• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What, are you listening to?

3ddd6b380d4093c38601402a060fd8d5.gif

1r45qt.gif

metal7.gif

i've been chain listening to audibooks by john le carre and frederick forsyth for the past two months.

my favourites....

forsyth:
dogs of war - 10/10
odessa file - 10/10
avenger - 9.5/10

le carre:
tinker, tailor, soldier, spy* - 9/10

i've also listened to
the fist of god - 8/10
the fourth protocol - 7/10
the fox - 4/10
icon - 8+/10
the honourable schoolboy - 7/10

i've got a few more le carre books to listen to, but at the moment i think i much prefer forsyth's drier, more real-world approach, even if his endings are almost unanimously underwhelming (with the exception of the novels i mentioned here) Also, i haven't listened to The Day of the Jackal yet because I love the film and don't feel in any rush to supplement it... but i definitely will.

*it's funny but, really, i think that one could have used a few of the things that the makers of the film took liberties inserting

Last edited:

ILLtown

I think this girl is super-talented. She writes, performs, produces and records all of her own music. I would have never heard of her if she wasn't friends with Matilda Smedius (the voice actor for Brigitte in Overwatch), who tweeted out one of her songs.

Last edited:
Top Bottom