• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are the best boxarts this gen?

RedSwirl

mrseaves said:
jaquette-red-dead-redemption-xbox-360-cover-avant-g_090280038300008083.jpg

The best game this gen had to have the best box art.

Honestly I think this is a big disappointment after the one they were originally gonna use.

Flipyap

RedSwirl said:
Honestly I think this is a big disappointment after the one they were originally gonna use.
Aww, don't say things like that. Box Art Marston is going to cut himself again, if he reads this.

I'm not a big fan of the really "busy" ones.

The three I came to post were Uncharted DF, MGS4 collectors and GT5 but they were already shown. I wouldn't say they are the best but the first time I saw each one, I noticed that they are exceptionally well done.

Tron 2.0

EmmanuelMunoz said:
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2009/07/deadspaceextractionboxart1110709580.jpg[IMG]
Just look at that scream[/QUOTE]Good times, good times.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/OnvMI.jpg

LQX

This thread is proof box art has improved a lot as nearly every big game is represented.

It was never released retail but if it did I think wit would be the best cover of any genre.
Battlefield_Bad_Company_2_Vietnam_Cover_gross-500x500.jpg

82906437.jpg

Does this mean that North America has more talented illustrators than Europe?...Hmmmm

Honestly I find the woman's face a lot more expressive in the PAL version, but overall the woman on the left is "sexually" more appealing, so NA wins!

AceBandage said:
156r3lw.jpg

Man... the Wii has a lot of awesome games with great boxarts.

This is so beautiful, also what's great about it is that it's very rare that we see a full female figure on box art covers that's not overtly (no pun intended) expressing/exposing her sexual assets.

Korigama

AceBandage said:
156r3lw.jpg

Man... the Wii has a lot of awesome games with great boxarts.

This is so much better than what we got in the US that it's not even funny.

945591_127061_front.jpg

Really, look at that, no wonder I didn't even remember this game. What annoys me even more is that the North American release was the only one where it was changed (the European and Australian releases kept the JP cover).

Zoibie

EricHasNoPull said:
DeadSpaceExtraction.jpg[IMG]

Does this mean that North America has more talented illustrators than Europe?...Hmmmm

[spoiler] Honestly I find the woman's face a lot more expressive in the PAL version, but overall the woman on the left is "sexually" more appealing, so NA wins![/spoiler][/QUOTE]

I still laugh at the woman's face on this. It's just very... suggestive.

Great to see some Demons Souls, Ultimate Ghosts and Goblins and Sin and Punishment love here :)

I'll just add the alternative (PAL-only?) cover for Sin and Punishment, which you can get by simply flipping the normal cover around:

sandp2reversiblepalcover.jpg

By far the best looking game case I have on my shelves (alongside my Demons Souls Deluxe Edition, of course)

Man seriously, some of you guys have no idea what good boxart is. Seriously, the Bad Company 2 boxart? That shit is hilariously generic. I can at least understand someone choosing the first Bad Company but wow...

It seems like some of you are letting your appreciation of the game color your perception of how good the boxart is.

Salsa

Some of you guys have really weird taste.

One of my favorite ones from my collection:

MeandMyKatamari432fa45bjpg.jpg

But yeah we should all agree that this is the best boxart from this gen:

Burnout_Paradise_Boxart_2.jpg

Solune

Korigama said:
This is so much better than what we got in the US that it's not even funny.

945591_127061_front.jpg

Really, look at that, no wonder I didn't even remember this game. What annoys me even more is that the North American release was the only one where it was changed (the European and Australian releases kept the JP cover).
But the game has reversible cover art that has the original japanese boxart, as well as Victorious Boxers aka Hajime no Ippo and Fragile.
Demon_Knight said:
Great to see some Demons Souls, Ultimate Ghosts and Goblins and Sin and Punishment love here :)

I'll just add the alternative (PAL-only?) cover for Sin and Punishment, which you can get by simply flipping the normal cover around:

sandp2reversiblepalcover.jpg

By far the best looking game case I have on my shelves (alongside my Demons Souls Deluxe Edition, of course)
Amazing

Anth0ny said:
Agreed. The black and white Wii cover is cool, but black and red defines RE4 for me.

Well, the black/red matches the GCN cover a lot more, but the black/white matches the Wii tab on the box, sooooo... I find the Wii Edition cover to be a lot more striking.

Top Bottom