• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are some of your favorite idle animations in fighting games?

ScOULaris

I'm partial to Sabrewulf's idle animation from Killer Instinct (2013). It comes across as so feral and aggressive, which perfectly suits the character.

SABREWULF.gif

Gren

My favorites are the ones that have some sort of transition if left standing too long. For instance, Andy's KOF stance.

I love that he switches to his old FF2/94 stance for a bit. SFV is also pretty neat in that almost everyone (as far as I've seen) has an idle transition.

In terms of jsut the stance, Kim's RB one will always stand out because he has his back facing the player. The little hair sweep is a nice touch.

OLfycfI.jpg

Cerebella from Skullgirls

I actually think she has the best walking animations around, but her idles stance is strong. Though honestly anything from Skullgirls is best in class animation-wise.

bumpkin

I'm partial to Sabrewulf's idle animation from Killer Instinct (2013). It comes across as so feral and aggressive, which perfectly suits the character.

SABREWULF.gif
Honestly the first one that came to mind for me.

I can't find a GIF off-hand, but I also really like Jago's. It's the subtleties like how he peridoically lifts and shakes his leg like he's trying to stay loose.

I know this isn't official art, but I like Ryu's idle animation in Third Strike...

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Always been a fan of Rock Howard's.

rock-cvs2-stance.gif

petran79

Banned
Mars People (Neo Geo Battle Coliseum)

latest

Pupa Salgueiro and Alice Carrol (Rage of the Dragons)

latest

latest

Sauron (Primal Rage)

tumblr_nbgzfmjTke1skasmxo1_r2_500.gif

Menitta

There's a fighter in Saltybet that uses one of the characters from Fist of the North Star and his idle animation is just flailing his arms all over the place. I forget the name, but he's in exhibs every now and then.

fhqwhgads

YrlXoNz.gif

Fits Marisa perfectly.

OLfycfI.jpg

Cerebella from Skullgirls

I actually think she has the best walking animations around, but her idles stance is strong. Though honestly anything from Skullgirls is best in class animation-wise.

Magneto's Psychedelic Jazz Hands

magneto-hands-stance.gif

Don't have an in game gif of it, but Double from Skullgirls:
Thread is off to a great start already. Nothing tops sprites.

Top Bottom