• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What, are you listening to?

RAÏSanÏa

How to watch the shower: Timing will be everything
In 2022, the moon will be new the day before the shower’s predicted peak. So – luckily – the moon will not be a factor in this event.

Calculations by different teams have provided three different peaks, all within a 22-minute time span. The most recent one places the peak at 05:04 UTC on May 31, 2022. For much of the Western Hemisphere, this translates to Monday night, May 30-31. It would be 10:04 p.m. PDT (North American west coast), 11:04 p.m. MDT, 12:04 a.m. CDT early on the morning of May 31 (central North America), and 1:04 a.m. EDT on May 31 (eastern North America). Translate 5:04 UTC on May 31 to your time zone.

The other two teams produced similar times: 04:55 UTC and 05:17 UTC.

Alert observers might also see meteors from previous visits of the comet, but with less activity than that expected from the 1995 breakup. A slight increase in meteor counts might occur anytime between May 28 and June 1. Dust from the comet’s 1892 and 1897 visits may appear in our sky between about 16 UTC May 30 and about 10 UTC on May 31.

The radiant will be high in the sky for much of northern and central North America. But from the northwestern United States and much of Canada, with the sun far north of the equator in late May, it will be twilight during the peak of the shower.
Tau-Herculid-radiant-AMS-e1653574320673.jpg

Predicted radiant is close to the NGP. Article says the debris has to catch up to the Earth and is moving slowly. Hope it comes in a little later.
jqjcLEh.png
DfLtjgH.png

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE

Hot btw

I always go into my own head space tom york esque style that's just me losing myself in the music) Always fucks with the oldies behind me on the home trainers lmao (that weird guy with his hoodie on 120 min on the stairmaster)

I'm anxious AF going Monday morning. Been 2 years. Whatever

Last edited:

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Well, this whole album is just absolutely amazing. I think it’s a shoe-in as my album of the year. It hits all the right points. Zach Bryan is incredibly talented and genuine and Jesus god I hope this type of country & Americana keeps going strong.

Top Bottom