• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are you doing on Valentines?

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
Bought a new trick battery for my Dirtbike, pulled the starter out and sent it off for a service.

Now kicking back with a coffee and some Proleter playing through the hifi.

Ragnaroz

I'm single and Valentines isn't really a thing in my country, sooo, same as any other day.

Last edited:

KevinKeene

Banned
Sending a girl that's a painfully tough nut to crack a short message just to let her know I haven't forgotten about her. Then going back to my day and hope she eventually gives in 🙏

Gonna buy a valentine card and send it to my own address. It will br written in it: "Finger yourself til you bleed red like a rose petal".

I will do as such.

betrayal

Banned
Nothing.

I have a GF for over 7 years now and it rarely couldn't be any better. Lot of work but it's always worth it. We don't need a commercial day (aka Valentine's Day) to know that we love each other.

Sakura

I went to work and got giri choco from a girl just like my animes.
That is the highlight of my Valentine's Day I guess.

Amory

Got my girlfriend flowers and a new chain for her necklace that had broken. We'll probably just have dinner at home.

I hate Valentine's day.

John Day

Ahhhh just another day really for me. Been single for a good while, but generally this day isn’t something special for me i guess.

Night.Ninja

Banned
Just dropped of some flowers and a card for my Mum, now going to spend the evening with my girlfriend and swap presents she currently thinks I haven’t bought her anything 😏

VAL0R

Banned
Well, this year Valentine's day falls on Ash Wednesday in the Catholic Church, the beginning of Lent. So I'm fasting (one normal meal and two snacks that don't equal meal) and abstaining from meat today. My wife and I shared chocolates and gave the kids each a little valentine heart full of candies last night.

Blam

Absolutely nothing while watching everyone around me doing something. I'll probably be at home sobbing tbh.

akuda

I have a tendency to get right on the verge of asking someone out right when it would be too awkward to do that...
I think there's a two week inappropriate gap right before Valentine's where you're cursing yourself if you try it. Who has time to make plans? It's like taking a flying leap onto a people mover.

So I'll be here, creepily hoping things work out for next year.

kunonabi

My blu-ray copies of Fatal Countdown: Reset and Night of the Living Dead(Criterion) just came in so I'll watch those along with Ghibli's Whisper of the Heart. Lonely but at least I won't be bored.

At least I'll have a girlfriend in Persona 5 pretty soon.

hivsteak

We don't need a commercial day (aka Valentine's Day) to know that we love each other.

I think you're missing the point, you can celebrate valentine's day, and more importantly your relationship, without buying into the consumerism. Its like you're saying you don't need thanksgiving because you eat food everyday.

Amory

Absolutely nothing while watching everyone around me doing something. I'll probably be at home sobbing tbh.
Valentine's Day is stupid whether you're seeing someone or not.

Don't let a hallmark holiday bring you down

Blam

Valentine's Day is stupid whether you're seeing someone or not.

Don't let a hallmark holiday bring you down

I know, but this is just holiday depression. That's all it is. Happened during New Years, and Christmas, and every other holiday. I'm sobbing nearly every day so I honestly give up really at trying to change myself.

Last edited:

OH-MyCar

Sitting in a chiropractic waiting room waiting for my wife to come out and hoping the sandwich line at Publix isn't too long. We're a Halloween family.

2 new sex toys for the wife. Arrived yesterday. And we are trying for baby #3

I got a new Fender American Elite Stratocaster.

I love my wife.

Droxcy

We both just got off work. Going to eat some steak, then come home and play some games. Both took the day off tomorrow.

Rubik8

Brought home chocolates for the 3 oldest daughters and a stuffed animal for the baby. Got the wife a giant cookie from the Great American Cookie store. Will sip a bourbon while the oldest plays PS4. She just started Everybody's Gone to the Rapture. Fun times.

lachesis

Divorced a few months ago, and since I'm not seeing anyone, nor plan to see anyone at least for a while - so I did nothing. Actually I didn't even realized today was Valentines day. Used to go though hoops and hurdles trying to figure out and make my ex happy every single year for past 15 years - but nope. Nothing, nada. Actually I received a big fat tax return (bought an EV, so it was quite a bit) today - so that was more of a reason for celebration. Thinking about paying off the whole car loan - even though it's o% interest and it's only been a year - to give my monthly budget more of a breathing room as it's rather tight, and I hate debts in any form. (Then again, I also got a letter from the town that they assessed the property tax in our town, and my house's assessment increased almost $200k - thus will have to pay about $2k per year more for property tax from now on. Sigh... it's like a never ending zero-sum game it seems sometimes... and new Trump's cap on $10k property tax deduction is a killer for me that mine easily goes over that amount as I live in Bergen County NJ..)

Someone gave me some roses today at work to thank me and my co-workers - I took the flowers but gave them away to my manager who has been a great help for the team. Didn't bother getting any chocolate as I'm on a diet schedule during my workout - but opened up a pouch of truffles for my child - had a few while we played Skyward Sword on my Wii U. Overall, good day. Felt.. free. :)

betrayal

Banned
I think you're missing the point, you can celebrate valentine's day, and more importantly your relationship, without buying into the consumerism. Its like you're saying you don't need thanksgiving because you eat food everyday.

We don't really celebrate Thanksgiving her in germany :p

But i understand where you coming from. My statement was more based on the commercial aspect, which really takes away the romantic aspect of this day.

woopWOOP

I kind of forgot all about it tbh

...but that means valentines chocolate has a discount today, right?? Hell yeah

BANGS

Banned
My wife and I went to her doctor and found out the gender of our unborn baby, it's a girl! We celebrated by having a nice romantic Valentine's Day lunch(Valentine's Day dinner in New York is a nightmare and anything but romantic) and ran around buying girly clothes and other fun stuff for the bedroom. Tuckered myself out and ended up having a quiet night just to relax after such an emotional/busy day. Good times :)

Top Bottom