• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are some 80’s/90s movies that you think everyone should see?

Kagey K

Banned
The Phantom Menace
Alien Resurrection
Predator 2
Power Rangers: The Movie
Rocky V
Batman and Robin
The Godfather Part 3
Robocop 3

But honesty, there's too many classics to list here.
Yeah I have come to realize there are more then I remember and he keeps asking if we are going to run out of movies soon, to which I always answer no.

So then he gives me a theme and I pick a movie based on his theme.

For instance he said a live action animated movie. So obviously it had to be Roger Rabbit. He keeps trying to stump me with his themes, but I keep finding ways to satisfy them.

He said a movie where they are watching a movie and then end up in the movie, and I picked Stay Tuned. Helps that it also overlapped the live action/animated theme as well.

He tried to Cover his eyes at the 3 boob girl during Total Recall, but I made him look because it’s one of those things you never forget.
So what happened was this?
giphy.gif

Kagey K

Banned
So what happened was this?
giphy.gif
He pretends to freak out, I know it gets to him.
From Dusk TIL Dawn left him confused. He went from horny to grossed out in half a second once they got to the Titty Twister.
He even said, Dad my hormones, to me.

i,just laughed at him like any good parent would.

Last edited:
The Mask
Indiana Jones trilogy
The original Addams family
The Haunting
Ace Ventura 1 & 2
The Griswald's merry christmas
Home alone 1 & 2
Darkman
The Burton Batman movies
The nightmare before christmas
Howard the duck?
Any Jackie Chan movie
Independence day
Mission impossible

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
Thank you to whoever suggested Soaceballs, omg he loved it, the puns and 4th wall breaks killed him.

I will message you his memorial info.

JK,he’s fine but he did give himself the hiccups and almost peed his pants

Next I want to do a JCVD movie, so vote for what we should watch.
Just put the JCVD movie we should watch

T8SC

Gold Member
Aliens
Alien 3
The Terminator
Terminator 2
Predator
The 'burbs
The Rock
Face/Off
Die Hard
Die Hard With A Vengeance
The Empire Strikes Back
Return Of The Jedi
The Goonies
Robocop
Raiders Of The Lost Ark
The Last Crusade
Titanic
Dumb & Dumber
Hot Shots: Part Deux
Top Gun
Mission: Impossible
Con Air
Event Horizon
Commando
Back To The Future
Back To The Future 2
Back To The Future 3
The Thing
Blade Runner
Beverly Hills Cop
Jurassic Park
Independence Day
The Lion King
Toy Story
Starship Troopers
The Matrix
Lethal Weapon
The Running Man

Last edited:

LegendOfKage

Gold Member
Nobody said TRON!

Admittedly, I had to watch it like 5 times to understand why it was so interesting.

Or how about The Last Starfighter, Cloak and Dagger, or The Wizard? And you can follow up that last one by listening to some Jenny Lewis, because the girl from that movie went on to have a pretty cool music career:

I don't actually actually recommend watching The Wizard. I do recommend listening to Jenny Lewis.

Kagey K

Banned
oohh
Another movie that scared me as a kid.
Arachnophobia.

No idea if it still holds up well or not though.
We watched it with my older daughter when she was 12 because my G/F hates spiders and she handled it well. Then a few months ago she dozed off in the tub, and woke up to a spider on her chest, now she can’t watch it either.

She says she thinks of the bathroom scene every time she hops in the tub.

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
Another day and a couple hours and we will add Disney Plus to our subscriptions, with even more movies to show him.
And yes I will be showing him boomer movies like Old Yeller, The Love Bug and The Shaggy Dog. He specifically asked me to show him movies from before I was born at one point.

bitbydeath

Gold Member
Another day and a couple hours and we will add Disney Plus to our subscriptions, with even more movies to show him.
And yes I will be showing him boomer movies like Old Yeller, The Love Bug and The Shaggy Dog. He specifically asked me to show him movies from before I was born at one point.

Splash will be on there which was a fantastic Daryl Hannah / Tom Hanks movie.

No idea if it still holds up but I enjoyed it when I was young.

images

LegendOfKage

Gold Member

I never really liked many of Disney's live action movies, even when I was a kid. My recommendation there would be Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. Not Disney, but one of the best family movies ever.

Kagey K

Banned
I never really liked many of Disney's live action movies, even when I was a kid. My recommendation there would be Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. Not Disney, but one of the best family movies ever.
He’s seen it, a bunch of times, He loves Roald Dahl and convinced us buy his grade 4 teacher a box set of all his books for Xmas (For the classroom library of course)

Hes also still upset that the Great Glass elevator never got a proper movie.

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
Dolf never made a good movie in his life, I don’t know why he always got relegated to the last action hero, but he always got the B part in B movies.

But i have to say for as bad as they fucked He Man up, I was super excited to see Masters of the Universe as a kid. I still think my fav movie he is in is I Come in Peace.

sol_bad

I know Masters of the Universe was nothing like the cartoon but I must have watched it 100 times as a kid. I remember having a toy of the lizard villain.

*EDIT*
Dude on the left.

4qgopwk.jpg

Last edited:

bitbydeath

Gold Member
I know Masters of the Universe was nothing like the cartoon but I must have watched it 100 times as a kid. I remember having a toy of the lizard villain.

*EDIT*
Dude on the left.

4qgopwk.jpg

Yeah, he was pretty cool. He had a lever on his back that when pressed sparks would fly out his mouth.

I also gotta add Stargate to the list, fellas. Kicking myself for waiting so long to watch it, great film. Also if you're into earlier Ron flicks, check out Moon 44.

Not the director’s cut though, that version is a bit resetera if you know what I mean.

There's two terrible ways that can be interpreted. I don't wanna sully my love for the theatrical cut by thinking about it.

Last edited:
Men in black
Home alone 1-2
Problem child and sequel
Beverly Hills cop series
Jurassic park
Star wars: the Phantom menace
Terminator series
Back to the future series
Robocop series
Tremors series
Indiana jones series
The man with no Shadow ( is this the correct worlwide title? They recently announced a reboot too)
Lost in space
Blade runner
Stargate

I'm reading your lists, guys, and I realized there are simply too much movies worth watching lol
You have pretty good tastes, folks

Last edited:
Dolf never made a good movie in his life, I don’t know why he always got relegated to the last action hero, but he always got the B part in B movies.

But i have to say for as bad as they fucked He Man up, I was super excited to see Masters of the Universe as a kid. I still think my fav movie he is in is I Come in Peace.

Speaking of which, here's another one for your list:

Last_Action_Hero.jpg

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
The Adventures of Baron Munchhausen
War Games
Planes, Trains, and Automobiles
Brazil
Highlander
Weekend at Bernie's
They Live
Heavy Metal
The Adventures of Mark Twain

NahaNago

I guess I'll add Beowulf with the highlander guy in it(or in mortal kombat). I don' t know if I'd call it a must see but it is one of my faves. Surf Ninja and 3 ninjas were also fun.

Top Bottom