• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are people looking foward to on the PC?

Eric-GCA

Banned
My PC hasn't been getting much in the way of play time lately. The last game I brought for it was Fry Cry since that was the first game that actually took advantage of the ATi 9800XT I have.

So, I suppose most will respond with titles like Doom 3 and HL2. But are there other's that maybe aren't so high profile that should be anticipated? PC RPG's have also been missing in my opinion for I haven't played any since finishing Neverwinter Nights and the expansions.

So, what are PC players really looking foward too?

explodet

Warhammer 40K - Dawn of War is looking good.

My buddy who's big on WH froths at the mouth every time he sees the footage from E3.

Ashitaka

The Pirates! remake, Rome: Total War, Battle for Middle Earth, Warhammer, Half-Life 2. I'm sure there are others that I'm forgetting.

Mrbob

Hmmm...

Half Life 2
Vampire
Doom 3
Warhammer
Rome: Total War
Tribes: Vengeance
The Movies
Roller Coaster Tycoon 3
Call of Duty: United Offensive
Finally, I forget the name, but it is a game where you are a criminal mastermind and you have a bunch of henchmen you use to do your bidding. Damn I need to crack open CGW again....

bjork

Pirates!, and that's all.

Looking forward to it so much that I'll upgrade the PC if need be... after waiting 17 years for a sequel, I'm not missing it due to an underpowered rig.

Eric-GCA

Banned
I notice a lot of Warhammer reccomendations. I am unfamiliar with that franchise and was wondering if someone could give me a brief synopsis on it? (ie. what differentiates it from the other "War" series from Blizzard?)

Buggy Loop

Mrbob said:
Hmmm...

Half Life 2
Vampire
Doom 3
Warhammer
Tribes: Vengeance
The Movies
Roller Coaster Tycoon 3

Thats a pretty good list, plus Pirates, F.E.A.R., STALKER, World of Warcraft, EQ2 and probably some forgotten or still sleeper.

Eric-GCA

Banned
Isn't F.E.A.R. the game being done by the team (or people) who helped make the NOLF series? If so, then that definately is on my list.

Mrbob

F.E.A.R. is 2005. :( Can't believe I forgot World of Warcraft!

Isn't F.E.A.R. the game being done by the team (or people) who helped make the NOLF series? If so, then that definately is on my list.

Same developers (Monolith). But I don't know how much of the NOLF team is working on F.E.A.R. I remember when the F.E.A.R. pics first popped up and was speculated to be NOLF 3, and Oxygen chimed in that the pics weren't NOLF 3 but a different game. However he also had mentioned there may be something else in the mix that would make NOLF fans happy. So maybe there is a new NOLF game in the pipeline...who knows. Probably a long way off though.

firex

WOW
Doom 3
HL2 (when it gets released in a decade)
STALKER
ANY game that comes out using far cry's engine

Just that they only recently began testing PvP. That's another 6 month beta job don't you think? Maybe Bliz will surprise us all though.

SyNapSe

Honestly, it amazes me people can find more to play for consoles (even with all 3) than the PC. I guess it's just the style of games, but I LOVE them.

=W=

In no particular order...

Guild Wars
Dreamfall (The Longest Journey 2)
F.E.A.R.
HL2

Few others, but those are the cream of the crop for me.

Slo said:
Christ. They can do SOME balancing in patches.

Certainly if this was any other company, but Blizz seems to want things to be rather patchless on release for any of their software, though that is a near impossibility when dealing w/ MMO's.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
World of Warcraft
Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth
Half Life 2
Doom III

budala1

Half Life 2
Doom 3
F.E.A.R
Medal of Honor Pacific Assault (hope that is as good as Allied Assault)
Counter Strike 2

Mashing

bjork said:
Pirates!, and that's all.

Looking forward to it so much that I'll upgrade the PC if need be... after waiting 17 years for a sequel, I'm not missing it due to an underpowered rig.

A motherfucking-men! (umm... ok that didn't quite come out right, but you know what I mean).

I can't wait for that game.

SKluck

Banned
Soldiers: Heroes of WW2. July 2nd.
gas00.JPG

061.jpg

001.jpg

http://www.codemasters.com/soldiers/

Mashing

The Shadow said:
They're remaking "Pirates!"? Seriously? OMFG. I loved that game.

It's not a remake, it's an entirely new game... with updated mechanics. It is VERY similar in conent to the orignal game though... When I saw screenshots of it I immediately recongnized Port Royal... the starting port in the original game.

ManaByte

Gold Member
WoW
LOTR
Half-Life 2
Tribes
Doom 3
Warhammer
Vampire
CoD Expansion
Battlefield Modern Combat
Medal of Honor Pacific Assault
Jump to Lightspeed

I also want to play F.E.A.R. and more of EQ2, but those are most likely 2005.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
No mention of Kohan 2???

YOU ARE ALL DEAD TO ME!

*weeps*

Damn PC gaming is looking good =)

Top Bottom