• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are the best Doctor Doom stories and why is he such a great villain?

Status
Not open for further replies.
doom-feat1.jpg

He is generally thought of as one of the best Marvel villains, along with Magneto and Thanos. But what are the stories where he truly shined? I ask this from a place of ignorance since I've never been too impressed by Doom in the past. I am reading 1602 right now and that is what prompted me to make this thread. I quite like him in that story and that was unexpected. I am a veteran F4 reader and while I have always enjoyed Doom as a character, I've never thought of him as one of the ultimate comic-book villains. But I am willing to see the light.

So, why is he such a great villain? What are his best stories? Where would you rank him as far as comic-book villains go? Who would you like to play him in a film aside from the Nip/Tuck guy?

Bonus Superman pic:

Wag

original.jpg

GOAT

I still hope Disney gets the rights back and makes a Doctor Doom movie from his point of view. He's the hero of course...

Read BOOKS OF DOOM by Ed Brubaker

Secret Wars (original)

And of course, Jonathan Hickman's run of Fantastic Four/Future Foundation, Avengers/New Avengers, and Secret Wars (2016). It's impossible not to fall in love with Victor von Doom after reading Hickman's work with him.

https://youtu.be/q5FcKAe4M1w

DOOM is the best.

DOOM & The Sinister Six, I think is the name? Was a pretty awesome short arc.

DOOM is infallible. DOOM is limitless. DOOM is life!

Nip/Tuck fella wasn't bad, he actually looked pretty rad at certain points. I'd be cool if he made a comeback. But DOOM is just so powerful, and smart. Like Iron Man, except way more willing to get his hands dirty for whatever he needs. And way smarter than Stark.

ExVicis

That time Dr. Doom trolled everyone as he went on a journey to find and have granted for himself a wish and convinced multiple villains to come along including Magneto on the assumption that he was going to wish away Reed Richards and instead he just wished for an end to his own conscience.

Doom is the only man other than T'Challa to stare Bast in the face and be seen as worthy. He's as Smart as Reed as Inventive as Tony and has a throne that Rivals Wakanda.

Doom is the GOAT. He cant be stopped.

Read BOOKS OF DOOM by Ed Brubaker

Secret Wars (original)

And of course, Jonathan Hickman's run of Fantastic Four/Future Foundation, Avengers/New Avengers, and Secret Wars (2016). It's impossible not to fall in love with Victor von Doom after reading Hickman's work with him.

https://youtu.be/q5FcKAe4M1w

DOOM is the best.

I never liked Secret Wars but Books of Doom and Triumph & Torment have been on my to-read list for a while. The Hickman stuff kind of scares me. I don't know that I can handle such a long run.

The Kree

Banned
Secret Wars 1984
The Mighty Avengers #7-11

----------

Fantastic Four Vol. 3 #67-70
Books of Doom
Doomwar
The Children's Crusade

----------

Fantastic Four Vol .1 #570-611 and
FF #1-23
Time Runs Out (Avengers #35-44/New Avengers #24-33) which leads to...
Secret Wars 2015

----------

Doom 2099
Ultimate Comics: Doomsday (Ultimate Enemy #1-4, Ultimate Mystery #1-4, Ultimate Doom#1-4)

Triumph and Torment.
Have you ever seen the devil being outwitted by a mortal?, well, now you can.

Hickman's FF, Avengers and Secret Wars run.
OP, Doom is no man's second option, you should have come to him first.

Also, remember this scene as a simple feat on Doom's arsenal.
latest

2200695-thm_doomvspurpleman.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom