• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are the coolest looking weapons that actually suck to use?

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I remember I used to follow the Kingdom Hearts 2 hacking community where people were finding all kinds of awesome stuff you could do with Action Replay for the game.

One of the things that was really, really awesome is you could use Mickeys keyblade, which was basically the inverse of Soras normal keyblade.

Soras
Mickeys​
Kingdom_Key_KH.png
Kingdom_Key_D_KH.png

The game had multiple forms and one of them called final form let you dual wield keyblades and they would float behind you.

So finally, this little nerd fantasy of being a total badass dual wielding the regular keyblade and mickeys keyblade could happen and looked god damned sick!

The only problem was both of those keyblades have terrible reach and do very little damage so you would just be impotently lashing around barely scratching anyone.

So with that in mind, what are your favorite looking weapons that are just worthless to use, or at least worthless for your playstyle?

dugdug

Banned
The Stormruler from Demon's Souls. It's strong attack, in in the area that you get the sword from (4-3) brings a powerful gust of wind with it. It looks and sounds amazing.

Unfortunately, you only get it after defeating the boss, so, there are no enemies to use it on, and, it doesn't do the gust of wind anywhere else in the game.

stormruler-on-hand.jpg

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Recently?

Thing is fun, and looks awesome but my god is it ineffective compared to 90% of other weapons in that game.

I know exactly what your problem is.

You gotta use the DJ Hero skin, Industrial. The different skins use different songs and actually shoot differently. The Dubstep Gun was my go to weapon for just annihilating everything around me when I was in a pinch. When it's fully upgraded and has explosive wubs, it absolutely wrecked. But like I said, only really with the Industrial skin.

Red Mage

The Great Knife:

One strike from the Great Knife deals a colossal amount of damage to enemies, killing most in a single hit. In fact, it is so powerful that even Pyramid Head can be momentarily stunned when hit with an overhead swing (although actually accomplishing this can be tough). However, it is a slow and cumbersome weapon to use, and James cannot run while it is equipped or move beyond turning when in combat pose. Even James's walking speed slows considerably. James drags it behind him and wields it with both hands, unlike Pyramid Head, who wields it single-handedly due to his supernatural strength. James's use of the weapon is limited to lurching horizontal swings and a strong but slow overhead swing.

Due to how cumbersome it is for James to carry and attack with the Great Knife, there are very few times in the game (excluding PC) where the weapon is actually useful

OT, but this shows a perfect example of what's wrong with current SH games:

Silent Hill: Book of MemoriesThe Great Knife held by the player.
Added by Order SoldierThe Great Knife appears on the latest spin-off game, dropped after defeating Pyramid Head itself.

problem i have with the keyblades is that there is no real feel of impact. Like they never feel good using them. i think those foam swords at the beginning of kh2 were better lol.

i always love how greatswords look in mmos, but they tend to be too slow for me to care about. melee dps is just boring.

The Stormruler from Demon's Souls. It's strong attack, in in the area that you get the sword from (4-3) brings a powerful gust of wind with it. It looks and sounds amazing.

Unfortunately, you only get it after defeating the boss, so, there are no enemies to use it on, and, it doesn't do the gust of wind anywhere else in the game.

stormruler-on-hand.jpg

You've missed the point of Stormruler. You're supposed to run and get it to use it ON the boss. Makes the fight infinitely easier.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
All of the human weapons in every Halo game, they all look cool but take a full clip and then some to actually kill an average enemy. Sound terrible as well.

Btw I woulda said all weapons in Halo, but the covenent ones look like wank

The FarSight in Perfect Dark, because your mates would then punch you in the face.

Farsight was awesome. IMO, depending on the stage, the balance between having the ability to shot through walls (and an XRay scope) and leaving you completely open to enemy fire was quite nice. I liked to use it specially in setups of pistols and snipers only and 1 hit kill.

mrmickfran

DA_Nevan.gif

The Nevan from Devil May Cry 3. I mean COME ON, look at this thing. It's an Electric Guitar Scythe. But it sucks for combos.

Maybe I'm not using it correctly :/

oSoLucky

DA_Nevan.gif

The Nevan from Devil May Cry 3. I mean COME ON, look at this thing. It's an Electric Guitar Scythe. But it sucks for combos.

Maybe I'm not using it correctly :/

That is my favorite weapon in the whole series. It's really really, almost broken easy to get max rank on every chapter if you use it right. I stopped using it because it was too mindlessly easy.

Izuna

Banned

stormruler-on-hand.jpg

You pick it up BEFORE the boss comes.

Top Bottom