzzt.jpg

bfdlp2gjgjjxw7brtra1.jpg

http://kotaku.com/what-a-retro-street-fighter-v-would-look-like-1771510355
Link to RieyTails' DeviantArt gallery:http://rieytails.deviantart.com/gallery/

Rage quit thread if old.

Man, is SF3 really considered retro nowadays? I feel old
On topic they look awesome. I wish the artist had tried to animate an idle stance for one, because as amazing as the art was, the animation was what took 3 to another level in terms of beauty

On topic they look awesome. I wish the artist had tried to animate an idle stance for one, because as amazing as the art was, the animation was what took 3 to another level in terms of beauty

The quality of it would certainly guarantee that a person doing it in their free time wouldn't go through with it.

Nuu

Banned
Looks great. Man do I wish Capcom would try their hand at 2D graphics again.

EDIT - The artist's Xrd sprites are pretty cool as well:

xPdhDYK.png
GBdElzm.png
TKSNcyj.png
hW6VvzA.png
DUym3eq.png
BPOrayA.png

He might get around to it at some point. I see he's messed around with MvC3.

doctor_doom___hidden_missiles_by_rieytails-d6fg745.gif

Top Bottom