• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What annoys you that YouTube Creators do?

Zog

Banned
For me:

- Like and Subscribe begging every video
- Long intros, no one wants to see a long intro every video.
- Showing Twitter (or other) posts asking for the video you are about to watch. Most people just don't care where your topic ideas come from.
- Wasting time telling people what everyone already knows (ex, we don't need a Breath of the Wild explanation/review before you get to the video topic which is something specific about Breath of the Wild).

How about you, what are your YouTube Creator annoyances?

Last edited:

Talk.

I don't know how, but they manage to speak in a way that mostly enrages me. Not evetyone. But most. Its so fake and over the top, probably to fain interest in what they are saying; it is so bad that it would get them laughed off a childrens tv casting.

It annoys me that they have to talk around the 2020 erection by avoiding saying certain phrases and and that they cannot ask simple questions which anybody could have been able to ask the preceding hundred years worth of erections.

Plus Youtube doesn't even follow their own policies and will nuke you for any reason, even if you follow the guidelines.

So on top of Youtube forcing creators to talk all weirdly, they will block the people and nuke their channels anyways, so they just entirely fuck up the content by trying to manage it so much.

It sucks. It didn't used to be like this. Back in 2007, or at least up until 2015, Youtube was pretty much the wild frontier. Nowadays it's basically shitty version of news tv. Everyone who is to the right of Mao is talking like they have a gun at their back.

Last edited:

ranmafan

-I really get annoyed at the like and subscribe begging too. Not to mention the “tell me what you think below.” I can never be bothered to read or participate in those comment sections.
- The constant ads for vpns, stupid useless metal wallets, body cleaning items, or terrible mobile games that I wouldn’t ever touch in a million years. Can we get different ads for once.
(And while I’m on the subject, I can’t stand the endless ads for grammarly on YouTube. They are easily the most annoying ads on the platform.)
- The insane amount of editing where long speeches just come out so unnatural sounding and annoying.
- The fact that so many channels on things I like, for example gaming, are just annoying negative commentary channels. To these creators, everything is a scandal, everything is bad, and there are no good things to talk about. Like chill out, not everything is terrible out there. Also these creators tend to be “know it all’s” yet make quite a lot of mistakes for being huge and trusted commentators.
- Finally, annoying thumbnails on videos where the creator makes a silly, annoying, or smug looking face. Those really turn me away from videos.

Thankfully there are great creators out there that tend to avoid these issues, but sadly a lot of the big names just keep using them.

Fret Runner

*monotone voice*
To most people this looks like a nomal piece of toast, but as you can see (que the red circle and zoom in) there's clearly a demonic pressence inside the bread bin waiting for its next victim. I wouldn't want to eat that toast cause who knows what that demon did to it.

if you've ever wondered what I look like in real life and why I sound like I've had a lobotomy then check out my other channel at monotoneischillin.

Last edited:

dr_octagon

Banned
social commentary which they have copied and pasted from elsewhere

abusing their power and influence for profit, encouraging bad and unethical behaviour which negatively impacts younger followers

being creeps, sociopaths and predators with an insincere apology video about their struggles for maximum narcissism

YCoCg

Sadly most of this dumb shit isn't what they want to do either, YouTube algorithm decides this stuff gets most views.

Jubenhimer

Needlessly long sponsorships, I know making a career out of YouTube is a pain and I get that YouTubers need to put food on the table. But I lost track of how many times an engaging video I was watching came to a screeching halt for a needlessly long sponsorship plug half-way through. Put that shit at the beginning or end of the video if you want.

Birdo

Banned
giphy.gif

Davey Cakes

I'm okay with ads/sponsors in the very beginning of a 15-25 minute video. But, when they start a 10 minute video, talk for 2 minutes, and then launch into an ad (about a product I couldn't care less about) it really annoys me.

I appreciate Angry Joe for putting the sponsor at the very beginning of his videos and making a fun sketch out of it. At least he and the other guys try to be creative with it.

Last edited:

Kimahri

Banned
Second everything in the op. I'd also lile to add people who talk about anything other than what the title says. Stick to the topic, I'm not interested in you, stop talking like I watch all of your videos and know or care what's going on your life.

Cattlyst

Constant jump cuts in any sentence longer than 3 words.

Reading articles off websites you could just go and read yourself, while showing a screenshot of the website.

Mispronouncing words or names and not bothering to reshoot that mispronounced word or name, even though the rest of the video has a jump cut every 2 nanoseconds.

These are a few of my favourite things.

Brofist

I watch the tech channels and I hate the ones that try to pass themselves as some kind of industry insiders with all the connections. And then proceed to make some half-assed off the wall predictions, and when 1 comes true out of 100 they are like, "told ya suckers"

HoodWinked

The most annoying is getting a glimpse of what is trending on youtube it's the same shit over and over.

I'm pregnant, or I'm getting married, or that fucking rainbow paint, and rap music videos. Just rap music videos over and over.

So it's like spotting an oasis when the occasional Mr. Beast video cracks the top 10.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
2 x random adverts at the beginning and then a whole section from the creator that’s another advert usually lasting a good few mins.

That and ‘sup YouTube it’s ya boy ladykilla 69 comin’ atcha wiv another video of fornite glitches stolen from other content creators’

Susurrus

Baking ads in to their videos. I have Adblock on for a reason you cunts.

I don't have Adblock, but I do have Youtube Premium ($7 student price ftw). There's one series I enjoy (Half as Interesting) but the last couple minutes of their video is always ads and I hate that since I already pay to get rid of them. Fortunately, it is the last couple minutes so I just close it out at that point. I often catch myself chaining videos by clicking on the next one at the end, but obviously can't do that when I'm closing out to escape their ad so their loss I guess on that front.

Reactions: MrS
Top Bottom