• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are the best Tower Defense games on Steam?

My wife LOVES TD games and i just gifted her Fieldrunners 2 the other day, she absolutely played the crap out of it and really wants another, what else is there that you guys can recommend?

We already own:

- Defense Grid
- Sanctum 1
- Orcs must die 1&2 (though these aren't classical TD i guess)
- Sol Survivor
- Plants vs Zombies

domstah

Dungeon Defenders is fun, and it's co-op.

I also liked Revenge of the Titans - that's one of the speicals on Steam today I think.

Valentus

I Still find surprising that 2 of the best and most well known TD games (Gemcraft and Bloons TD) doesn't have a Steam version.

More surprising is that Bloons TD 5 indeed have a non-flash version and didn't get to the steam train.

Dungeon Defenders is fun, and it's co-op.

I also liked Revenge of the Titans - that's one of the specials on Steam today I think.

DD is fun, but wow is it a massive grind with some hella elitist players. getting your upper level gear is basically an exercise in getting kicked from dozens of games over and over again for being undergeared.

It's also something of a joke to go from 1-74 these days.

MrGerbils

Dungeon Defenders is my favorite. 4 player coop 3rd person tower defense with RPG leveling and a Diablo style lootfest. Pretty addictive combo.

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
Defense grid is easily the best TD game, and it's not a free online TD.

Ohmygod.

Best advice: Buy Warcraft 3 and/or Starcraft 2.

Power Towers \ WMW \ Wintermaul \ Legion \ YouTD remain stuff of the legends.
Fortress Survival (WC3) and it's spiritual successor mineralZ (SC2) are pure gold.

Orcs Must Die rocks, 1 more than 2, though. Not a full TD.

Flash TDs: Gemcraft Zero (And sequels) and Bloons TD take the crown.
Onslaught is old, obviously cheaply done, but quirky.

Lain

Defender's Quest. It's fun, it's a bit different and it's tower defense game that can be liked even by those that usually don't like the genre.

Zukuu

Banned
Is it though? It LOOKS good in screens but it's got pretty mediocre to bad reviews :(

gonna check out defender's quest now hmmm

I enjoyed it. It has flaws tho. You need specific towers for the most part to beat a few levels. It's also incredible grindy at times.

my favorite genre, though I tend to play mostly on iOS. Never even crossed my mind to look on Steam, for some reason...

Wish I had seen this thread while the summer sale was still going...

Nokterian

Defense Grid The Awakening. Not only is it good,but a lot of fun also. Great voice acting and lot and lots of modes and dlc on PC. Got also the announcer pack in Dota 2.

TheExodu5

Banned
Defense Grid is probably the best standalone TD out there.

If you want a ton of quality TD, check out Warcraft 3 and Starcraft 2 TDs. I highly recommend Warcraft 3's Elemental TD, and Starcraft 2's Squadron TD.

Oppo

Sanctum 2

I've actually enjoyed it more than the original.

YOu reminded me to pick this up, thanks.

Defense Grid is still my fave but I think PixelJunk Monsters is pretty incredible for a console-based TD game. The balancing of the level difficulty is exquisite.

I'll also throw in my vote for the reverse-TD Anomaly games.

Top Bottom