• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are some of your favorite idle animations in fighting games?

fhqwhgads

Can't post Smash if you're not gonna post the King
tumblr_nsg24eZ4Aw1tm05d9o6_r1_250.gif

shockdude

There's a fighter in Saltybet that uses one of the characters from Fist of the North Star and his idle animation is just flailing his arms all over the place. I forget the name, but he's in exhibs every now and then.
hahaha I remember that character, he was always great. Unfortunately I can't remember the character's name either.

GooeyHeat

There's a fighter in Saltybet that uses one of the characters from Fist of the North Star and his idle animation is just flailing his arms all over the place. I forget the name, but he's in exhibs every now and then.

hahaha I remember that character, he was always great. Unfortunately I can't remember the character's name either.
I think you're looking for Alter Amiba?

In Guilty Gear Xrd if you let Bedman idle for long enough, the bed drops down and basically turns into a regular bed. Oddly enough, this actually has a different hitbox from his normal standing animation, as you can see here due to May's attack completely whiffing:

Honestly the first one that came to mind for me.

I can't find a GIF off-hand, but I also really like Jago's. It's the subtleties like how he peridoically lifts and shakes his leg like he's trying to stay loose.

I know this isn't official art, but I like Ryu's idle animation in Third Strike...

At least post the original sprite work even if it is small.
noM7zOA.gif

Whatever it is you posted looks terrible by comparison.

Reactions: pab

NEO0MJ

I love Takuma's stance in KOF XIII. This is a man who's about to break every bone in your body.

26491830352_464399c693_o.gif

Funny enough they gave his dark version, Mr.Karate, a really boring stance.

Top Bottom